• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. I'd say I was spending the morning digging out from a ton of snow, but there was very little where I live. Compared to what les got - yeesh. Apparently I live closer to the coast than I thought. Snow is wet and slushy. And the parking lot has been plowed a few times. Trying to determine when I walk over to get my car, which has been in the T garage across the street since Sunday at 6pm.

Comment

• I now have 4 meetings on my schedule at 9 am tomorrow. I don't think I can juggle all of those at once.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          I now have 4 meetings on my schedule at 9 am tomorrow. I don't think I can juggle all of those at once.
          3 faces of Eve plus one? You can do it!!

Good afternoon Lodge!

First day of Clinical in the books, Was supposed to be in Whites but Mother Nature is in white instead. Virtual adventure.

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Took on about 1/3 of our normal business day to help out across the national network. Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Still, 21 hrs in 2 days is not ideal.

We'll see what happens this week. At least I have next Monday off, because I was foolish enough to think the Bills would beat the Chiefs to get to the Superb Owl.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• So...cephalexin ain't good for me. I have to start logging these meds that I can't handle very well. That's the second antibiotic that's caused me issues. It felt like I was in the scene from Van Wilder when the jerk was given the drink spiked with Super Colon Blow.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    So...cephalexin ain't good for me. I have to start logging these meds that I can't handle very well. That's the second antibiotic that's caused me issues. It felt like I was in the scene from Van Wilder when the jerk was given the drink spiked with Super Colon Blow.
                    Could have been this scene instead...
                    https://youtu.be/H44ZLiOlN0A
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So...cephalexin ain't good for me. I have to start logging these meds that I can't handle very well. That's the second antibiotic that's caused me issues. It felt like I was in the scene from Van Wilder when the jerk was gGoven the drink spiked with Super Colon Blow.
                      That's no fun! I have that with Erythromycin. Combined with also violent Abdominal pain and retching. When I first was working and got exposed to Pertussis Erythro was the only med they wanted to give me. It was not ideal.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Trying to find a CPR course right now is ridiculous. most sites around here are closed or severely limited capacity. I finally found one. They limit to 3 in a class. Good to have so few but not easy to find an opening. And who the fvck thinks it is a good idea to send people out into the world to do this. Further proof that people are unthinkingly stupid. I can't teach without going to put myself at risk and risking cross contamination to the facility I am in.

And the person I am dealing with at work for this is.... The site that tracks us says ARC or AHA. In the past the coordinators have made exceptions- basically they just want something. New person. Not particularly clueful. I found an course that was virtual- thru ANCC/ AMA- that is AHA compliant. Nope. I have to get it directly from AHA provider. And, oh, by the way, you can't do ARC- even when the site clearly says this is OK. I cut and paste. I'll let you extrapolate.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        That's no fun! I have that with Erythromycin. Combined with also violent Abdominal pain and retching. When I first was working and got exposed to Pertussis Erythro was the only med they wanted to give me. It was not ideal.
                        Yeah, I had a host of other side effects, and because of that, was told to quit taking it by the doctor supervising the PA who subscribed. Most or all of them fell into the "rare" category.

I don't know what's changed, but as I've aged I've had a growing intolerance to some antibiotics that never caused an issue when I was in my 20s. I've had three prescribed in the past four years, and two of them have caused me issues. I used to be bulletproof in that regard. While I understand that things change as we age, intolerance to meds is not something I expected.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• "Clueful" is a tremendous word.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Yeah, I had a host of other side effects, and because of that, was told to quit taking it by the doctor supervising the PA who subscribed. Most or all of them fell into the "rare" category.

I don't know what's changed, but as I've aged I've had a growing intolerance to some antibiotics that never caused an issue when I was in my 20s. I've had three prescribed in the past four years, and two of them have caused me issues. I used to be bulletproof in that regard. While I understand that things change as we age, intolerance to meds is not something I expected.
                            Makes me wonder about leaky gut. I have a friend who works in GI- who does a lot with that.

Very simplified- your gut is populated with a bacteria. Different parts of the bowel should have different populations- she described it sort of like each 'address' has a different population. This is a coordinated system that allows things to be digested properly so the different nutrients/components pass into the circulation in small enough particles.

If the system is disrupted then then the particles that pass thru into the circulation are not broken down properly and are larger. Larger particles cause the body to be constantly in a low grade immune response at baseline. This causes hyper reaction to things that are introduced to the system- increased allergic responses, amplified symptoms that previously were not noticeable or mild. They actually have ways to test for this and ways to correct it but it is wickedly complex regimen and means a lot of dietary changes, supplements , other stuff. I had patients she treated who were train wrecks- multiple problems, meds, etc who ended up coming off almost everything.

Increased incidence in people who take PPIs, have used steroids or antibiotics (which depopulate the good bacteria).

It is totally fascinating.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X