2016 Presidential Election: August Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Presidential Election: August Edition

(This is a recurrent poll question as we get closer to the election.)

For whom do you plan to vote?
    Trump (R)
    3.70%
    Stein (G)
    0.00%
    Johnson (L)
    33.33%
    Clinton (D)
    55.56%
    Other (specify in a comment if you wish)
    3.70%
    Will leave blank / not vote
    3.70%

The poll is expired.

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Re: 2016 Presidential Election: August Edition

Clinton, with growing reservations. Keep hoping that one day I'll wake up and find out that Biden is actually the nominee.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
      Clinton, with growing reservations. Keep hoping that one day I'll wake up and find out that Biden is actually the nominee.
      I will agree with that completely.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I find it quite funny people will still cling to the two-party system as if it were the last lifeboat on the Titanic...

Comment

Johnson / Weld.

In reality it really does not matter who I vote for anyway as there is about a zero point zero percentage chance that MA does not go blue.

Never have voted 3rd party but given the options the major parties have presented us this time around I really have no other choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Johnson / Weld.

In reality it really does not matter who I vote for anyway as there is about a zero point zero percentage chance that MA does not go blue.

Never have voted 3rd party but given the options the major parties have presented us this time around I really have no other choice.
            Whatever chance MA has have of not going blue, DC has less.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I find it quite funny people will still cling to the two-party system as if it were the last lifeboat on the Titanic...
              I find it funny that some people are so gullible they will believe conspiracy theories thrown out there by sources that a third grader can tell have no credibility whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Typically, I am 100% on board with 3rd party or write-in protest voting*. Our method of determining winners in elections still discourages this, but until recently I've been able to tolerate the idea of voting for a sure-fire loser and having a lousy winner for a term. If it means having my voice heard, so be it.

But there are three reasons I don't like doing that in this election:

1. I truly do find Donald Trump that repugnant, and therefore am willing to bite the bullet on Hillary. This despite my belief that she's the single worst candidate the Democrats could've offered.
                2. The Electoral College is stupid, and I live in a battleground state that I think might have more Trump voters than the polls let on. Because I don't live in a more decidedly partisan state, there are greater consequences to the lost potential of a protest vote.
                3. The Electoral College is stupid, and I don't want the Republican-majority House to decide the president, if it comes down to it.

* AKA "I dislike both candidates and would rather not support them, so I will vote for anyone else to show that they can't earn my vote by simply being the second worst"... every vote that gets both parties further away from collectively getting 100% of the vote and receiving tacit support for the way they are ruining our government is a good vote in my book.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                X