Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Good morning Lodge. It's been awhile since I played cribbage. Used to play against my dad. Card games were always a good option to play with the blind man, as he has braille cards, and as long as you announce cards as you play them for pegging, he does a great job keeping track.
    Oh Hell is the game we play as a family. Many fun evenings spent playing that.

When I was a grad student and teaching assistant, several of us used to play Oh Hell.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Love Cribbage, don’t play too often anymore but played a ton over summer vacations with different family members.

Anyone know what is the highest possible score you can get in one hand? And what is that hand?

More trivia: What is the score that is impossible to get in one single hand?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Love Cribbage, don’t play too often anymore but played a ton over summer vacations with different family members.

Anyone know what is the highest possible score you can get in one hand? And what is that hand?

More trivia: What is the score that is impossible to get in one single hand?
        1. 29. 3 5s and a Jack, and the cut card is the 5 that matches the J's suit.
        2. 19. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UySf...rkennyProblems (btw, NSFW, language)

Edit: in the 40 years of playing, I've gotten ONE perfect hand. Against my grandpa (who taught me) and I was about 7 at the time. Oh, he was mad. He had never gotten one.
        Last edited by The Rube; 10-19-2020, 09:59 PM.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I don't want to be age-ist but old dude is boring the heck out of me. Doing training today, and consultant brought in is giving us his life story. I get that some of it is relevant, but I have work to do and don't want to listen about your career history for 30 minutes.
              He started by saying it's his first time in a plant since March. I have a feeling that he is just happy to have an audience to talk to.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                I don't want to be age-ist but old dude is boring the heck out of me. Doing training today, and consultant brought in is giving us his life story. I get that some of it is relevant, but I have work to do and don't want to listen about your career history for 30 minutes.
                He started by saying it's his first time in a plant since March. I have a feeling that he is just happy to have an audience to talk to.
                Ralph doesnt have to take this from you! ;-)
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Ralph doesnt have to take this from you! ;-)
                  :-)
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• DC car inspections are a joke. :-D
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• This question is mostly for wT but any of you that have ever sold a house can chime in. So, my place went on the market on Thursday. I did not have an open house, I did the appointment thing online. Or rather my realtors set it up for agents to book appointments for Saturday and Sunday and I didn't have to accept or deny them because I made sure to be out of the house both days. Only had three viewings on Saturday, none on Sunday. Starting today, any online appointment requests would come to me to accept or deny as I'm home working. Not sure what I was expecting, but have heard nothing today.

There was definite interest from two of the potential buyers that came on Saturday, but they asked some questions. My realtor reached out to my management company to get an answer. My friend who works with the realtor let me know the realtor said if the person at the management company didn't respond, could I follow up. Sure, waiting for the go-ahead to do that. Friend also emailed separately to ask me to ask two questions. I got the answers to the two questions from my contact there, not the one they reached out to. My contact said it would be easier to have them contact her, she'd answer faster. Anyway, I got those two answers, forwarded to friend and realtor. Realtor emails right back - did I get the answer from guy a management company. What??? I emailed right back that I was not asked to. I was asked to get two other questions answered and only to get that question answered if you didn't hear and since I wasn't told to go to him, no I didn't. I thine forwarded my contact and said to reach out to her. She's way more responsive.

My question to wT and anyone else - am I supposed to be getting this info? Isn't that their job? They're getting a commission but that to me means they need to work for it. Am I making too much of this? I'm seriously in panic mode that this place is not going to sell for weeks. I asked if they thought an Open House would be a good idea but I'd prefer to not have several people traipsing through here. I've had five friends and family ask me if I have any offers yet. Offers?? I haven't had people see the damn place. I've asked people to not ask me because I'm already stressed. I know it should eventually sell but I know I'm not getting my asking price, which is the lower end of what we were talking about. GAH!! I'm too nervous to say anything because friend is a friend. I've trusted her with this and I feel like she and realtor aren't doing what they can. I'm probably overreacting but just need too vent.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

1. 29. 3 5s and a Jack, and the cut card is the 5 that matches the J's suit.
                        2. 19. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UySf...rkennyProblems (btw, NSFW, language)

Edit: in the 40 years of playing, I've gotten ONE perfect hand. Against my grandpa (who taught me) and I was about 7 at the time. Oh, he was mad. He had never gotten one.
                        Awesome... one we have gotten the perfect hand. I do remember as a kid entertaining myself trying to make hands of 19 When there was nobody to play with.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Awesome... one we have gotten the perfect hand. I do remember as a kid entertaining myself trying to make hands of 19 When there was nobody to play with.
                          As for other trivial achievements, I have hit 3 bulls in darts in a single round, and have hit the 8-ball in regular pool, and 9-ball in well, 9-ball, off the break. The only things that have escaped me are a hole in one and a 300 game (neither will ever be achieved). I don't partake in those activities anymore.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Morning! I won't be around much over the next few days - I close on the new house tomorrow and move on Saturday.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X