Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!


    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • You know things are moving back to normal when I'm venting about my boss.

      I sent an email outlining something I screwed up with regards to our 2020 budget. I even said something to the effect of this line item is not in our 2020 budget and that's on me. Then I listed what needs to be paid over the balance of 2020 by quarter and totaled it and put in bold. She responds "I don't know why this isn't in our budget and how much will we need to pay?"

      I know she's busy and dealing with a lot of stuff but the answers to her questions are literally the reason why I wrote the email. Ugh. This is going to be a sucky Tuesday.

      Comment


      • Had a division wide "town hall" today. wT baby was talked about, and I found out that the VP of Ops now knows me as the one that refers to her baby as a dragon.
        Backstory: our company Pride & Allies group had a trivia event over zoom last week. wT baby was on my lap for some of it and someone asked "boy or girl" I gave my usual response of "dragon" and "I don't understand why we have to define a toddler/infant/young child by gender". Anyway, Pride month was a topic of the town hall so my response to "boy or girl" was discussed by the VP presenting about Pride month.

        Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        You know things are moving back to normal when I'm venting about my boss.

        I sent an email outlining something I screwed up with regards to our 2020 budget. I even said something to the effect of this line item is not in our 2020 budget and that's on me. Then I listed what needs to be paid over the balance of 2020 by quarter and totaled it and put in bold. She responds "I don't know why this isn't in our budget and how much will we need to pay?"

        I know she's busy and dealing with a lot of stuff but the answers to her questions are literally the reason why I wrote the email. Ugh. This is going to be a sucky Tuesday.
        ugh.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.
        Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        9 WCHA (all except Huntsville)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)

        Comment


        • Good Evening Lodge!
          Flying visit to my Auntie's Lake cottage to open it up for her. Beautiful day. Traumatized on the way home We have stopped at the same place for >35 yrs. They are closed until 2021. Between C19 and they construction widening the road they have no way to serve food. Soooo sad!

          Comment


          • I guess related to Scarlet's post about beeching about work:
            Me: Yo, need someone down here, otherwise late truck, which I know doesn't make you happy. Volume is crazy.
            Boss: We'll keep an eye on it, we're short a person today [ed note: they say that EVERY TIME. EVERY TIME]
            Me: Allllllllllllright.
            [late truck at end of night]
            Boss: You couldn't get that done in time?
            Me: You can prioritize all you want, but if the volume is that high...nothing I could do if you want me to really make the high priority stuff come in on time.
            Boss: sigh.

            I knew it would burn them one day, and today it did. I've been at my current position for 5 years now, have been told by not only my bosses, but my bosses' bosses (as in, regional, corpie) that no one at the branch can run the show like I do. They see the numbers, the man-hours worked at my building when I'm there vs not there...

            I own that mofo.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              I guess related to Scarlet's post about beeching about work:
              Me: Yo, need someone down here, otherwise late truck, which I know doesn't make you happy. Volume is crazy.
              Boss: We'll keep an eye on it, we're short a person today [ed note: they say that EVERY TIME. EVERY TIME]
              Me: Allllllllllllright.
              [late truck at end of night]
              Boss: You couldn't get that done in time?
              Me: You can prioritize all you want, but if the volume is that high...nothing I could do if you want me to really make the high priority stuff come in on time.
              Boss: sigh.

              I knew it would burn them one day, and today it did. I've been at my current position for 5 years now, have been told by not only my bosses, but my bosses' bosses (as in, regional, corpie) that no one at the branch can run the show like I do. They see the numbers, the man-hours worked at my building when I'm there vs not there...

              I own that mofo.
              Me reading post: Why is he posting something about mortgage rates
              Also me: ahhhh another ad in the middle of a post with no way to hide it or remove it.

              Comment


              • I am still ad-free. Must be a phone vs. laptop thing.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                Comment


                • s’upp y’all

                  did rep go away? This upgrade sucks ***. Curse of tippycanoe!!

                  Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Ahhh.....just bought a chunk of cards on Ebay. 1971 high numbers. The 1971 set is ****ed expensive to start with, plus the high numbers were 1) issued late in '71, so they're rare to start with, and 2) a good chunk of those were short-printed on top of that, making them even more rare. The only really big domino left for 1971 is the Roberto Clemente, and that one's gonna cost a chunk.

                  If my spreadsheet is correct, that puts me over 90% complete on my project.
                  Cool. Good luck.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                  Comment


                  • Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                    2014 East Regional
                    2015 West Regional
                    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                    2019 Midwest Regional

                    Comment


                    • Good Morning, MEUSA!


                      Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Afternoon Lodge. Had my 1x1 with my boss this morning and we discussed the issue that I mentioned yesterday. Thankfully it wasn't as horrible as I thought the call was going to go. It was on my mind all night and I had an unrestful night sleeping.

                        We just got an email from our CEO that they're giving us Friday off for Juneteenth. Which is awesome. I'm not sure if it's going to be every year or just this year, which would be weird. But still, I'm really impressed and proud that my company is doing this.

                        Comment


                        • Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                          2014 East Regional
                          2015 West Regional
                          2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                          2019 Midwest Regional

                          Comment


                          • Good Morning, MEUSA!


                            Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Afternoon Lodge. I have a headache. I've had one since Monday. Ugh. Been getting them a lot recently. Not sure what that's all about.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Afternoon Lodge. I have a headache. I've had one since Monday. Ugh. Been getting them a lot recently. Not sure what that's all about.
                                It's probably due to the new vBulletin being too bright. :-D
                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X