Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good afternoon to tLodge.

    Been a very hectic week. Mom (93) was rushed to hospital on Sunday and they were thinking stroke. On Wednesday they ruled out stroke and determined she had a bad UTI. Last night at midnight she was rushed into surgery for another nasty infection in her knee.

    Here with her now. She's still loopy from anesthesia and mess but is way better than she was 48 hrs ago.

    She was so irritable and agitated due to the UTI (you women are just wired different I guess). In my 63 years I have NEVER seen or heard her like that. It was actually scary.

    Waitng for her to transfer from Neuro to Internal Medicine so we can find out what the short term plan is. All i know is she has short term rehab in the immediate future but not sure of the timing.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

    Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

    Comment


    • Good Morning, Lodge!


      MEUSA, hope that your mother is improving.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-15-2023, 05:22 AM.
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • Good morning Ralph!

        Good morning to the rest of tLodge!

        Mom's improving but it will be a long slow recovery. Right now she's so weak she can't stand without assistance. My biggest concern is her memory. Very random things coming out of her mouth. Yesterday afternoon she said he mother (my grandmother who's been dead since 1990) came to visit her. It's tough to see her like this...
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

        Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

        Comment


        • Oh jeez Mark, sorry to hear you're going through this. Sending positive thoughts and healing vibes to you and to her.

          Comment


          • Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

            Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

            Comment


            • Good Morning, MEUSA!


              Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!











              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • Good morning Lodge.

                Mark, I hope your mother continues to improve.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  I was under the impression the installer program would check that before proceeding since W11 needs some specific hardware elements to work.
                  For my personal PC, it just tells me not to even bother with Win11. I bought it shortly before Win10 was released, however long ago that was.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                  "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                  "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                  Comment


                  • Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

                    Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

                    Comment


                    • Good Morning, MEUSA!


                      Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!










                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

                        West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

                        Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

                        Comment


                        • ]Good Morning, MEUSA!


                          Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!







                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • How many days after an RSVP was due, do you allow someone to still join the party?

                            I'm spending way too much on a birthday party for a 4 year old, but I know she's going to love it. We invited the whole class from daycare/school (handed teacher stack of invitations to give out). Gave everyone 2 weeks to RSVP (requested by the 13th). 52% replied on time. 2 more replied 1 or 2 days late, fine, I hadn't finalized plans with the venue yet or bought the stuff for party favors. Now, 3 days before the party, I get a text from a parent asking if there are still open spots, saying he only just got the invite yesterday. Maybe true, maybe not, I don't know. I'm super cheap and already bummed out that I allowed 2 adds after the date, 'cause I'm over the base price and each kid costs me extra now. I don't really want to contact the venue to add another kid, nor do I want to have to try and track down more of the same party favors.

                            Part of me wants to reply that we've already sent the venue final numbers, but they open to the public at 10, so if you want to pay admission and join us an hour late, you can. I'm not going to reply with that, but I want to.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                            Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              How many days after an RSVP was due, do you allow someone to still join the party?

                              I'm spending way too much on a birthday party for a 4 year old, but I know she's going to love it. We invited the whole class from daycare/school (handed teacher stack of invitations to give out). Gave everyone 2 weeks to RSVP (requested by the 13th). 52% replied on time. 2 more replied 1 or 2 days late, fine, I hadn't finalized plans with the venue yet or bought the stuff for party favors. Now, 3 days before the party, I get a text from a parent asking if there are still open spots, saying he only just got the invite yesterday. Maybe true, maybe not, I don't know. I'm super cheap and already bummed out that I allowed 2 adds after the date, 'cause I'm over the base price and each kid costs me extra now. I don't really want to contact the venue to add another kid, nor do I want to have to try and track down more of the same party favors.

                              Part of me wants to reply that we've already sent the venue final numbers, but they open to the public at 10, so if you want to pay admission and join us an hour late, you can. I'm not going to reply with that, but I want to.
                              I would reply with that. Say they are strict and they won't let you add but you really want the kid to be able to come. Maybe a split household and one parent didn't get the memo?
                              You could also say you gave in RSVPs and you would need to ck to see if they will let you add.
                              Thank God the business of having parties in big places was something we could not work out d/t his BD being near Easter and most sports playoffs.

                              Hope your Mum is OK MEUSA.

                              We are having excitement with mr les father. He was supposed to get a quadruple bypass about 3 yrs ago, got the work up and then pulled the chute at the last minute. He's been having increasing sx for the last yr that worstened when he ate or exerted. I kept saying it was cardiac. He had a work up in hospital where they said it was an esophageal stricture. That does NOT give you sx when you exert.

                              Wellllll...... silly me was right. He was sx and a wonky EKG while at cardiology last week. They tried to send him via ambulance- he refused and drove himself (insert head desk emoji here). Got admitted. Had a cardiac cath- 100% blockage. mr les, FIL les and BIL les were saying they needed to discuss options. I was trying to say to mr les- no- he is swirling the bowl. Option A- do surgery- they gave him 90% chance of excellent outcome. 10% chance of bad outcome. Option B - do nothing and 100% chance of the bad outcome. Meanwhile he is worse so transferred to a tertiary ctr in Boston. Has another episode despite being on max meds. They add diff med at max dose. Sx cont to increase. Has second cardiac cath in 3 days. Thank God the Cardiologist was extremely blunt- do the surgery or die.

                              He had surgery this morning. So far so good.

                              Denial is effing amazing.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

                                I would reply with that. Say they are strict and they won't let you add but you really want the kid to be able to come. Maybe a split household and one parent didn't get the memo?
                                You could also say you gave in RSVPs and you would need to ck to see if they will let you add.
                                Thank God the business of having parties in big places was something we could not work out d/t his BD being near Easter and most sports playoffs.

                                Hope your Mum is OK MEUSA.

                                We are having excitement with mr les father. He was supposed to get a quadruple bypass about 3 yrs ago, got the work up and then pulled the chute at the last minute. He's been having increasing sx for the last yr that worstened when he ate or exerted. I kept saying it was cardiac. He had a work up in hospital where they said it was an esophageal stricture. That does NOT give you sx when you exert.

                                Wellllll...... silly me was right. He was sx and a wonky EKG while at cardiology last week. They tried to send him via ambulance- he refused and drove himself (insert head desk emoji here). Got admitted. Had a cardiac cath- 100% blockage. mr les, FIL les and BIL les were saying they needed to discuss options. I was trying to say to mr les- no- he is swirling the bowl. Option A- do surgery- they gave him 90% chance of excellent outcome. 10% chance of bad outcome. Option B - do nothing and 100% chance of the bad outcome. Meanwhile he is worse so transferred to a tertiary ctr in Boston. Has another episode despite being on max meds. They add diff med at max dose. Sx cont to increase. Has second cardiac cath in 3 days. Thank God the Cardiologist was extremely blunt- do the surgery or die.

                                He had surgery this morning. So far so good.

                                Denial is effing amazing.
                                Caring for elderly parents sucks. Yeah. I said it.

                                Mom is scheduled to be released to short term rehab tomorrow assuming they find a bed. Since I haven't heard any update since before noon I'll assume no bed available.

                                Had lengthy discussions with doc's and social workers about Mom not being able to live alone any longer. Two docs just pooh poohed me. Social worker jumped right into my corner and noted in transfer orders that home release after rehab is NOT an option. She said whatever facility does the rehab will likely have their social workers contact me to explore options. She said it's what they do.

                                I'm worried about timing because mom will need Title 19/Medicaid and I just don't know how long the process takes. Rehab will likely be a minimum of 2 weeks. Since mom has nextvto nothing other than a little cash, the process shouldn't be difficult.

                                She's going to hate me but I decided I wouldn't be a good son if I let her return to an environment that's detrimental to her health and safety. Sister, wife, aunts & uncles all agree.

                                I still can't understand why a 93 yr old woman wants to cook, clean, do laundry, keep herself clean and medicated day in and day out. She can barely walk and has multiple pages of ailments. Its time to sit back and relax so you can enjoy however much time you have left.

                                The last 12 days have really taken a toll on my psyche. Quite possibly the hardest thing I've had to do.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

                                Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X