This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

yes. Although, shouldn't you still be off celebrating or something?
    True, I do have to figure out a way to pay for the championship gear I've ordered. Already told my 4 year-old and 2 year-old that they'll need summer jobs.

Comment

• Good afternoon, Lodge.

The weather in Pittsburgh last week has 100% spoiled me and now that we’ve had 2 days of some (minor) snow and cool temps, it’s dragging on me mentally.

Warmer weather will be here before we know it, though!
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Howdy Lodge. Another plumber just came and went. The faucet in my tub in the second bathroom has had a drip since Monday afternoon. Never thought a simple little drip would add up to a lot of water but I but a bowl under the faucet and was amazed at how quickly it filled up. I went to Google and searched on "plumbers near me", saw one based in the town next door, read some amazing Yelp reviews. I called, he said to take pics and text him. Did that at 9:30am. He called me, arrived at 1:40pm, told me exactly what needed to happen, said the cost of the part (which he had in his track) and the labor would this amount. Bing bang boom, guy was done in about 15 minutes. I was very impressed and will definitely contact him again for any future plumbing needs.

Comment

• Sorry for the double post, but wanted to post a pet peeve I have in working from home. We use Microsoft Teams. You send someone a quick IM if you need to chat. If the chicklet besides their name is green, that means they're available. I believe it automatically turns red when you jump on a call. So, when I see if someone is green, I send a quick IM to see if that person can jump on a call. It annoys me when I do that and don't get a response. I'm sure there's a reason the person does not respond but it still makes me wonder why they're not responding. I got an email from someone and I immediately sent the IM so it's not like I got the email two hours ago. The person is at their desk. Gah! I've wasted, like, 15 minutes waiting for her to say "Sure, give me a call."

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!
                We might get snow. I am not in the mood.
                Digging out at the end of the Semester. Have to correct, post grades for that stuff, right an assessment of the setting we were in. It is going to be a day's worth of time and I am not in the mood. I really need to get on it so I can get to the stuff I want to do without feeling guilty.
                And I need to balance the checkbook/accounts. mr les is retiring in a few months (YIPEEE!!!) so it would be nice if all the ducks could be in a row. I also am not in the mood for that either. The balancing thing. The retirement thing can't happen soon enough.

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Was told tonight that the main building should be okay to finish up, unless I wanted to head over for more spending money. Given that I have 40 hours already, and have 9 straight days of OT...I responded: I like my longer evenings. Bye! I couldn't be out of there fast enough.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    • Evening, Lodge. Was told tonight that the main building should be okay to finish up, unless I wanted to head over for more spending money. Given that I have 40 hours already, and have 9 straight days of OT...I responded: I like my longer evenings. Bye! I couldn't be out of there fast enough.
                    whoa. that is a lot of OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

whoa. that is a lot of OT.
                      It is, relatively. I know there are jobs out there that have much more OT, however it's been quite a change since 4 months ago, especially considering the pandemic, where people were not having a job/furloughed/etc. I never lost an hour due to my occupation.
                      1. On the bright side, it's giving me extra fun funds.
                      2. On the bad side, taking a bit of a toll on the body, and the time when I CAN spend these extra funds.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• What a gross, disgusting day weather-wise here/ Wet, heavy rain when I left at 7:30am to go food shopping. Came out of the story, it had changed to wet, huge snowflakes. In the 45 minutes I've been home, the wet, heavy snow is starting to stick. It's April 16th. Ugh.

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X