X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. Took today off. Earlier this week I was kinda hoping to go to the beach today. Right now it’s not too bad but supposed to get more cloudy and rainy. Because, of course.

I had a six month check-in with my doctor this morning. Made the appointment back in January after my physical. We did it over the phone. Good chat. Now I’m just waiting for a call from the dealership. Oh, did I mention my latest and greatest?

- After getting car inspected last Thursday, tire pressure light back on and flashing, plus the ABS and VSC Trac lights on.
        - Couldn’t get appointment till this past Wednesday at the dealership. I waited there while they ran diagnostic tests. Two hours later, they tell me it’s a failed sensor related to the antilock braking system. Needs to be replaced. Will cost x-amount, that was more than I would’ve thought for a sensor.
        - Oh, and they don’t have that part, have to order it. I ask for a loaner car.
        - Phone call from service advisor at 10am yesterday - new part arrived and installed. Re-ran diagnostics. Still not working. Ugh. Further investigation shows a ring (?) on the left front axel is broken. ENTIRE axel needs to be replaced. ::head desk:: OK how much is that? Actually, less than I thought. Will take another day. I’m fine, not going anywhere.
        - Call at 4:30, car is all set to be picked up. I ask if I can do it this morning, they said yes. Getting all the paperwork etc together. I tell them I have an 8:30-9 call, call me at 9. Still waiting. I’m going to call in a few minutes. I want to go get it ow so I can go food shopping.

Comment

• Good evening Lodge!

I went and picked black raspberries at a friend's house. Outside and masked because they have someone going for surgery so they are in uber careful state. It was nice to chat with someone other than a relative in real life.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Morning, Lodge!
                Doing the usual Saturday thing, headed to my "lake house" (2nd fave brewery) with a buddy, who was nice enough to secure a couple crowlers (25oz cans) for me on Thursday from them (they sold out in less than a day), so I could bring them on my upcoming MI trip to share. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day, too.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!
                  I still think to go look for birthdays but if they are listed anywhere I have no idea where. Yet another bonus to the downgrade.
                  It is horribly hot and humid. Instead of cooling this evening it just kept getting worse. Feels like is n-a-s-t-y.

Had to tame the veggie garden which had gone nuclear (or is it nucular?) while we were away. The first morning I got in there and couldn't find a path out- seriously. All I can think of is the little shop of horrors. Anyway it took 2 hours and I was sweating so hard that it was pouring off my face, into my glasses and welling at the bottom of the lenses. BLECH!

Comment

• Hi Lodge. Lazy Sunday today. Initially had hoped to hit the beach, but got an invitation yesterday to go to a friend’s house, she has a pool. There were only five of us, we were able to socially distance in a pool that was properly chlorinated and shocked. Weather was great, some dinner and drinks. Because of my surgery last year, it had even two years since I’ve been able to do something like that.

I should take a couple of hours and either clean my kitchen or even do some work, but I probably won’t get off my couch.

Comment

• Evening.

Leaving the house for first time that isn't groceries. Flying to MN for a doctor visit(s) Then going home again Friday. Using Delta since they are doing the most to be safe.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Good Evening Lodge!
                        I still think to go look for birthdays but if they are listed anywhere I have no idea where. Yet another bonus to the downgrade.
                        You can look for threads which were started a year earlier.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Hi Lodge.
                          Bored and lonely. For the past several weeks my friends have been doing an online game night on Sunday, but few people were available today. With so little to look forward to in terms of events these days, the Sunday night virtual hang out has been a highlight for me. Bummed it's not happening tonight, but grateful for all the nights it has happened.

For thinking myself as more of the loner type that hates people, I'm starting to miss interacting with people.

Meanwhile, I'm worried about my family in Houston. Things are scary there, but my family is doing what they can to stay safe. The community pool in my parent's retirement community is open because people complained about paying dues and having the amenities closed. So now, they are open and end up getting closed for a deep clean about every week as someone that has used it tests positive for Covid.

Ugh. wT baby continues to grow and be adorable and I'm sad that my mom hasn't been able to visit since last year. Mom was planning a visit at the end of March that she cancelled. Then both parents were supposed to be here for my cousins' weddings end of May/early June. The whole family ('rents, bro & fam) were supposed to come up in August to stay at a rental on a lake together. *sigh*

This had better be under control by next Summer. The family is planning a trip to Hawaii for my parent's 50th anniversary.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

You can look for threads which were started a year earlier.
                            I can't find threads that were started yesterday. This whole site is an abomination.

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              Hi Lodge.
                              Bored and lonely. For the past several weeks my friends have been doing an online game night on Sunday, but few people were available today. With so little to look forward to in terms of events these days, the Sunday night virtual hang out has been a highlight for me. Bummed it's not happening tonight, but grateful for all the nights it has happened.

For thinking myself as more of the loner type that hates people, I'm starting to miss interacting with people.

Meanwhile, I'm worried about my family in Houston. Things are scary there, but my family is doing what they can to stay safe. The community pool in my parent's retirement community is open because people complained about paying dues and having the amenities closed. So now, they are open and end up getting closed for a deep clean about every week as someone that has used it tests positive for Covid.

Ugh. wT baby continues to grow and be adorable and I'm sad that my mom hasn't been able to visit since last year. Mom was planning a visit at the end of March that she cancelled. Then both parents were supposed to be here for my cousins' weddings end of May/early June. The whole family ('rents, bro & fam) were supposed to come up in August to stay at a rental on a lake together. *sigh*

This had better be under control by next Summer. The family is planning a trip to Hawaii for my parent's 50th anniversary.
                              Virtual hugs.
                              Feeling the same. My friend on St Croix and I try to do cocktails every couple of weeks. Things are crazy for her right now so she cancelled the last one. In the normal scheme of things it would be no big deal but it is like someone rained on my parade. She probably barely thinks of it (new job, multiple challenges of living on an island where things break and fixing them is a nightmare) but I have a big fat nothing to do and am trying to not get too bummed.

Realizing that a lot of my interactions with people are incidental- running into people, chatting when I am shooting a Meet, etc. Now I don't have any of the incidental stuff and some of the people I would be in contact with are having a difficult time with things like science and facts. Sigh.

We have family in FLA who are not being safe. It won't end well there. And I have family up here who are not doing well with the social isolation so keep calling me so I can tell them it is safe to go out- it isn't. I am getting fatigued with having to be kind and say no gently. I might not make it much longer being gentle.

Comment

• I get to go out on weekends, and of course my MI trip is coming up, but everyone in all cases, I know have been obeying the rules/guidelines. I know it's not 100%, nothing is, but it gives me faith and trust that they are doing what they are supposed to. I know I've made light of such things, and hey, it's a comedic bit. I have only hung out with people that do follow the rules/etc, hence some pushing of the limits in cases.

For example, today at Church, we had a 4 person table, and a 2 person table...next to each other. 6 feet in between, per executive order, but we were close enough to be able to talk, and not yell, and have a conversation. That sorta thing. Note: in MN, if you're the same household, the limit is 6; if not, the limit is 4.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X