X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, then - congrats!! Where?

Comment

• Worcester!

Boy do you get a lot more house for the money there, vs. Merrimack Valley (even lowell)
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        The estimate with the 40 gallon is the more expensive one. It’s the brand of hwh that’s the reason for it being more expensive.
        One of my brothers owns an HVAC company, holds a master's certificate/title/license/whatever, and dealing with water heaters is one of the things he handles...only on commercial levels. A good note he gave me once was this: For home models, a company will make two or three versions of their water heaters, and then market two or three versions of each model. The only difference between the varying versions of each model is how long they guarantee the function of the device. So, Model A has 3 varieties, one warrantied for 3 years, another for 6 years and a third for 12 (or 9, 10, whichever), but all 3 varieties of that model contain the same components. You're paying for the warranty.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

One of my brothers owns an HVAC company, holds a master's certificate/title/license/whatever, and dealing with water heaters is one of the things he handles...only on commercial levels. A good note he gave me once was this: For home models, a company will make two or three versions of their water heaters, and then market two or three versions of each model. The only difference between the varying versions of each model is how long they guarantee the function of the device. So, Model A has 3 varieties, one warrantied for 3 years, another for 6 years and a third for 12 (or 9, 10, whichever), but all 3 varieties of that model contain the same components. You're paying for the warranty.
          Can confirm.

And this site...now getting "server overload" messages half the time. Whee. This site is going the way of ICQ, et al.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. Logged into work this morning to find an email from the head of our corporate business unit that includes HR that they're instituting a special early retirement program for certain employees that are of a certain age or above and have been with the company for 10+ years. I meet both qualifications. They enhancing it a bit and I really don't understand it. I know this is a way for them to reduce head count without laying people off, but I just think it's too early for me to start thinking about this. I would look for another job to supplement the retirement income, but I don't want to look for another job. I like my job. If my condo was totally paid off, I might consider it a little more but there's no way I could swing my mortgage and other bills. Now, if they eliminate my position, I would get a severance package which would keep me at full salary for at least a year.

It's totally voluntary, of course. I should probably sit with my financial guy to discuss. Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  So.... I think I bought a house this weekend. We made an offer and it was accepted. Just scheduled the home inspection.
                  !!Exciting!!

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Good morning Lodge. Logged into work this morning to find an email from the head of our corporate business unit that includes HR that they're instituting a special early retirement program for certain employees that are of a certain age or above and have been with the company for 10+ years. I meet both qualifications. They enhancing it a bit and I really don't understand it. I know this is a way for them to reduce head count without laying people off, but I just think it's too early for me to start thinking about this. I would look for another job to supplement the retirement income, but I don't want to look for another job. I like my job. If my condo was totally paid off, I might consider it a little more but there's no way I could swing my mortgage and other bills. Now, if they eliminate my position, I would get a severance package which would keep me at full salary for at least a year.

It's totally voluntary, of course. I should probably sit with my financial guy to discuss. Ugh.
                    It is the most freeing thing ever. If only I could get mr les to jump!

Anyone know what is going on with this site- there was a post by previous Board person vague but saying we wouldn't need t worry much longer. I don't follow too many things anymore- the downgrade has made it awful. But I would miss here, the extras and toe Cofevfe thread

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFFo7xz69t0

That's how I feel at this point about this site.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I get put in charge of this new program at work, which is actually going to be a cool virtual event. I host a kick off meeting yesterday with the team, I tell them all I'm going to set up a weekly status call. The one business partner (not part of my department) sends me a separate note to please include these two other members of his department as they will be integral parts of the team.

So, I start setting up weekly recurring meeting for about 10 people, starting next Thursday. As soon as I send out the meeting maker, the business partner emails me directly that one of the people he gave me only works Wednesday and Friday - can I change the meeting to recur on one of those dates? Gee. that information would've been helpful WHEN YOU FIRST TOLD ME TO INCLUDE HER! Almost everyone has already accepted. Now I need to go back and re-schedule? Like, dude, if you want me to include someone who only works two days a week, the fact that she only works two days a week should have been the first thing you tell me.

Comment

• Isn't that frustrating? I've been managing a lot of projects over the last 9 months or so, and wrangling more than half a dozen people into a weekly meeting is difficult in the best of times. Moving project meeting times where there might be 30 people is impossible - you just have to guess and ask that people send a delegate if they can't attend.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!
                                I have 22 VCR tapes that I need to convert to DVDs. You would think there would be a machine that could do that. No. We tried 3 different times to buy software program to do it and it failed out every time. This is amazing to me. Found a place that does it for under 20$ a tape but holy crud.

Comment

Working...
                                X