Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning Lodge and Happy Monday. Back to work today. While I checked email almost daily (and thankfully nothing really happened while I was out), I'm trying to recall where I left off on things. Man, it feels like forever ago that I was working!

Comment

• Good Afternoon Lodge!
      In the queue for the jab. Registered in NH, where I would be working. Have an offer to teach this semester that would be one day a week at LTC facility. Will do it if I can get the jab. Love teaching the course they need people for.
      Interestingly MA has not contacted me at all. Even with 2 licenses in the risk profession.

Comment

• Heard this limerick today and immediately thought of les.
        (12+144+20+3√4)/7+5*11=9²+0

I'm not sure if the square root and square sign will show up.

A dozen, a gross and a score
        Plus 3 times the square root of 4,
        Divided by 7,
        Plus 5 times 11,
        Is 9 squared and not a bit more.

This may be my new favorite poem.
        Last edited by wolverineTrumpet; 01-04-2021, 03:00 PM.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          Heard this limerick today and immediately thought of les.
          (12+144+20+3√4)/7+5*11=9²+0

I'm not sure if the square root and square sign will show up.

A dozen, a gross and a score
          Plus 3 times the square root of 4,
          Divided by 7,
          Plus 5 times 11,
          Is 9 squared and not a bit more.

This may be my new favorite poem.
          I was told there would be no math <-- obligatory

Comment

• HHT! Sweep! Plus, my Bills play at noon on Sat, and Gophers play at 4. Perfect timing.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Ummmm, why is it snowing???

So, in the interest of trying to get a little healthier in 2021, I'm starting out slowly. Xfinity has free exercise videos and they have a 10-minute express walking class. I've done it the past two morning. Hoping to move up to something a little longer and more cardio related maybe next week, but this is a start. Also, I bought salmon to have for dinner the past couple of nights as I've overloaded on crap and carbs over the holiday.

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!
                    I have Xfinity- I keep saying I am going to look into the exercise stuff. Haven't. I am still walking daily- now more than a year. This past week I am back up over 2.5 miles a day. I am still getting to the eating healthy stage. Way too much crap in my house.

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Apparently the solution to being short-staffed is to take on business from other branches. Whee.
                      As for exercise, that's where my job comes in.
                      Anecdote: helped a friend move a couple years ago, after 1-2 hours, they were ready to take a 10 minute break. I lol'd, and kept moving stuff. When asked "how the hell...?" I replied: this is my living, lifting boxes all day." These were not out of shape people, either.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• s’upp y’all
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I've done 8 loads of laundry over the last three days. I have two throw blankets that I need to also wash. And a comforter. I went to my dry cleaners to drop of some things and asked if they clean comforters. They do, but for a Queen sized one, they charge, like, $30. This comforter is a cheap one I use in my second bedroom. I could BUY one for less. Unfortunately my washing machine is too small for it otherwise I would wash it (it is machine washable) and the laundromat that was across the street from me closed. Which was a bummer because they also sold lottery tickets and with the PowerBall and MegaMillions being really high, I want to buy tickets. Any. Way. I need to find another laundromat. I really don't want to go to one in this COVID day and age. Not sure if I should ask any friends if they have large washing machines and would be up for a masked and socially distant visit from me so I could use their machine. Thoughts?

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X