X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Good Evening Lodge!

We decorated the 'little' Christmas tree last night. We usually go cut a live one at a farm this weekend but mr les is in quarantine so waiting game.
    I might put up my Charlie Brown tree this year, just because everything else is so locked down, I need a little something for variety. And as I typed that, I knew it sounded really bad.

For Christ's sake, I stood in line for an hour last Sat just for a beer release (which the waiting-for was completely un-needed) just to get a taste of what pre-pandemic USED to be like. Sat in my lawn chair, reading the paper, etc. I miss standing in line and BSing with others. It's a ritual, a rite. And the pandemic ruined that.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Afternoon Lodge!

Working thru the whole end of semester thing. Good Glory. Students now have an attitude I would never have dared to think of. What they haven't realized is it will take a lot more than being passive aggressive and implying I shouldn't expect them to do what they are told to do. It is taking every thing in me not to tell them after dealing with manipulative pts for a few decades they are amateurs.

Comment

• Put another offer out there. South MPLS this time. We’ll see. Getting a hang of this rejection thing.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Put another offer out there. South MPLS this time. We’ll see. Getting a hang of this rejection thing.
              Figured all those years until you met Vera made you a pro already.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Put another offer out there. South MPLS this time. We’ll see. Getting a hang of this rejection thing.
                    If you're looking southside, a place like Richfield might have some good options. Unless that's too far south for you.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Good Morning/Afternoon Lodge!

mr les is working from home. :shakes head: The whole day (really, the whole day- nothing else gets done) consists of people trying to make things work to be able to play games. One stupid after another. When are people going to figure out that if it is this hard then you shouldn't be doing it?

Comment

• les - is he able to help the team doing telehealth type calls? I totally hear you on the ridiculousness of this. I think what the NCHC is trying to do with a pod or bubble with all the teams in one location is at least an attempt at something. Though I don't get how they're doing schoolwork. Probably virtually like everything else. Is mr les quarantining on his own away from you and lil? Did he get tested?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          les - is he able to help the team doing telehealth type calls? I totally hear you on the ridiculousness of this. I think what the NCHC is trying to do with a pod or bubble with all the teams in one location is at least an attempt at something. Though I don't get how they're doing schoolwork. Probably virtually like everything else. Is mr les quarantining on his own away from you and lil? Did he get tested?
                          While I don't know specifically how each school is handling their lessons, I'm willing to bet that the athletes are all doing the university equivalent of distance learning. They have their laptops, cell phones, and network access. What else do they really need these days? It's basically like me, where I've been working from home since the end of parental leave and won't be back in the office until February 1 or later.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

If you're looking southside, a place like Richfield might have some good options. Unless that's too far south for you.
                            It isn’t too far south, we’ve been poking around there as well.

We actually wound up rescinding the offer. The tax assessment is waaaaaaaaaaaay off because they’ve done a ton of updates the last few years with no permits. After paying what we would it will be reassessed quickly and the property taxes would more than double. At that rate we’d be barely scraping by. Not worth being in a fun neighborhood when you can’t do anything.

We’ve now extended an offer on a place in Saint Louis Park. My head is spinning.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              les - is he able to help the team doing telehealth type calls? I totally hear you on the ridiculousness of this. I think what the NCHC is trying to do with a pod or bubble with all the teams in one location is at least an attempt at something. Though I don't get how they're doing schoolwork. Probably virtually like everything else. Is mr les quarantining on his own away from you and lil? Did he get tested?
                              He has to get tested 3 times a week already. He didn't have direct contact so unless he is a direct contact he is the only one who is quarantined. Not the same as isolating. That is lock down and away from us. This is the height of ridiculous. WHen is this country going to grow up? (rhetorical questions)

Was in the Hockey Least thread. I lost it in there and got to see what absolute selfish a holes fans are. We are supposed to proceed- the serfs should suck it up because they are tired of 8 months of pandemic. Honest to God- I have no words for the opinion I have of people that are so selfish and stupid. It is so depressing to know people like that exist in the world. It is like they all arrested at age 2 and are throwing tantrums because they can't get what they want. No one wants to deal with this sh1t but here it is. No amount of people dying for your need for pleasure is going to make it go away. People really, really suck. And there are some people who are a waste of resources and O2. ::Here is where we really, really need the mad emoji::

Comment

It isn’t too far south, we’ve been poking around there as well.

We actually wound up rescinding the offer. The tax assessment is waaaaaaaaaaaay off because they’ve done a ton of updates the last few years with no permits. After paying what we would it will be reassessed quickly and the property taxes would more than double. At that rate we’d be barely scraping by. Not worth being in a fun neighborhood when you can’t do anything.

We’ve now extended an offer on a place in Saint Louis Park. My head is spinning.
                                I see quite a few places near the downtown Hopkins area, when I head down that way. I have no idea on the price, similar size of homes compared to yours, but might be worth checking out.

Comment

Working...
                                X