Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely. You could have it and it goes away and you never know it.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• OK good to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        OK good to know.
        I think what you were asking is if a person who is asymptomatic becomes a silent carrier* with virus that just persists in being infectious but they are fine. I haven't seen anything saying that happens. It looks as if it is uncommon to become symptomatic if past about 11.5 days after exposure. Most of the time symptoms occur in the first week or so. Peak infectiousness is within the first 48 hours when the person has presymptoms and lasting about 2 days after first symptoms. After that the level of being infectious us diminished but that is a relative term- they are still infectious but not shedding as much virus as the peak.

*silent carriers are people like Typhoid Mary or someone who has Hepatitis B and sheds virus without knowing ad infinitum.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

• As usual agree with Les. This may help as well. Take a look at this graph in the paper. Depends a lot on the test. Also know that asymptomatic carries should follow a similar course of testing positivity.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2765837
          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• That is not what I’m asking. I want to know if some gets the virus but is asymptomatic, do they have the virus for the same amount of time as some who does show symptoms, gets sick, then gets better and tests negative.

Person A and B exposed at same time. Person A starts to develop symptoms after x-amount of days, gets tested and finds out is positive, gets sick for y-amount of days, gets better, tests negative two times, is virus free after, let’s say 35 days. Person B also gets the virus, never develops symptoms so never gets tested. After, say, the 35 days, is Person B free of the virus?

I totally get that Person B, being asymptomatic, could easily infect many people because he/she doesn’t know they have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              That is not what I’m asking. I want to know if some gets the virus but is asymptomatic, do they have the virus for the same amount of time as some who does show symptoms, gets sick, then gets better and tests negative.

Person A and B exposed at same time. Person A starts to develop symptoms after x-amount of days, gets tested and finds out is positive, gets sick for y-amount of days, gets better, tests negative two times, is virus free after, let’s say 35 days. Person B also gets the virus, never develops symptoms so never gets tested. After, say, the 35 days, is Person B free of the virus?

I totally get that Person B, being asymptomatic, could easily infect many people because he/she doesn’t know they have it.
              Short answer- I believe the answer is yes the length of infectiousness would be about the same. I don't think they have as much data for asx people but from what I am seeing the course of the disease as far as immune response and infectiousness is no different. So whether the person has symptoms or not they would follow the same course time wise.

As far as testing negative that is proving problematic. Just saw something (well, a few somethings that sort of maybe agree or not) that said people may continue to test positive for longer than they are actually infectious but they aren't sure. They have killed the test neg protocol because they weren't getting people back to negative fast enough for their purposes.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Morning Lodge!

Back at the lake. And we seem to have brought the rain. Last time they had drought until we showed up. We went home for a couple of weeks. They had infrequent rain (and a tornado but who's counting that?) but HHH with mostlyt sun in the day. Here less than 24 hours and the forecast is... rain.

Comment

• Covid test complete! Now we wait... but only 24 hrs.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Covid test complete! Now we wait... but only 24 hrs.
                        Tick tock... Hope it comes out well!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Tick tock... Hope it comes out well!

Nevermind. Only took 2 hours. Negative!
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Nevermind. Only took 2 hours. Negative!
                            w00t!

Comment

• Oh whew! Good to hear JF!

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X