Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home improvement Saturday has begun. Plumbers are here. Trying to remove my washer and dryer to get to my hot water heater. I feel like something is wrong. Will keep you all posted as things progress.

Comment

• So apparently the ball valve (or something) that allows the water shut off from the building is old and can’t be turned off. They will be able to somehow remove the old HWH and install the new one and the new washer and dryer can also be installed. I just now need to call the building management company to replace that. Which means more time to schedule and yet another thing I need to pay for.

ETA also the washer and dryer hookup (?) also should be replaced. Again somehow it did not affect my existing ones and should not affect I stand use of the new ones but it should be something to replace in the future. And it’s something else the building management has to take care of.
      Last edited by Scarlet; 03-20-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Hot water heater all installed and working. They were able to fix the couplings on the laundry box shutoff, so yay! I do still need to have the main water shut off replaced though. Will be contacting the management company about that.

Appliance guys are now here to install the new washer and dryer. They’ve already taken my old ones down to there truck. Let’s see how this goes.

Comment

• Everything is all installed! And then I got a knock at my door. Neighbor from six floors up. Said she and neighbor five floors up heard water running through the walls. And she has no hot water. She has water but when she moves the faucet to get hot water, literally nothing comes out. I told her that interestingly enough, I was told that the main water valve thingie I mentioned above needs to be replaced. I’m wondering if whatever the plumber dudes (who were actually HVAC guys, not plumbers) did to remove the old one and install the new one that when it was all installed, all the water rushed through the pipes. So no leak or anything but just a push of water?

Also, I called the management company to let them know I was doing this and asked if there was anything I needed to do or if they needed to do and they said no. I hope nothing else is wrong that I’m responsible for.

Comment

• *ht
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              *ht
              I'm just a period into my game, but I'm currently joining you at that table.

Why is my team so cursed in Championship games? Just the third Championship game in 20 years, and it's looking like their third "L."
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge! :-)
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Well, it took about 12 hours and I already have an issue. When I was getting ready for bed, I turned on the hot water faucet in my bedroom bathroom and the pipes started crackling and the water pressure was, like, stuttering. Also, the water is cloudy/soapy. I have no idea what to do. I texted the guy who installed the hot water heater this morning, still haven’t heard. The hot water faucet in my second bathroom isn’t having the crackling and pressure issue but the water is cloudy/soapy. As is the water in my kitchen sink faucet. Why can’t things ever go smoothly for me?? Now I wonder if I need a plumber to come in. Because, sure. Why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Well, it took about 12 hours and I already have an issue. When I was getting ready for bed, I turned on the hot water faucet in my bedroom bathroom and the pipes started crackling and the water pressure was, like, stuttering. Also, the water is cloudy/soapy. I have no idea what to do. I texted the guy who installed the hot water heater this morning, still haven’t heard. The hot water faucet in my second bathroom isn’t having the crackling and pressure issue but the water is cloudy/soapy. As is the water in my kitchen sink faucet. Why can’t things ever go smoothly for me?? Now I wonder if I need a plumber to come in. Because, sure. Why not.
                    The internet says cloudy water (not tinted) is not a big deal and easy to fix usually. So maybe youll be lucky with that.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• I ran my shower with hot water for about 15 minutes. The water started to clear. Then I ran the hot water from that faucet on low and increased a little at a time. Did that for about 10 minutes or so. Water definitely cleared. I’m wondering if there was just some residual something in the new tank that had to be rinsed out. And I think that crackling and sputtering was due to extra air. I’m hoping I cleared it out.

Comment

I ran my shower with hot water for about 15 minutes. The water started to clear. Then I ran the hot water from that faucet on low and increased a little at a time. Did that for about 10 minutes or so. Water definitely cleared. I’m wondering if there was just some residual something in the new tank that had to be rinsed out. And I think that crackling and sputtering was due to extra air. I’m hoping I cleared it out.
                        I am guessing that it's similar to when you shut your water off for a period of time, the flow needs to get going again.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• We had the plumber in last week who installed a faucet and said the noise the dishwasher was making was d/t to the dishwasher- get the appliance guy in. The Dishwasher guy came in, didn't listen to a word I said. Told me I probably needed a new pump. Turned it on the dishwasher. It made the same noise I had described to him. He listened to the noise and said not the dishwasher- plumbing issue- pipes are probably clogged. (so much for the new pump). Opened the bottom of the trap. Snaked everything. Nothing is clogged. Still making a noise. Great. SO now no one knows what is the matter but it doesn't fall in their realm. FRUSTRATING.

Meanwhile... I need this semester to be over. As in yesterday. Heading into week 8 of 10. Was hoping to finally have a normal week. Silly me. Got an email a bit earlier from a student- Fall class registration starts at 7 on Tuesday AM. Right when we are to be starting. They need to book everything early or they end up not being able to get electives because of the Clinical days. No warning from Admins. The students are freaking. Why the fvck is it so hard for the admins to be on top of things? Adjuncts shouldn't be responsible for putting out fires the $$ people haven't figured out are lit yet.

I am grumpy.
                          Last edited by leswp1; 03-21-2021, 05:58 PM. Reason: speeling

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I ran my shower with hot water for about 15 minutes. The water started to clear. Then I ran the hot water from that faucet on low and increased a little at a time. Did that for about 10 minutes or so. Water definitely cleared. I’m wondering if there was just some residual something in the new tank that had to be rinsed out. And I think that crackling and sputtering was due to extra air. I’m hoping I cleared it out.
                                I went through something similar with my new hot water heater (and new boiler - ugh expensive). They should have flushed the system for you. The plumber I used did that and it was pretty seamless.

The boiler, however, not so much. They flushed it three times over two days but it still emits that "new boiler smell" when it's on. Less so now and I've read that may linger weeks, even with the initial flushing.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X