• GoBlackBears
    replied
    Re: 2011 NASCAR Season: Anyone But The 48

I'm glad to see someone like Bayne win.

Leave a comment:

• bueller
    replied

So, who leads the points since Bayne registered as a Nationwide driver?

Leave a comment:

• bueller
    replied

I thought he was a sitting duck. I'm still not sure what happened to Smoke and Martin.

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

20 year old Trevor Bayne wins the Daytona 500 leading the only important lap, the last one!

Cinderella!

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

Good for Bayne, his car was FAST.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

New surface + new style of drafting = most cautions ever at Daytona. Pretty dumb.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Nice wreck, got both Gordon and Johnson, if Only Kyle would have gotten it
    Yep, stupid drivers (Michael Waltrip) taking out people that weren't engaged in the stupidity. Gotta love NASCAR!

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Nice wreck, got both Gordon and Johnson, if Only Kyle would have gotten it

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

that got outta hand quickly...

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Originally posted by bueller View Post
    If anything, they'll just take the 150 and run it in race trim not caring where they finish since it'll provide the best learning experience on the new surface prior to the 500 and they're locked in.
    If they're smart that's what they'll do. Even if he goes out and runs away with the qualifier he can't better his position for Sunday. Take your lumps and get the car the best it can be for race day. And stay out of trouble this afternoon!

Leave a comment:

• dave29
    replied

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Oh come on...everyone hates a winner

The 48 is a great champion. He says and does the right things. The only reason why people hate him is because he wins.
    Yep. Just like any other sport. If you are a fan of the 48 right now then life is good.

Leave a comment:

• bueller
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    I think this went away with 2nd and 3rd round qualifying at Daytona, but couldn't Jr. withdraw the wrecked racecar and enter the backup? That should put him back of the Twin, but still eligible to start the 500 based on the Twin finish... I know drivers have done that when they couldn't get a car up to speed...

Probably can't do that however since the backup car never saw a practice lap on the track...
    It's possible but not likely that that would happen. I don't think that track position is important enough to screw around with withdrawing a car and entering another one. He's already got the first pit stall selection by virtue of the pole. If anything, they'll just take the 150 and run it in race trim not caring where they finish since it'll provide the best learning experience on the new surface prior to the 500 and they're locked in.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

I think this went away with 2nd and 3rd round qualifying at Daytona, but couldn't Jr. withdraw the wrecked racecar and enter the backup? That should put him back of the Twin, but still eligible to start the 500 based on the Twin finish... I know drivers have done that when they couldn't get a car up to speed...

Probably can't do that however since the backup car never saw a practice lap on the track...

Leave a comment:

• bueller
    replied

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
    Not a good start to the season for Jr. Wrecks in practice today and will have to go to the backup car for Sunday and start in the back of the pack.
    I understand the ruling, but I feel like he's being penalized by being locked in which doesn't seem right.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
    Not a good start to the season for Jr.
    Or maybe it is? He gets all the bad luck out of the way early!

I'd love to see Jr turn his career around and this may be his last chance. He's not his father but I think he can run with the best of 'em. If not him, then I wouldn't mind seeing RCR take another championship.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X