Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 87: As All Hallow's Eve Approches.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 87: As All Hallow's Eve Approches.....

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
    Why did I think that Mookie was part of the Twin Cities/Minnesota contingent and not part of the New England part of things?
    Are there that many asians in Minnesotaland?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      Are there that many asians in Minnesotaland?
      Decent size Hmong population in Minneapolis. Albert Lea has a pretty good sized Asian population too I think.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Decent size Hmong population in Minneapolis. Albert Lea has a pretty good sized Asian population too I think.
        it's not quantity, it's quality.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          it's not quantity, it's quality.
          There's some quality too.
          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

IIRC, the Twin Cities is the number one Hmong population in the nation, but am unsure. I know a LOT of the "actors" in "Gran Turino" came from the TC.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              IIRC, the Twin Cities is the number one Hmong population in the nation, but am unsure. I know a LOT of the "actors" in "Gran Turino" came from the TC.
              Yeah, and they have a tendency to shoot hunters.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Yeah, and they have a tendency to shoot hunters.
                Only when drunk. And in WI.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Only when drunk. And in WI.
                  Maybe the guy was *king their deer?

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                    Maybe the guy was *king their deer?
                    I'm pretty sure that the Hmong guy just randomly shot up the hunting party with an automatic rifle.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the Hmong guy just randomly shot up the hunting party with an automatic rifle.
                      Pretty much.

I have to admit, I've learned a lot about the Hmong, since our truck-loader is Hmong. Really cool, though, he'll kid me about being "The Man" and "well, you're WHITE, so of course you can do that" and if he makes a mistake, I'll tell him to "open his eyes next time."

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                        There's some quality too.
                        hey now!!!

my mother in law's sister lives in MN... i always giggle and ask how all these people left SE Asia and moved to northern states like MN and MA

oh, and in 1990 when 'part time' BU president john silber was running for the MA gov job. he was talking about welfare and asked out loud why there were more lao people living in lowell than anyplace in the world outside of Laos!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Pretty much.
                          Yeah, I know, but couldn't resist the urge to make fun of Wisconsin using the same old tired jokes.

Comment

I know this may sound like sacrilege at the GE house, but has he looked at North Dakota? Very good Meteorology program. Also, has reciprocity with MN. Cost me less per year to go to UND then it did to go to Benilde (minus flight costs...which he won't have).
                            He has, in fact he spoke with someone from the department for several minutes at the college fair. UND had outstanding representation there and I was very impressed with them (and it's sure as hell cheaper than STA!), unlike the evil red empire to the east who had a large booth at the college fair staffed completely by morons. I am sure he will apply (and should get in) at UND and would be an outstanding choice if he didn't get into or want to travel as far as PSU or PU.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              hey now!!!

my mother in law's sister lives in MN... i always giggle and ask how all these people left SE Asia and moved to northern states like MN and MA

oh, and in 1990 when 'part time' BU president john silber was running for the MA gov job. he was talking about welfare and asked out loud why there were more lao people living in lowell than anyplace in the world outside of Laos!
                              I've heard enough about the Hmong people and their culture to drive me nuts. I understand that MN guy was a freakazoidic outlier but what a strange culture. The whole "kidnap your bride" deal is skeevy.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                He has, in fact he spoke with someone from the department for several minutes at the college fair. UND had outstanding representation there and I was very impressed with them (and it's sure as hell cheaper than STA!), unlike the evil red empire to the east who had a large booth at the college fair staffed completely by morons. I am sure he will apply (and should get in) at UND and would be an outstanding choice if he didn't get into or want to travel as far as PSU or PU.
                                Don't let him stray.....

He better stay true to MN, unlike MNS. That *er.

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                I've heard enough about the Hmong people and their culture to drive me nuts. I understand that MN guy was a freakazoidic outlier but what a strange culture. The whole "kidnap your bride" deal is skeevy.

For those who've seen "Gran Turino" there is that generational gap. There's the old school, and the newer generation. There is no trend, it's a black-n-white switch in attitudes/keeping of customs/etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X