• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Morning, Lodge! Great start to the vacation already (minus the drizzly, dreary weather). Today looks awesome, though. It'll be nice not to have to drive today, though. Including the short stops yesterday at eateries/breweries, I was on the road for about 12 hours.

As for the Rona, it IS a different feel up here, due to all the social distancing. So far, our group has been allowed to bend the rules a little (the whole 4/table, 6 if from same household is ignored). However, masks are indeed everywhere, even outside, which did surprise me, given where we are (UP of MI). Yes there is a state mandate, but...well...some people are taking it not so nicely (some have worded signs such as "Due to the orders of our GREAT governor..." etc).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Morning, Lodge! Great start to the vacation already (minus the drizzly, dreary weather). Today looks awesome, though. It'll be nice not to have to drive today, though. Including the short stops yesterday at eateries/breweries, I was on the road for about 12 hours.

As for the Rona, it IS a different feel up here, due to all the social distancing. So far, our group has been allowed to bend the rules a little (the whole 4/table, 6 if from same household is ignored). However, masks are indeed everywhere, even outside, which did surprise me, given where we are (UP of MI). Yes there is a state mandate, but...well...some people are taking it not so nicely (some have worded signs such as "Due to the orders of our GREAT governor..." etc).
        Tough life when people are trying to keep you on the right side of the grass.

They haven't started coming back to campus and already reports of people being dumb, testing positive and getting others sick. If only people would stop feeling they are so special so they should be able to do what they want just this once. Just this once is not going so well for a lot of the people I know. Lost another 2 people this week. Not that old.

But- for now- up on the lake trying to not listen to mr les talk about this all day on zoom. Walking every day. Before I was seeing a lot of wild flowers. Now a lot of very, very weird mushrooms.

Comment

• In Duluth, they were very strict about it (we had 5 people, so had to get 2 tables). In Houghton, both places we went to last night didn't care, however, it being a Wed night, there were maybe 1-2 other people inside besides us (and obviously the 2 bartenders/beertenders per place). That may change tonight, depending on how busy those places are. We had about 7-8 at one place, and 9-10 at the other (although the latter was outside; no inside seating allowed at all).

EVERYone, except a gas station in Bruce Crossing MI (which is barely a township; they have a bar, a feed supply store, and the gas station), HAS enforced masks inside, though.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Mornin', Lodge! Last night was fun. The bar we were at was rather dead, and the jukebox didn't have any censors/limits on it...led by melmac, we had a LOT of fun with that. Now the 20YO-something staff knows the finer points of the 2 Live Crew/Ice T/Public Enemy library. Note: the staff loved the music, they just had no idea it existed, since it all came out way before they were born (and we were not playing the songs that EVERYONE knows).

Saw the weather for the MPLS area today...I'm glad I'm up here. Supposed to be 80/sunny/breezy. Perfect lake weather.

Comment

• Good morning Lodge.

Virtually hosted my mom's 70th birthday party last night. My brother and I had arranged a family Jitsi (like zoom) to wish her a happy birthday. I decided it would be fun to invite my mom's sibliings to join us, so with very little notice, I sent out details so they could join us as a surprise 15 minutes after our start time. When my Uncle joined, mom was so surprised. "That's my brother!" then a minute later, "that's my other brother!" A few minutes later the sister that I knew would struggle with technology also joined. Took a bit to figure out audio, but eventually got it. It was a fun night. Unfortunately, I didn't get the notice out in time for the younger sister to join, but I'm told she and my mom talked for an hour that morning.

So, I've found that I can keep a secret, if the amount of time I need to keep the secret for is 7 hours.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Good morning Lodge.

Virtually hosted my mom's 70th birthday party last night. My brother and I had arranged a family Jitsi (like zoom) to wish her a happy birthday. I decided it would be fun to invite my mom's sibliings to join us, so with very little notice, I sent out details so they could join us as a surprise 15 minutes after our start time. When my Uncle joined, mom was so surprised. "That's my brother!" then a minute later, "that's my other brother!" A few minutes later the sister that I knew would struggle with technology also joined. Took a bit to figure out audio, but eventually got it. It was a fun night. Unfortunately, I didn't get the notice out in time for the younger sister to join, but I'm told she and my mom talked for an hour that morning.

So, I've found that I can keep a secret, if the amount of time I need to keep the secret for is 7 hours.
                    That reminds me that I won't be able to go to NYC in two weeks because of Covid-19 to visit the cemetery where my parents and my mother's parents are buried for the 100th anniversary of my mother's birth. :-( Hopefully my brother and his children will take pictures of the stones as they promised to upload them to Find a Grave.

(And I will at sometime also be buried there.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Mornin', Lodge! Last night was fun. The bar we were at was rather dead, and the jukebox didn't have any censors/limits on it...led by melmac, we had a LOT of fun with that. Now the 20YO-something staff knows the finer points of the 2 Live Crew/Ice T/Public Enemy library. Note: the staff loved the music, they just had no idea it existed, since it all came out way before they were born (and we were not playing the songs that EVERYONE knows).

Saw the weather for the MPLS area today...I'm glad I'm up here. Supposed to be 80/sunny/breezy. Perfect lake weather.
                      Hahaha! Years ago one of the hockey guys came blasting into mr les training room to tell him he needed to listen to this great group- Led Zeplin

RFAlph that is sad

Comment

• FINALLY. Sitting on the shores of Lake Superior...the next 2 days will be Zen.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          RFAlph that is sad
                          Which part, that I won't be able to go to NYC or that I bought a grave spot? My mother convinced me of the latter about 20 years ago. She rightfully concluded that if I am buried in the DC area, no one would ever visit, but if I am buried where my parents are buried, my nieces might go, and since my brother and SIL later also bought plots, they are certain to go. It did require me also to become a member of the synagogue where I went to as a child because they control that section of the cemetery. OTOH, it only costs $25/year to be an out-of-town member, and for that I get more than $25/year of junk mail. :-D
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Which part, that I won't be able to go to NYC or that I bought a grave spot? My mother convinced me of the latter about 20 years ago. She rightfully concluded that if I am buried in the DC area, no one would ever visit, but if I am buried where my parents are buried, my nieces might go, and since my brother and SIL later also bought plots, they are certain to go. It did require me also to become a member of the synagogue where I went to as a child because they control that section of the cemetery. OTOH, it only costs $25/year to be an out-of-town member, and for that I get more than $25/year of junk mail. :-D
                            That you can't go

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X