Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

That's great! I'm not having any luck at all selling mine. I think I'm going to take it off the market for now. Waiting to hear back from my friend and her business partner who is actually my seller's agent. I think they have done very little to help get this place sold. It's been on the market since 10/15 and I've only had 7 people see the place. No offers. I feel like I'm the one initiating any contact with them all the time. I was going to wait it out a week, given election anxiety and COVID concerns, etc. Then yesterday I got an email from Redfin with a listing for a condo in the building behind mine. Same size, comparable everything and they listed it at price that's $40K more than what mine currently is.

I sent the two of them a note to look into this place, that while it did appear a little nicer than mine, it certainly wasn't $40K nicer than mine. And that was because whoever staged and took the phots did a super nice job. And my realtor took a few iPhone images the first weekend the listing was live and it doesn't look that great. I was talking with another friend and she said how she works with realtors and even knows two real estate photographers that could come in and photograph my place. I'm all stressed about this because I'm such a non-confrontational person and she's my friend who I trusted with this enormous undertaking and how do I tell her and the seller agent that they're not doing the job? Ugh.

I also asked about what our next steps were and if we should do another open house this weekend and they said no, that having an open house two weekends in a row might come across as desperate and "we want qualified, serious buyers" No ****! Where are they???

I did call the new apartment place the other day to ask them to delay my lease start date for another four weeks but I think I'm just going to let that place go and eat the deposit.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?
    I think you need to move on.

If you are uncomfortable you can say something like you feel uncomfortable always bothering them and you don't want to mix business and pleasure. You know that you can be pushy, demanding and obnoxious when you want things done or/and are anxious. That you feel like you want to be calling them all the time and you know that wouldn't work. That you don't want to subject them to that and affect your friendship so you are going to go to a different realtor so you don't have to worry about filtering what you say or how demanding you get.

Comment

• What les said about biz/pleasure.

If you're not 100% on something this major (in this case, your selling of your current place), you let it go. It sucks, but it does happen.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Clarifying- I think she moves to different realtor where she can hold them accountable without feeling bad

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Clarifying- I think she moves to different realtor where she can hold them accountable without feeling bad
          Yes. It also sounds like she's unsure of moving because of all this, maybe having buyer's remorse (and please correct if I'm wrong). Even the previous places I lived...I left memories there, and it's tough sometimes.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Yes. It also sounds like she's unsure of moving because of all this, maybe having buyer's remorse (and please correct if I'm wrong). Even the previous places I lived...I left memories there, and it's tough sometimes.
                I'm not unsure of moving. I still have every intention to sell. Just not now. And not with my current realtor team. My current realtor team which includes a friend, has done hardly anything to market this place to get sold. Given the extreme increase in COVID numbers plus the fact we are in the midst of the holiday season, I want to take my place off the market because it just isn't the right time. Had I received offers within a couple of weeks of putting it on the market, I'd be in the process of moving right now. If I thought my realtors were on the ball enough to push this place for sale, maybe I'd keep it on the market. As it stands, they recommended I drop my asking price by a huge amount as they thought it was the price scaring people away. That apparently is not the case. I do not want this place sitting there with no bites for multiple months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I'm not unsure of moving. I still have every intention to sell. Just not now. And not with my current realtor team. My current realtor team which includes a friend, has done hardly anything to market this place to get sold. Given the extreme increase in COVID numbers plus the fact we are in the midst of the holiday season, I want to take my place off the market because it just isn't the right time. Had I received offers within a couple of weeks of putting it on the market, I'd be in the process of moving right now. If I thought my realtors were on the ball enough to push this place for sale, maybe I'd keep it on the market. As it stands, they recommended I drop my asking price by a huge amount as they thought it was the price scaring people away. That apparently is not the case. I do not want this place sitting there with no bites for multiple months.
                  Gotcha. Thank you for the info on this. It just sounds like a complete mess.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!

THis has been an amazing few days. Lilnsl got a real job!! with a City close by in the environmental dept. w00000t!! and then there was this morning. I feel like it is a brand new world.

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Re: Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Good Afternoon Lodge!

I have had what the Rube would term a Pile day for ninja shopping at ninjamerchstore.com. I need to go out and walk but other than that I have done squat and I intend to do squat.
                            i really need this.
                            Last edited by chrissroger9; 11-10-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrissroger9 View Post

i really need this.
                              I'm having a Pile Sunday today. Sure, I'll have my usual brunch and hit up the local brewery for a beer (and today, a root beer, too, since I'm feeling saucy; they use cane sugar in the recipe). Then it's couch time.

Comment

• So, I officially took my condo off the market. Told my realtors that the lack of interest and the exponentially rising COVID numbers factored into my decision. I said I would reevaluate in the new year. Conversation went better than expected and I feel relieved.

Comment

Working...
                                X