No announcement yet.

Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Lodge! Beat RALph in the door!

The dishwasher drying is a pain in the neck. We got a bosch which was top of the charts when we got it- the dishes are NEVER dry the whole way.

We have an old TV.

More worried about our cars- both 12 yrs old. Mine is not sounding good but looks like no job this Fall so.... I have filled the tank one time in 4 months so it isn't like we go a lot of places with it. ANd now to go sleep before anyone wakes up to say good morning for real.

Oh, and my kiddo and another guy paced someone trying for the Cabo Verde National 10 mile record. The guy missed by a second. My kiddo ran 2 out of the 3 miles sub 5 minute pace and could have gone faster for them all but had a prescribed pace. He is in ridiculous shape (and the food bill shows it!)

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Good Morning Lodge! Beat RALph in the door!

The dishwasher drying is a pain in the neck. We got a bosch which was top of the charts when we got it- the dishes are NEVER dry the whole way.

We have an old TV.

More worried about our cars- both 12 yrs old. Mine is not sounding good but looks like no job this Fall so.... I have filled the tank one time in 4 months so it isn't like we go a lot of places with it. ANd now to go sleep before anyone wakes up to say good morning for real.

Oh, and my kiddo and another guy paced someone trying for the Cabo Verde National 10 mile record. The guy missed by a second. My kiddo ran 2 out of the 3 miles sub 5 minute pace and could have gone faster for them all but had a prescribed pace. He is in ridiculous shape (and the food bill shows it!)
      Still night-time here, dammit!

2 days of work, then I'm off until the 28th. The countdown has more than begun.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            Are you sure you didn’t close it all the way last night, or something kept it from closing? Seems odd that it would just happen like that.
            I think that’s what happened. Once I got it to shut yesterday morning, I didn’t open it all day. I opened this morning and everything appeared to be frozen and I was able to shut the door. I guess I didn’t need to spend those two hours looking for refrigerators online.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I think that’s what happened. Once I got it to shut yesterday morning, I didn’t open it all day. I opened this morning and everything appeared to be frozen and I was able to shut the door. I guess I didn’t need to spend those two hours looking for refrigerators online.
              My new fridge, I have to forcefully shut the door. It does automatically swing shut, like the older fridges, but doesn't shut all the way. I think it's an IDI0T safeguard or something. "Make sure it's shut!" --Manufacturer
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                The good news is that a 4K UHD TV is pretty cheap these days when compared against the old plasma TVs.
                Seriously right? It’s crazy how much prices on TV’s has dropped in the past few years.

Hammer - if you haven’t looked at TVs in a while you will be amazed at the price difference between now and then. Our 10 year old TV died last year too... i think our new one was 1/3 the price of the previous one and has a better picture plus all the smart tv features.
                Last edited by ericredaxe; 07-16-2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Seriously right? It’s crazy how much prices on TV’s has dropped in the past few years.

Hammer - if you haven’t looked at TVs in a while you will be amazed at the price difference between now and then. Our 10 year old TV died last year too... i think our new one was 1/3 the price of the previous one and has a better picture plus all the smart tv features.
                  Agreed. I think I bought my last plasma 5-6 years ago? It was half the cost (including delivery), 50" compared to 32", and is still going (storm blew out my last one, despite surge protector, somehow). New tech hits, they jack the price, then 2-3 years later the cost sinks hardcore. It's the way it goes.

Comment

• Huh. Maybe we need to look at TVs. We have a running joke about this. I don't think we have had a new TV is almost 30 yrs. My father and his wife buy a new one and we inherit the old one. We currently have 2 of their old TVs.

Good Evening Lodge!

Since we are talking about things that have died-
                    My fitbit died and I need to get a new watch/fitness tracker. It wasn't that old and they had zero concern for helping me when I chatted with support. I tried 2 times. No problem solving. If it doesn't work after hard reset then oh well for you. They sent me a 25% coupon but why would I buy something that has poor quality and doesn't care to help me? I post on fb asking for recommendations- didn't get many of those but a bunch of people who commented or PM me about how awful their fitbit experiences were. I have a very small wrist so I cna't wear a lot of the watches. Not safe to go out to look at them. I am a shop by touch and talking to the salesperson. SO sad.

Looked at a lot of the review things. Lots of Apple. I am not an apple person- android cell, MS IOS. I have to get off my but to see if those interface with an apple watch

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!

Hoven is a brat. He posted an earworm on my fb page and then went away for his trip I would share but the downgrade seems to object to cut and paste, trying to type in link and anything else I can think of.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Good Evening Lodge!

Hoven is a brat. He posted an earworm on my fb page and then went away for his trip I would share but the downgrade seems to object to cut and paste, trying to type in link and anything else I can think of.
                            I haven't left yet! I leave Tue for Duluth, then Wed to Marquette (MI) and end Wed in Houghton. However, I AM officially on vacation until the 28th.
                            A cribbage session tomorrow with some friends (we were all trash-talking each other last weekend on who was better), BBQ/bottleshare on Sunday, Monday there's nothing except anticipation, then early-arse Tue a couple of us leave.

This is the one les is referring to. An oldie but a goodie:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9A

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X