Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Poser of the Year Round 5: Finals

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    No. We're not altering how this works to let in people with 100 posts who happened to be tools around tournament time. This is all about longevity.
    The PoTY regulations are like the Ten Commandments. They. Just. Don't. Change. You don't like it? Create your own election.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I also spread a lot of Rep to Lodge members.
      Yeah...you're quite the humanitarian.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

And I voted for bbdl.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          The PoTY regulations are like the Ten Commandments. They. Just. Don't. Change. You don't like it? Create your own election.
          I agree-although not sure I like the one about not being able to covet my neighbor's wife.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

RalphPa winning brings a dignity and intelligence to PoTY. thats not a good thing is it?
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              The PoTY regulations are like the Ten Commandments. They. Just. Don't. Change.

Hmm....in the political threads, the progressives say that the conservatives are hidebound traditionalists; and the conservatives say that the progressives impose a rigid authoritarian orthodoxy. Maybe it's deeper than that? people just don't like others messing with their stuff?

Your comment about the Ten Commandments somehow reminds me of George Carlin's great, great routine in which he edits them down to two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbyRI3CqnCQ

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-RGN21TSGk

Here is my problem with the ten commandments- why exactly are there 10?

You simply do not need ten. The list of ten commandments was artificially and deliberately inflated to get it up to ten. Here's what happened:

About 5,000 years ago a bunch of religious and political hustlers got together to try to figure out how to control people and keep them in line. They knew people were basically stupid and would believe anything they were told, so they announced that God had given them some commandments, up on a mountain, when no one was around.
              Last edited by FreshFish; 03-29-2013, 09:00 AM.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Agreed.
                maybe.
                maybe not.....
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Hmm....in the political threads, the progressives say that the conservatives are hidebound traditionalists; and the conservatives say that the progressives impose a rigid authoritarian orthodoxy. Maybe it's deeper than that? people just don't like others messing with their stuff?
                  You're really over thinking PotY and the capacity of time and effort people have for putting into this think.

I'll now vote Kodos.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

OK really? Why is anyone voting for Ralph?

Comment

Career award I guess with what the committee is going with would be my guess.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The corruption started years ago. The new school thinks this is an honor. It's not.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Can I refuse this?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

At a time like this I wish I'd made the voting public. That way I'd know which 32 people are idiots.

Comment

At a time like this I wish I'd made the voting public. That way I'd know which 32 people are idiots.

You can call us idiots, some of us might prefer to think of it as a counter-cultural protest movement coming to fruition.

Civility and thoughtfulness and generally being nice lead to someone winning an election originally designed to recognize other qualities. Who'd a thunk it?
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Can I refuse this?
                                You could send that Apache woman Brando used when he refused his Oscar!
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X