• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I'm trying to decide if I should be annoyed or not at the fact that my boss' boss (my old direct manager) is out of the office for vacation this week yet neglected to mention it. At least to me. My current direct manager went out on maternity leave on Friday so I can't check with her to see if her boss sent a note to her direct reports to filter down and she just didn't do that. I had to check with boss' boss' admin to find out where she was.

Comment

• I've had to dress down an employee the last couple of weeks, and I hate it. He doesn't report directly to me, he works on a parallel team to mine, but they don't have a supervisor, and report directly to my manager. Well, my manager was on vacation last week and asked me to help shepherd a project to the finish line that was totally on track without issues.

Except the employee was awful and incompetent and had no idea how off track he was, so everything he had been telling my manager was wrong. It was stunning. I've spent probably 12 hours with him over the last two weeks and he just can't get out of his own way. Today, finally, I recommended to my manager and another supervisor that reports to her that we just let the project go live and let him eat **** on it. He's the one that'll get fired when this goes wrong, not me, and he's developed an obnoxious attitude as we approach the (new and delayed) go-live date.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Always fun to start off the day with a visit from Comcast. For the past several months, my main TV in the living room, the one connected to the X1 box, was...stuttering? The video was randomly choppy. No audio issues at all. Not every channel. Not every day. It was weird. I called for service yesterday, naturally the nimrod on the phone put in the order to remove my DVR. The technician gave me a new X1 box. Hoping that resolves the issue. My other two TVs were not experiencing it, which is why I was assuming it might have been the box. Crossing fingers that's the case.

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. Happy Friday before a holiday weekend.
                        Quiet at work today. Our production is supposed to work 4 10 hr shifts with Fridays off, but they rarely get Friday off. Today it is a skeleton crew in production. I got a front row parking spot when I arrived just before 7.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Greetings Lodge peeps. We got the OK to peace out around 2:30 this afternoon. Which I was planning to do anyway.

I got an email from one of my co-workers about 30 minutes ago that is a copy deck for a flyer. She sends to me like I've been waiting for it so I can get it to our Creative team. I literally have no idea what it's for, why it's being produced, etc. She can do this on her own, no idea why it was sent to me with no context to get it done. I get grief from her team about my job intake forms (needed to open a job) because they think I don't put enough or correct info in them and then I get this piece with literally no information. She tells me it's needed for a conference at the end of June. I responded that the conference in question is June 13-15, so she needs to confirm when it's needed. I'm super annoyed right now, with no one to discuss with. My manager had her baby last night. The other girl on my team who will act as my manager is off today. My manager's manager is also off today. I'm always happy to help and doing these one off things is part of my job, but I usually have control over them. Now I'm being expected to jump through hoops to get something done with no background info. GAH!!

Comment

• I wonder if Rolling Thunder this year will be able to drown out the cicadas. :-D I haven't seen any motorcycles around here yet. It was pretty much cancelled a year ago, but is supposed to be held this weekend.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Was informed today that we have to have at MINIMUM 12.5% OT per week as a branch. If we don't reach that, we have to take business from other branches (who are more behind than we are) to reach that level. Whee. *ing whee.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X