Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 90: This Poll Sucks!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 90: This Poll Sucks!!!

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    Please read this post only if you have a sense of humor.

I just got this from a buddy of mine.

Yesterday on Oprah there was a story about a little girl. It was a sad story. She had been abused most of her life. Earlier this week social services intervened and took her out of the abusive environment. Oprah asked the little girl "if there was one place on earth you could pick to live where would it be?" After much thought the teary eyed little girl looked up at Oprah and said "I want to live with the University of MN Gopher hockey team." To Oprah's astonishment she replied with "why the University of MN hockey team" to which the little girl replied "because they can't beat anybody"

The Gophers were definitely in a giving mood on Sunday. They made some great tape to tape passes to set up goals. Unfortunately, it was for the wrong team.
    I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

My Grandpa passed away. My mom was crying when she called to tell me. I wish I could give her a hug (which is exactly what her brother said to her when he called and told her the news).

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

My Grandpa passed away. My mom was crying when she called to tell me. I wish I could give her a hug (which is exactly what her brother said to her when he called and told her the news).

I'm so sorry, wT. *hug*

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          I was all excited to post this link and then noticed they aren't running this weekend (11/21 - 11/22). Next time, eh.

http://www.trolleyride.org/
          Yeah... my bad. Should've told my museum's management not to install the water main until NEXT weekend.

There's a big pit in front of our ready barn where two streetcars are located, the one car available is out of service for brake issues, and our other location is closed for the weekend too. If the g's come down to cityslickerville again though, or if they have a bit of time Saturday morning, I can give them a tour of our backshop and all three cars
          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

*hugs* Condolences to you and yours.

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

Sorry, sweetie.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

My Grandpa passed away.
                So sorry to hear of your loss.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Sorry WT.

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                  Yeah... my bad. Should've told my museum's management not to install the water main until NEXT weekend.

There's a big pit in front of our ready barn where two streetcars are located, the one car available is out of service for brake issues, and our other location is closed for the weekend too. If the g's come down to cityslickerville again though, or if they have a bit of time Saturday morning, I can give them a tour of our backshop and all three cars
                  You run that? I had no idea....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Sorry WT.

You run that? I had no idea....
                    Hah! No, I'm just a lowly volunteer, but our group's small enough that I can pretty quickly track down the leadership.

Comment

*hugs*
                      I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                        Hah! No, I'm just a lowly volunteer, but our group's small enough that I can pretty quickly track down the leadership.
                        Still....very cool. Doesn't San Francisco run an old Twin Cities streetcar they have in their collection during the summer months?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I still miss my grandma (on my dad's side) and it's been almost 7 years now. I was alot closer to her then any of my other grand parents. I would give anything just to spend an hour with her. She was such an awesome person.

Comment

Still....very cool. Doesn't San Francisco run an old Twin Cities streetcar they have in their collection during the summer months?
                            They do - several sisters to one of ours (a 1947 PCC car, art deco style and wicked quick for something of that vintage), and one is painted in Twin City Rapid Transit colors like ours. There's a number of ex-TCRT PCCs floating around, several cities picked them up to make new old-style streetcar lines after their careers in Cleveland and Newark.

Five of the early 1900s TCRT-built standard cars are running too - three with us (one that served in Duluth), one in Maine and another in Wisconsin - as well as a smattering of other builders' cars that served in Minnesota. We're restoring a few more.

Comment

Sorry to hear wT
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Today's hump day is not going well in the world of wT. Yesterday we had a meeting with the boss' boss where were told a bunch of our work is going to China and we will be having layoffs affecting our department between now and Christmas. Of course we weren't told how many. Only that our overhead costs are currently at 50% when they should be around 18% (mostly due to not selling product.......write more checks!).
                                I'll be writing one soon for the Houghton trip...if you don't get laid off, I'll assume it was because of me.

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                                You may need to do the "penny in a jar" method then. I understand it can be an excellent benchmarking tool
                                I'm unfamiliar with the "penny in a jar method"...not that that should surprise anyone.

Sorry, trumpet

*hugs*
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X