Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 91: It's Blizzard Season... isn't it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 91: It's Blizzard Season... isn't it?

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    When I was younger, I looked forward to blizzards. Any chance I had to get out of school was a good one! Now, not so much...

As for working today, not as bad as I expected. By the time I went to work at 11 AM, most of the crowd had left Sam's/Wal-Mart, and other than the usual grazers, the store was pretty quiet today.
    I don't mind a blizzard if there's no one else on the road. Too many idiots think they can either do 10 or 70 mph. It is teh suck.

That being said, I don't mind driving in a blizzard. Odd thing is, I don't like being a passenger in a blizzard (no matter how much I trust the driver; ask BPH )
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Off to watch Denver play Saint Cloud. With the Bemidjis having beaten the Miamis it's possible DU could rise to #1 in the polls with a successful weekend against the Huiskies.
      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
        Off to watch Denver play Saint Cloud. With the Bemidjis having beaten the Miamis, DU will rise to #1 in the polls when this successful weekend against the Huiskies happens.
        Fixed.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
          My Walmart was a *ing ZOO this morning. People wouldn't even get out of the way so we could get from the front of the store to the back of the store or vice versa until we told them that we worked there. Idiots.

We also had some crazy Canadian woman come through my register (thankfully it was at the end of my break so I was waiting for the guy covering me to finish ringing her up) who didn't understand that her credit card wasn't going to be charged both the American amount and the Canadian amount. Seriously, it took five minutes to explain this to her. At 6:30 in the morning. If you don't understand the differences in currency or how your credit card company handles international purchases, don't buy outside of your home country.
          Sounds like what I went through in Grand Forks...except worse, because I was in Toys or Electronics.

The most exciting thing we had was a guy wanted to use a rebate he hadn't received yet to buy a TV and was confused why that wouldn't fly. I was way over prepared for today. Everyone wondered how I was so relaxed. Probably because we weren't doing a over a quarter million in sales in the first few hours, like I'm used to.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I just might see if I can get that last drop of vodka out of my bottle tonight.

It's beyond * hockey at this point. If one really wants to know my feelings, I'll post it, but I will warn you: the response I got from 'diva after I told her was: "Good God. That was graphic."

Twitch, bbdl, and Sloe also got that text.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              BPH,

Obviously you have never lived in DC. There is no, "run to the store to buy bread, milk, and toilet tissue" option.
              You forgot the "for a forecast of 1" of snow" part of that.

I'm having fun in Maryland. My nieces are adorable.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

It's beyond * hockey at this point. If one really wants to know my feelings, I'll post it, but I will warn you: the response I got from 'diva after I told her was: "Good God. That was graphic."

we were kinda watching that.... not pretty.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You'd be better served to just buy another bottle. No need to skimp and get a liter after that game either.

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    You'd be better served to just buy another bottle. No need to skimp and get a liter after that game either.
                    Uh, have a fresh bottle tonight. The leftovers from last weekend were killed at the family get-together yesterday (one good thing: turned my brother into a VT-liker).

Comment

So, someone should start a "Fire Blasi" thread...since they're so bad they lost to Bemidji. Because it's not like BSU's a good team or anything.

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I don't mind a blizzard if there's no one else on the road. Too many idiots think they can either do 10 or 70 mph. It is teh suck.

That being said, I don't mind driving in a blizzard. Odd thing is, I don't like being a passenger in a blizzard (no matter how much I trust the driver; ask BPH )
                        I was shocked that no one demanded we stop the car for a smoke break more often. For that matter, I'm still shocked no one demanded we turn the * around and go someplace less far out in BFE. Like Houghton.

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        So, someone should start a "Fire Blasi" thread...since they're so bad they lost to Bemidji. Because it's not like BSU's a good team or anything.
                        This should not be happening.
                        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

I move to open nominations for the 2009-10 Legion of ****.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                            I was shocked that no one demanded we stop the car for a smoke break more often. For that matter, I'm still shocked no one demanded we turn the * around and go someplace less far out in BFE. Like Houghton.

This should not be happening.
                            We told you. We smokers will not ask for a smoke break. We smoke when we can on road trips. Not when we want.

And Houghton is still Houghton. No matter how you spin it.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            I move to open nominations for the 2009-10 Legion of ****.
                            I'm on the edge. Let's just say I'm still on the bandwagon, but am hanging on to the bumper for dear life, while "bungeeing" on the snow-covered streets.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              You forgot the "for a forecast of 1" of snow" part of that.
                              That does qualify as a blizzard here.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                That does qualify as a blizzard here.
                                *ing easterners.

And feel free to tee off on VarsityWisconsin. Moron, and he doesn't even know he's a moron, unlike many idiots on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X