X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I got very good news today. My customer approved me continuing to stay home for my high risk wife even though the rules are I would be reporting in Monday. I have to go in a few times a week on off hours to handle anything I can't do remotely but my god I will take it.

I've not been able to sleep worrying about exposing her. This will help.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Good news indeed
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Lunchtime drive-by. Gf is currently complaining to me that her b1tchy upstairs neighbor damaged one of her outdoor chairs when the neighbor took her car to work this morning (just ran over it with the car, didn't bother stopping to move it out of the way or check for damage). They're having a catty texting exchange and I won't lie, it's pretty entertaining. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I got very good news today. My customer approved me continuing to stay home for my high risk wife even though the rules are I would be reporting in Monday. I have to go in a few times a week on off hours to handle anything I can't do remotely but my god I will take it.

I've not been able to sleep worrying about exposing her. This will help.
              Thank goodness!

And a catty exchange over something normal like that is rather refreshing!

Good Evening Lodge!

I bailed 130+ gallons out of the boat. We have had a little rain. The bands of rain have been tracking smack dab thru our area.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I swallowed my first cherry pit if the year.

I also got my first flat on a bike of the year, and I can't blame all the construction at the DC Wharf because it happened nowhere near there. That reminds me that while looking at the construction of Phase 2 there, I counted five cranes and wondered why Iowa congressman Rod Blum hadn't complained this time. https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/0...ion-the-wharf/ Turns out he lost in 2018. I didn't expect that.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I took today off, went to go get my car inspected. While I was there, I asked if they could also check the tire pressure on my tires because my tire pressure indicator light started coming, though it was not on when I got to the inspection place.

Mechanic tells me that he made the tire pressure 30 in all four tires, one was at 27, the other three were at 45. Not sure how that happened. Five minutes after I drive away, the tire pressure light comes on and is now flashing. That never happened before. In addition, the VSC Trac and the ABS lights came on. Drove back, let them know. One mechanic guy says i told them to put air in the tires and the ABS was a different problem. I tell him no, I asked you to check the tire pressure because that light keeps coming on, though it was not on at the time, figured I’d ask since you guys are mechanics. Also, neither of those other two lights had come on, they happened to come on after you guys adjusted the tire pressure.

So the two guys looked again, think it’s just some sensor on the left front tire causing this. They said those lights come on to scare people - good job! - and not to worry. Um, one light is FLASHING and two other lights are on. Anyway, car got me home fine, but I called my dealership where I always take it to see if they had any openings today or even tomorrow. Nope. Couldn’t get an appointment till Wednesday. Ugh. I’m planning to go visit my mom tomorrow and now I’m unsure of going because it’s a bit of a drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I swallowed my first cherry pit if the year.

I also got my first flat on a bike of the year, and I can't blame all the construction at the DC Wharf because it happened nowhere near there. That reminds me that while looking at the construction of Phase 2 there, I counted five cranes and wondered why Iowa congressman Rod Blum hadn't complained this time. https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/0...ion-the-wharf/ Turns out he lost in 2018. I didn't expect that.
                        the wharf is an opulence though... been down there a few times over the winter to play broomball outside. Its ritzy and certainly geared towards a high level of social class.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post

the wharf is an opulence though... been down there a few times over the winter to play broomball outside. Its ritzy and certainly geared towards a high level of social class.
                          Quite true although there are notable exceptions.

The point is that it was not funded by federal taxpayers.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Quite true although there are notable exceptions.

The point is that it was not funded by federal taxpayers.
                            Fair enough
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              I took today off, went to go get my car inspected. While I was there, I asked if they could also check the tire pressure on my tires because my tire pressure indicator light started coming, though it was not on when I got to the inspection place.

Mechanic tells me that he made the tire pressure 30 in all four tires, one was at 27, the other three were at 45. Not sure how that happened. Five minutes after I drive away, the tire pressure light comes on and is now flashing. That never happened before. In addition, the VSC Trac and the ABS lights came on. Drove back, let them know. One mechanic guy says i told them to put air in the tires and the ABS was a different problem. I tell him no, I asked you to check the tire pressure because that light keeps coming on, though it was not on at the time, figured I’d ask since you guys are mechanics. Also, neither of those other two lights had come on, they happened to come on after you guys adjusted the tire pressure.

So the two guys looked again, think it’s just some sensor on the left front tire causing this. They said those lights come on to scare people - good job! - and not to worry. Um, one light is FLASHING and two other lights are on. Anyway, car got me home fine, but I called my dealership where I always take it to see if they had any openings today or even tomorrow. Nope. Couldn’t get an appointment till Wednesday. Ugh. I’m planning to go visit my mom tomorrow and now I’m unsure of going because it’s a bit of a drive.
                              mr les car does this all the time. He has been driving with those lights on for at least a yr. The tire pressure is fine when they check it. They told him he could replace the sensor for many, many dollars or just ignore it. You have been reading my stories about mr les for a few yrs. You guess what he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

mr les car does this all the time. He has been driving with those lights on for at least a yr. The tire pressure is fine when they check it. They told him he could replace the sensor for many, many dollars or just ignore it. You have been reading my stories about mr les for a few yrs. You guess what he said.
                                From what I hear, these new-fangled cars' warning lights come on if your gas cap is loose. It's a joke.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X