Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Good morning Lodge. Jury still out on whether this will be a Tuesday or not. It seems my Tuesdays Suck have become Wednesdays. I'll report back.
    Does that mean today is going well, that you anticipate tomorrow not going well, or that you don't know what day of the week it is?

My Tuesday is going well, in that our plant manager was given the boot this morning. He had almost a year and never got anyone on the management team on his side. Maybe we didn't give him a fair chance, but I think he was a time waster, tried to throw money and people at problems in hope they would go away, and was more of a road block than anything.
    I'm hopeful because I've heard good things about the plant manager at a sister plant that they will be bringing here to help us right the ship. That, and I know our team is smart and capable and can pull it together when we don't have a time suck in our way. My favorite was how much progress we made when plant manager was out for a few days.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Does that mean today is going well, that you anticipate tomorrow not going well, or that you don't know what day of the week it is?

My Tuesday is going well, in that our plant manager was given the boot this morning. He had almost a year and never got anyone on the management team on his side. Maybe we didn't give him a fair chance, but I think he was a time waster, tried to throw money and people at problems in hope they would go away, and was more of a road block than anything.
      I'm hopeful because I've heard good things about the plant manager at a sister plant that they will be bringing here to help us right the ship. That, and I know our team is smart and capable and can pull it together when we don't have a time suck in our way. My favorite was how much progress we made when plant manager was out for a few days.

Well, I posted that at 9:00am, before my day started. I guess I was hopeful. So far, today is going OK. Tomorrow may not. I have to go over my 2021 objectives with my manager.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Lodge peeps. Late yesterday tuned into a Tuesday - an issue popped up that I thought I had taken care of but apparently did not. Spent close to two hours on it end of day. Hopefully is getting resolved today. Had to call my manager at 8:30am to apprise her of the situation. Then today, I was on our intranet reading a story on our Q4 2020 results and noticed a glaring typo in the first sentence and brought it to the attention of the team that manages all the content. How do they miss something that obvious? I'm waiting for a thank you that will probably never come.

Think happy thoughts for me as I meet with my manager on my 2021 objectives. I'm probably way more anxious than I need to be. Why do I let this stuff bother me so much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Good morning odge. Jury still out on whether this will be a Tuesday or not. It seems my Tuesdays Suck have become Wednesdays. I'll report back.
              Every Tuesday for the last 4 weeks has been a Tuesday to end all Tuesdays. Good Glory. I need to be up before 5, be there before 6. Every Clinical has consisted of putting out a string of fires, none of which have been anything I have caused or could avoid. Next week I am supposed to do Midterms. I have 2/6 students that have only been there once , 4 who have only been there 2 out of the 4 days s/t the snow. I have a student I am ready to slap silly. The school has never been good at good at planning or anticipating but this is ridiculous.

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Actually received the 800+ cases of Ice Melt in the system, but, no direction from the Boss. So, my co-worker and I did what we do: went rogue/pirate. Co-worker released 80 cases at a time, dealt with it, released more as long as he can handle it. Did so.

If we released it all at once, it would have been hell. We probably still have 600 cases to go.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Evening, Lodge. Actually received the 800+ cases of Ice Melt in the system, but, no direction from the Boss. So, my co-worker and I did what we do: went rogue/pirate. Co-worker released 80 cases at a time, dealt with it, released more as long as he can handle it. Did so.

If we released it all at once, it would have been hell. We probably still have 600 cases to go.
                      Maybe you should be in charge of our State's vaccine releases?

Good Evening Lodge!

I finished my prep for next week thinking that I would correct 'later'. Decided to skim what they did to make sure that I don't need to correct any 'bad habit'. No good deed goes unpunished. One student handed in a mostly undone paper (seriously?) Another one handed in nothing. No. thing. Helllllo??? You are repeating this class for a reason. You should have attention to detail and be eager to do well. Turns out the one that handed in the mostly undone paper has this habit from last Semester. His previous prof is working across from me and was not the slightest bit surprised. Sadly for them I am anal re documenting and emailing my expectations. And I have a nice paper trail which clearly documents my expectations, saying do not leave anything blank- as well as giving my contact info to contact me with questions.

I have rec'd multiple snide comments re my anal-ness from other instructors about how I baby them. Not about them. About having it beat into me to document, document, document in self defense. Funny how it is always my documentation they have to use when they need to address something. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Maybe you should be in charge of our State's vaccine releases?

Good Evening Lodge!

I finished my prep for next week thinking that I would correct 'later'. Decided to skim what they did to make sure that I don't need to correct any 'bad habit'. No good deed goes unpunished. One student handed in a mostly undone paper (seriously?) Another one handed in nothing. No. thing. Helllllo??? You are repeating this class for a reason. You should have attention to detail and be eager to do well. Turns out the one that handed in the mostly undone paper has this habit from last Semester. His previous prof is working across from me and was not the slightest bit surprised. Sadly for them I am anal re documenting and emailing my expectations. And I have a nice paper trail which clearly documents my expectations, saying do not leave anything blank- as well as giving my contact info to contact me with questions.

I have rec'd multiple snide comments re my anal-ness from other instructors about how I baby them. Not about them. About having it beat into me to document, document, document in self defense. Funny how it is always my documentation they have to use when they need to address something. :/
                        I actually don't know the program to release the orders, my co-worker does. We discuss the "normal" business, and if it's too busy for me to handle, he'll hold off and help me out. If I think I can handle it, then he releases the ice melt orders and goes to work on them and I take care of everything else.

And you are correct in documenting EVERYTHING. CYA (Cover Your A*). Many times I send a seemingly un-needed IM to the main building, just so it's documented for future use, if need be. All about communication, and proof of said communication.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

I actually don't know the program to release the orders, my co-worker does. We discuss the "normal" business, and if it's too busy for me to handle, he'll hold off and help me out. If I think I can handle it, then he releases the ice melt orders and goes to work on them and I take care of everything else.

And you are correct in documenting EVERYTHING. CYA (Cover Your A*). Many times I send a seemingly un-needed IM to the main building, just so it's documented for future use, if need be. All about communication, and proof of said communication.
                          Well, they have lost their way and think the students should magically work out everything by themselves. I am very clear regarding expectations (not unreasonable or complicated), I tell them if they have a problem with the expectations come to me. If they don't tell me they have a problem then I should be able to expect they meet them. I get a mix of people telling me I can't hold them accountable and them telling me I shouldn't have to be so clear re what I want. It is like the 3 faces of Eve. None of them have the slightest idea about covering their but. It baffles me

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Well, they have lost their way and think the students should magically work out everything by themselves. I am very clear regarding expectations (not unreasonable or complicated), I tell them if they have a problem with the expectations come to me. If they don't tell me they have a problem then I should be able to expect they meet them. I get a mix of people telling me I can't hold them accountable and them telling me I shouldn't have to be so clear re what I want. It is like the 3 faces of Eve. None of them have the slightest idea about covering their but. It baffles me
                            That's the newer generations. "Not my fault."

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X