This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    I bought most of the furniture for my new house yesterday... $6000 worth.

Who knew that going from a 730 sq foot condo to a 2150 sq foot house would require... more stuff.
    I should do a purge one of these days. The issue is finding a way to do it. Can't just take it to curbside, and I have no access to the general dumpster in my apt complex (which I think is dumb). We only have access to the recyclables dumpster. The regular dumpster is only chute-availability.

Evening, Lodge. My current "church" is gearing up for the non-patio weather, hoping they make it through the winter with the limited capacity. I think they will. Day off tomorrow because they have their members' party tomorrow, and sounds like some other members are having a BBQ beforehand, so heading to that. Gotta maximize this non-winter weather while it lasts.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• If you have furniture in even average condition, give Bridging a call.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        If you have furniture in even average condition, give Bridging a call.
        It's not the furniture, it's just...stuff. I donate what I can to charity, etc.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I got an e-mail that my ballot was accepted. :-)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Apparently, 9am today was the last time someone posted anywhere on the Board.
                And now, the end is near
                And so I [ed note: Board] face the final curtain...

Just sayin'. Sigh.
                Is there a better message board somewhere we can go to?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Is there a better message board somewhere we can go to?
                  I'm on Gopher Puck Live, and I know there are other specific team-based boards, and that's about it for quality. While GPL is free, donations are encouraged to keep it running, and many of the posters (myself included) do donate yearly.

I cannot speak for the other team boards, but GPL has the same general setup for subjects of threads. You have your hockey, then you have all the other stuff like movies, beer, weather, trivia, etc. 2 rules over there though: NO politics and NO religion. You will get banhammered.

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Morning Lodge!

Looks like I was off for more than a few days.
                        Scarlet- no I haven't been. I haven't been in a grocery store since March. lilnsl shops for us and then one of us picks it up on his lunch break.
                        THanks for the BD wishes RFAlph! I hit a big # this yr. mr les set up a zoom cocktail hour. It was kind of neat. Even more so because mr les is not the most tech happy person.

In the saga of tch is satan- We had internet issues last Tues. The guy came out Wed, shut off my line without warning, didn't talk to me first. (insert many bad words. Lost things I was working on). After a couple of hours of no access -Changed us to another trunk and told us the usual story of our woes- we are 5 miles from the origin, he will try another line, etc. Make it thru Thu Clinical OK but mid-morning of Friday Clinical suddenly Zoom freezes. It is a bit tough to tell because they are all brain dead by Friday and barely respond to stuff the other 2 sections do. So, I hotspot, send them to lunch and call Verizon again. Readers Digest version- He finds a huge bees nest in the box at the pole, evicts them, messes with the line again, comes inside and checks the speed we are getting. It is a 3rd of what we are supposed to be getting- and way less than is supposed to support Zoom and any other thing. Tells us that there is nothing that can fix the speed problem and V has no plans on upgrading anything in the future. So- expect it to degrade over time.

WHee. He made a comment on the 'rap sheet' we have for calls in for service and repairs. Basically told us we had more patience than we should have. So 3 hours of calls later we are getting Comcrap as of Saturday. Of course this week we had the worst week for needing video, and in order to plan video I need to watch. Spent 14 hours yesterday working. BLECH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Busy Saturday. I had three tubs of stuff to bring to my brother’s place. Lugging it to my car was a chore. Managed to get it all in, then:
                          I have lived in my condo since 1980 when the building became a condo. Before that, starting in 1975, I lived in a smaller apartment on the same floor which I rented. I still have things like a typewriter which I received for my Bar Mitzvah in 1961. I wonder when I used that the last time. I also have a copy of the Encyclopedia Britannica from the late 1950s which I also haven't used for decades.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I have lived in my condo since 1980 when the building became a condo. Before that, starting in 1975, I lived in a smaller apartment on the same floor which I rented. I still have things like a typewriter which I received for my Bar Mitzvah in 1961. I wonder when I used that the last time. I also have a copy of the Encyclopedia Britannica from the late 1950s which I also haven't used for decades.
                            THis is the stuff they sell at antique stores now. It is humbling to figure out that some of the toys from my childhood that are up in the attic are now collectables and antiques. YIKES

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              THis is the stuff they sell at antique stores now. It is humbling to figure out that some of the toys from my childhood that are up in the attic are now collectables and antiques. YIKES
                              Don't remind me about the baseball cards which I gave my younger brother when I lost interest. That is besides the ones which my mother discarded.

Edit: and the complete set of the 1962 Mars Attacks originals. (Of course they went up a lot more after he sold them. They were all in at least very good condition including an unmarked checklist.)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X