Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Lodge (if you are in a western time zone)!

Comment

• And now, the end is near...last night in Eagle River MI, having a nightcap listening to the waves of an irritated Lake Superior (some storms passed by, but missed us). Tomorrow is the long journey home. Had the full run of weather this week on the trip (Duluth-Marquette MI-Houghton/Eagle River MI). Everything from cold/rainy to perfection to hot and muggy.

Caught up with folks I only see on this particular trip, had a great time, relaxed, added a few more stories to the ol' memory bank, etc. It really feels like this trip is a constant of sorts. To quote the song "Kelly's Bar" by Trampled By Turtles (great song, it's a real bar in MN, I've been there a couple times):

It's never much different but it's never the same
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Hi!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Wirst thing post op you ask? Constipation.

makes everything else feel worse!
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Home (well, actually a couple hours ago). It was fun, but it'll be nice to sleep in my own bed tonight.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Met up with a buddy for a beer trade at the local Mediterranean place. Found out that beer consumed on premises does NOT count on the beer to go limits, as long as we ordered food (well, duh, we're getting our lamb fix on!). All the win for my last day of vacation.

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!
                    Home from the backwoods just in time for melting heat. UGH.
                    Rollercoaster continues for the whole teaching thing. Decided I was a definite no only to find out today it went virtual. So, onto a new thing again. I can't even begin to say what I think of this whole situation. However- I will have a paycheck so that is a good thing.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. Today I try my hand at work from home while parenting. NaSK's mom has been our child supervision, but she is also power of attorney/shared caretaker of her elderly mother. Her mom had a blood sugar scare, so she's with her today, leaving NaSK and I to take care of wT baby while both attempting to work from home.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Good Evening Lodge!
                            Home from the backwoods just in time for melting heat. UGH.
                            Rollercoaster continues for the whole teaching thing. Decided I was a definite no only to find out today it went virtual. So, onto a new thing again. I can't even begin to say what I think of this whole situation. However- I will have a paycheck so that is a good thing.
                            Glad to hear this, les. I wish you luck in your preparations for classes to begin. Man, I do NOT envy any of my friends dealing with back to school concerns now.

We got the word last week that, for our domestic locations, we are doing a pilot opening in two large offices - mine (corp headquarters) and Liberty Lake, WA. They're bringing back about 15% of the in office work force. They're going to see how that goes, then hopefully start phasing the rest of us back in starting mid-November. We'll see how that goes. I actually have to go into the office on Tuesday of next week. We're having a bunch of new safety signage installed for a video shoot on Wednesday. Thankfully I will get to park in our garage and not take public transportation, and there really shouldn't be any others in the office except for some Facilities and Security people, plus the installers.

Comment

• Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Baby wore Black will be 6 weeks old on Friday. At least he lets me sleep at night and is a good sleeper. It helps that hubby works 2nd shift and does the night time duty around 3-4am. I am planning on going back to work in another month. We are still trying to find daycare. There are a couple of places that we have narrowed down. It comes down to what my work schedule will be in the future. I maybe at a new location, but I have seniority within the company so I can pick my own hours and days.
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                                Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Baby wore Black will be 6 weeks old on Friday. At least he lets me sleep at night and is a good sleeper. It helps that hubby works 2nd shift and does the night time duty around 3-4am. I am planning on going back to work in another month. We are still trying to find daycare. There are a couple of places that we have narrowed down. It comes down to what my work schedule will be in the future. I maybe at a new location, but I have seniority within the company so I can pick my own hours and days.
                                Finding daycare is always complicated. THis must make it doubly interesting.

Scarlet- good luck to you as well!

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Working...
                                X