This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 93: Midseason Excellence

I was looking forward to clearing the driveway tomorrow morning around 6 AM until I found out that the low should be near -15 below zero.........
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      My friends and I learned the uselessness of GPS on our trip to Boston last year.
      Did you end up driving into a lake?
      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
        There are no lakes in Boston, unless you count the pooling of water on Storrow Drive. There's an ocean. And a river.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          <---- is once again cautiously optimistic.
          About a job, the Gophers or a nice present under the tree?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            About a job, the Gophers or a nice present under the tree?
            Job. Do or die week for the 'ole eagle.....I'm anticipating a Norm Peterson like meltdown at the moment of truth.
            With a knick-knack, paddy whack.........

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              Job. Do or die week for the 'ole eagle.....I'm anticipating a Norm Peterson like meltdown at the moment of truth.
              With a knick-knack, paddy whack.........
              Good luck.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No, just took some wrong turns. Lots of fun to try and use GPS in a big city. "turn right " ok...so which of the 2 streets that I can turn right on does it mean? Fun. Oh, and if you hesitate for a milisecond the person behind you is on their horn.

I wasn't the lucky driver, so I just laughed while the front seat passenger tried to interpret the GPS and the driver took whatever turns she thought might be correct.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I used my cellphones GPS maps in San Fran once and it worked well. I did not use turn by turn directions. I just used the maps themselves and navigated on my own.

So the maps themselves are not completely useless. Especially since it still showed my phone as a moving arrow on the map.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    I wasn't the lucky driver, so I just laughed while the front seat passenger tried to interpret the GPS and the driver took whatever turns she thought might be correct.
                    Good job adhering to b*tches in the back .

My navigation aid typically consists of looking at Google Maps for a minute or two before I leave. If it's especially complicated/I need to remember road names, I hand-draw a map on something.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Personally, I'd take any pre-68 Vette over a new one. The new one would blow the doors off anything GM made back then but the old ones I can work on with a screwdriver and a couple of wrenches. The new ones are unreal and old ones will turn heads.
                      Growing up, a Chem E prof at Umaine, lived across the street from me, he help develop the resin used in the first vette bodies. He had a pic of he and Duntov(sp?) lowering the body down on a chassis back in 53 or 54.
                      Zora Duntov
                      I agree with you about the older ones, but I like the early C3s as well, as long as they have the chrome bumpers. I don't like C3s after they ditched the chrome. And I wouldn't say any old one over a ZR1, just the certain old ones that I really like.

I like to be able to work on and mess with my vehicles, which is part of the reason I have the Jeep and why I bought the brand new truck that I can modify the ECM cals.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        but I like the early C3s as well, as long as they have the chrome bumpers. I don't like C3s after they ditched the chrome. And I wouldn't say any old one over a ZR1, just the certain old ones that I really like.

I like to be able to work on and mess with my vehicles, which is part of the reason I have the Jeep and why I bought the brand new truck that I can modify the ECM cals.
                        Anything made after 67, is a late model used car
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Back from a three day ski trip to Breck and Vail. Not much terrain open at either resort and both need feet of snow to help thin coverage in places.

Still the snow that was there was surprisingly decent. It also helped we got five or six inches of fresh snow from mid-Sunday to Monday morning. And it's always good to get on the boards for the first time in ski season. After two runs I felt like I was in mid-season form.

Looking forward to going back soon when more terrain is open and we can ski the bumps.
                          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Saw TSO twice this weekend in two difference cities. Amazing show.

Got to hang out with the cast after both shows, met a few of 'em, Mookie would approve of one of 'em.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                              I was looking forward to clearing the driveway tomorrow morning around 6 AM until I found out that the low should be near -15 below zero.........
                              What? Is the Speedo only good down to zero or something?
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I doubt Ted Kennedy was their driver.

too soon?
                                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X