Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greetings Lodge. Made the decision to put my condo on the market. So, now I need to start cleaning a lot of crap out. Plus, I'm going to need to get rid of my living room couch. All the apartments I've seen online don't have big enough living rooms for it. I think I'm going to donate to Habitat for Humanity rather than sell it. And before you say anything, I've checked and they seem to be accepting donations.

    My realtor wanted to put this place on the market 10/1, but I will not be able to get this place in any sort of shape by them and it's seriously been stressing me out. I asked to push back till October 15. I've started filling up garbage bags. Not a lot, but trying to do an hour a night. Man, I have a LOT of crap. I also contacted a place that will shred the copious amounts of paper that I have. I think once I clear that stuff out, I will start to calm down a bit. I am going to the shredding place tomorrow morning to drop stuff off. I'm thinking I will have to make one or two more trips after tomorrow. Then I'm going to focus on clothes for a couple of days. This Saturday I'm going to take a tour of two apartment complexes. I went for another tour this past Saturday.

    All this while going into my busy season at work. Thank God I'm not traveling!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Greetings Lodge. Made the decision to put my condo on the market. So, now I need to start cleaning a lot of crap out. Plus, I'm going to need to get rid of my living room couch. All the apartments I've seen online don't have big enough living rooms for it. I think I'm going to donate to Habitat for Humanity rather than sell it. And before you say anything, I've checked and they seem to be accepting donations.

      My realtor wanted to put this place on the market 10/1, but I will not be able to get this place in any sort of shape by them and it's seriously been stressing me out. I asked to push back till October 15. I've started filling up garbage bags. Not a lot, but trying to do an hour a night. Man, I have a LOT of crap. I also contacted a place that will shred the copious amounts of paper that I have. I think once I clear that stuff out, I will start to calm down a bit. I am going to the shredding place tomorrow morning to drop stuff off. I'm thinking I will have to make one or two more trips after tomorrow. Then I'm going to focus on clothes for a couple of days. This Saturday I'm going to take a tour of two apartment complexes. I went for another tour this past Saturday.

      All this while going into my busy season at work. Thank God I'm not traveling!!
      That is exciting! Wish Project takes clothes, furniture and household goods they vet the people who receive the stuff. They take couches, etc. But you need to drop off.
      Best packing tip ever- put a box in each room and fill it with the stuff you can't pack yet. When you use the stuff you put it back in the box. When you move those boxes go in last so they can be out first and then you know where everything you need is.

      Good Evening Lodge!
      First Virtual Clinical in the books. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

      ...the laptop on the other hand....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Greetings Lodge. Made the decision to put my condo on the market. So, now I need to start cleaning a lot of crap out. Plus, I'm going to need to get rid of my living room couch. All the apartments I've seen online don't have big enough living rooms for it. I think I'm going to donate to Habitat for Humanity rather than sell it. And before you say anything, I've checked and they seem to be accepting donations.

        My realtor wanted to put this place on the market 10/1, but I will not be able to get this place in any sort of shape by them and it's seriously been stressing me out. I asked to push back till October 15. I've started filling up garbage bags. Not a lot, but trying to do an hour a night. Man, I have a LOT of crap. I also contacted a place that will shred the copious amounts of paper that I have. I think once I clear that stuff out, I will start to calm down a bit. I am going to the shredding place tomorrow morning to drop stuff off. I'm thinking I will have to make one or two more trips after tomorrow. Then I'm going to focus on clothes for a couple of days. This Saturday I'm going to take a tour of two apartment complexes. I went for another tour this past Saturday.

        All this while going into my busy season at work. Thank God I'm not traveling!!
        What les said, and pack stuff you KNOW you don't really need right away. For me, it was DVDs and CDs and books. I could find other entertainment. As for clothes and such, I gave away about 4 good size boxes' worth of clothes. Hadn't worn them in a year or two (went to Salvation Army, for the record). Basically, go minimalist for a couple months. Is it ideal? Nah. Can you do it? Yep
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

        Comment


        • Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21 ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
          2014 East Regional
          2015 West Regional
          2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
          2019 Midwest Regional
          2021 West Regional

          Comment


          • Good Morning, MEUSA!


            Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!




            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

              That is exciting! Wish Project takes clothes, furniture and household goods they vet the people who receive the stuff. They take couches, etc. But you need to drop off.
              Best packing tip ever- put a box in each room and fill it with the stuff you can't pack yet. When you use the stuff you put it back in the box. When you move those boxes go in last so they can be out first and then you know where everything you need is.

              Good Evening Lodge!
              First Virtual Clinical in the books. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

              ...the laptop on the other hand....
              I’ll check into Wish Project. I’m going to see about donating my couch to Habitat for Humanity. I’ve started a bit of a purge, drove a bunch of things to Goodwill yesterday morning. I’ve been filling up bags of thing to take to a shredding company. Man, the stuff I’ve kept...why do I do that? Anyway, bringing to the shredding company tomorrow morning. Was going to go this morning but my boss scheduled a team meeting at 10 and I don’t know if I’d be back by then. So I’m going tomorrow.

              Tonight I’m going to tackle my closet. Then the closet in my second bedroom. I have one big box of VHS tapes. Why?? I am such a pack rat.

              ETA: The proverbial **** is hitting the proverbial fan today. My co-worker who was also offered this retirement package just called me to tell me she is taking it because she found out yesterday her position was eliminated and the re-structure of our entire department is being announced today. She asked me if my meeting today at 10 was with just my manager or the team and I said the entire team was on the invite. She said if you had not received the individual one, I should be safe. Oh man. This is not going to be a fun day at all.

              ETA2: So, my boss reached out to me at 9:30 to let me know she had freed up time and could I jump on the call early. Ugh. So I did and it was just me and her, thankfully no HR person. She told me that my position was being downgraded one level and that my salary would stay the same. And by dropping my grade level, the formula they use to calculate yearly bonuses would also mean a drop in that amount. Which, are we actually going to get bonuses this year? I'm also going to be reporting to someone else. Which is all OK with me and what I was expecting to happen when she and I talked earlier in the month and she told me there was going to be a small blip to my job that I'd hardly notice. And then she didn't clarify that the 10am team meeting was cancelled and I'm sitting on the call for, like, five solid minutes. Official department-wide announcement is happening tomorrow.
              Last edited by Scarlet; 09-23-2020, 09:51 AM.

              Comment


              • Yikes, so many changes are happening!

                Someone breeched my credit card but they didn't process the transaction. I had called the card and they told me no, they didn't process the transaction. Then coudln't explain why no one notified me. I have 24 mo of no interest to pay off my laptop. Thinking I might close the card out. Still considering bugging out of the support part too. Spent the afternoon entertaining the policeman on the back deck, talking to the bank, talking to the CC co, talking to my major CC people. You cannot make this stuff up.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Yikes, so many changes are happening!

                  Someone breeched my credit card but they didn't process the transaction. I had called the card and they told me no, they didn't process the transaction. Then coudln't explain why no one notified me. I have 24 mo of no interest to pay off my laptop. Thinking I might close the card out. Still considering bugging out of the support part too. Spent the afternoon entertaining the policeman on the back deck, talking to the bank, talking to the CC co, talking to my major CC people. You cannot make this stuff up.
                  Switch cards, talk to your CC company/etc, work it out. It's easier that way. I was hacked earlier this year, and I pinpointed the last transaction I had (it was about $5 at Kwik Trip gas station, coin shortage, so CC or Debit Card only).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                  Comment


                  • Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                    2014 East Regional
                    2015 West Regional
                    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                    2019 Midwest Regional
                    2021 West Regional

                    Comment


                    • Good Morning, MEUSA!


                      Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!






                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • My uncle, mom's older brother, has taken a turn for the worse. He's 89, is in a nursing home, had COVID back in June with no symptoms. Anyway, he's been failing the past few weeks. His step-daughter, C who is in charge of his care, called my cousin P to let her know. C tried calling my mom, which she never does because she's a pain in the ***, couldn't get a hold of her so reached out to my cousin P. P called me to ask if I knew where our moms were (they live together). I called, got voicemail. I called my mom's cell, got voicemail. I called my brother to see if he talked to my mom yesterday and wondered if she mentioned to him wha she was doing today. He said Thursday is Market Basket day, and he remembers her saying the two of them were going to pick up lobsters.

                        I'm waiting to hear back from my mom. Not sure if she knows yet. She's been wanting to see him for a few weeks. We talked yesterday about going next Saturday. I want to let her know that I will drive her this afternoon or tonight or whenever they will allow her and my aunt to see him. Now I'm a bit of a wreck because I still haven't heard from her.

                        I am sad for C because my uncle has been her dad most of her life. I'm mostly sad for my mom. I just want to hear from her soon. Both she and my aunt have cell phones but the only time they seem to use them is when they're at home.
                        Last edited by Scarlet; 09-24-2020, 01:44 PM.

                        Comment


                        • ETA: I heard from my mom. She and my aunt talked to C who stated they would need to be there by 3:15 today. Otherwise they couldn't see him. By the time my mom got me this news it was a little after 1:45. It would have taken me 40 minutes to get to her place, then another 45 minutes to get to the nursing home so we wouldn't be able to do it. I don't understand why, if I got them there by, like 3:45 the would refuse my mother the chance to see her dying brother. Seem like such a random time. Anyway, my mom, the sister that lives with her and the sister that does not are going to go tomorrow morning at 10am and the husband of the sister that does not live with my mom will drive them all. I hope he makes it through the night so they can all say their good-byes.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            ETA: I heard from my mom. She and my aunt talked to C who stated they would need to be there by 3:15 today. Otherwise they couldn't see him. By the time my mom got me this news it was a little after 1:45. It would have taken me 40 minutes to get to her place, then another 45 minutes to get to the nursing home so we wouldn't be able to do it. I don't understand why, if I got them there by, like 3:45 the would refuse my mother the chance to see her dying brother. Seem like such a random time. Anyway, my mom, the sister that lives with her and the sister that does not are going to go tomorrow morning at 10am and the husband of the sister that does not live with my mom will drive them all. I hope he makes it through the night so they can all say their good-byes.
                            So sorry you are having to deal with all of that. Virtual hugs

                            Good Evening Lodge!

                            2020 persists but today was an OK day

                            Comment


                            • Sorry, Scarlet.

                              Evening, Lodge. Brother gets married tomorrow, and the meal is BUFFET. What in the actual eff? The facility apparently is enforcing everyone to use sanitizer before you get in line for the buffet, but still, that's some seriously bad planning on bro/fiancee. I'm eating before the wedding, not touching that sh*.

                              The guest table setups are limited to 4 per table, 6 ft apart, mask mandate in effect, etc, so that's good. Probably not going to stay long, because there obviously will be alcohol served, and when people drink, they forget, and I don't need anyone forgetting about putting their mask on, things like that. Let's just say that most of her side of the family leans a little to the right when it comes to Rona issues.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                              Comment


                              • Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                                2014 East Regional
                                2015 West Regional
                                2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                                2019 Midwest Regional
                                2021 West Regional

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X