Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Annoying or Preachy Diet/Lifestyle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Annoying or Preachy Diet/Lifestyle?

Side discussion in the POTUS thread brought this one.

Of all the diet/lifestyles out there, which one has the most annoying followers?
    Vegan
    30.00%
    Organic/Clean Eating
    30.00%
    Paleo
    20.00%
    Gluten-free by choice
    20.00%
    Anti-sugar
    0.00%
    Low-carb
    0.00%
    Ketogenic
    0.00%
    Moderation and Balance
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Most Annoying or Preachy Diet/Lifestyle?

This will surprise some based on my previous statements, but - Paleo, no question. It's just re-branded, pseudo-historical Atkins.

In before the poll!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      This will surprise some based on my previous statements, but - Paleo, no question. It's just re-branded, pseudo-historical Atkins.

In before the poll!
      Especially when we know that some cultures were definitely eating grains 25,000 years ago. One such Paleo doosh is Pete Evans, who actually recommended giving bone broth to babies instead of breast milk.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

What the f@rk is "Ketogenic". Do I want to know?

When it comes to Paleo though, I've got a few acquaintances who won't hesitate to tell you that if you're not sauteing in coconut oil, you're going to blow up like a life raft.
        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-20-2017, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I have a coworker who's into the clean eating, and will go off about it every now and again. He's a good guy otherwise. My sister-in-law turned to that same way of eating and life while recovering from breast cancer, which causes me to give her some leeway when talking food, but it does grow old.

I do the low sugar/carb thing, and lost a lot of weight that way. With that said, I'm not going to insert my opinion into a conversation unsolicited, or tell people bread is poison. To each their own. There are people who eat garbage all day long and are much healthier than I am, of that I'm certain.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

FWIW, I'm mostly in agreement with the "limit simple carbs/sugars" philosophy, even though I myself struggle to follow it. I've never seen a thin person who drinks Coke and/or eats dessert every day.

Comment

When it comes to Paleo though, I've got a few acquaintances who won't hesitate to tell you that if you're not sauteing in coconut oil, you're going to blow up like a life raft.
              Keto: virtually NO carbs, just fat and protein.

Comment

My best friend, Paleo, told me that because I eat bread and potatoes, that I'm eating the toxins.

Comment

FWIW, I'm mostly in agreement with the "limit simple carbs/sugars" philosophy, even though I myself struggle to follow it. I've never seen a thin person who drinks Coke and/or eats dessert every day.
                  Ditto. Over time as I stopped drinking regular pop (and now I don't even drink diet pop regularly) and sugary sweets, I'm finding that even something like Florida's Natural is sometimes cloyingly sweet.

Once you stop eating sugar, you find you can live without much at all.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My overall food philosophy:

If it supports my goals, eat more of it: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, and adequate quality protein (lean meat, eggs, Greek yogurt, and fish).

If it does not support my goals, eat less of it: sugary treats, bagels, sausage, bacon, beer, other discretionary/fun foods.

Basically, when I didn't eat any sugar for close to two years... it backfired and I found myself up at 1 AM making cashew brittle.

Comment

I’ve become vegetarian since the moment I practice yoga. I can say that it was an easy decision. It is hard to stop to eat meat but when you begin to learn this practice you understand that you should follow all the rules. Only in this way you can know the truth of yoga. One of the many reasons people practice yoga is for what it does on a physical level. Beyond toning the arms and tightening the butt, yoga cleanses the internal organs, keeps the digestive system moving, improves blood flow, strengthens the immune system, and the list goes on. Having a vegetarian diet can add to the many health benefits of a yoga practice. I always learn a lot of useful information about yoga at yogapractice.com where there are many answers to the questions about this practice.
                      Last edited by LeahHodgese; 12-23-2020, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeahHodgese View Post
                        I didn't know that there are so many vegans among us
                        What’s your favorite flavor?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm close. I have a can of Monster Rehab Arnie Palmer every day (it's my version of coffee). I will have an A&W Cream Soda or a Dew here and there. Not much on the sweets, though (as in desserts, cookies, candy, etc). I stick to chicken/pork for the most part these days. Maybe a bit of lamb.

As for most annoying diet? Whatever is fad of the day, because the ones following that particular diet CANNOT WAIT TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT!

I only know one true vegan, and she doesn't give a sh* about what you eat. Her diet is for her, and she will answer any and all questions, but only when asked.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            As for most annoying diet? Whatever is fad of the day, because the ones following that particular diet CANNOT WAIT TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT!
                            The most annoying Diet is the Diet of Worms. Worms don't taste good, unless you are a fish. ;-)

I successfully avoided posting that back in 2017 because I figured that a Protestant should post it, but I am getting weaker now. :-D
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In my opinion, the hardest thing is to be a vegan. My friend is a vegan and we argued about whether I could survive on a vegan diet for two months. In the first days I was fine, but then it got worse. I felt that my body lacked meat and dairy products. I began to worry about my immunity, so I read on Canadian pharmacy about vitamin complexes for vegans. I was able to stay for 2 months but it was very difficult for me
                              Last edited by jjuliajul11; 04-03-2021, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X