2011 NASCAR Season: Anyone But The 48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 NASCAR Season: Anyone But The 48

Well here we go again. Another season starts on Sunday with the 500. Can anyone beat the 48? Will the crew chief shake up at Hendrick work? When will Jr, Gordon, Burton and Kenseth end their winless streaks? Does Logano make his first chase? Just a few questions to ponder over as we start the season. Have it and no 48 fans allowed in this thread!

Re: 2011 NASCAR Season: Anyone But The 48

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
    Well here we go again. Another season starts on Sunday with the 500. Can anyone beat the 48? Will the crew chief shake up at Hendrick work? When will Jr, Gordon, Burton and Kenseth end their winless streaks? Does Logano make his first chase? Just a few questions to ponder over as we start the season. Have it and no 48 fans allowed in this thread!
    Interesting tidbit that DW shared last week:

The 88 from last year is now the 5; the 24 from last year is now the 88; and the 5 from last year is the 24.

Bottom line: Mark Martin got royally screwed and 88 fans have a reason to be excited. Can't say it's the equipment any more, Jr.
    Gordon will stealthly run with better equipment, too.

Jeff Burton & RCR may not repeat last year's success, but #31 is a good guy, anyway.

Kenseth and the rest of the Roush crew will struggle. #99 and #6 will win occasionally.

#20 will still be a 12-15 place driver. He'll have to win more to go to the Chase.

Go #14 car!

Comment

Not a good start to the season for Jr. Wrecks in practice today and will have to go to the backup car for Sunday and start in the back of the pack.

Comment

Not a good start to the season for Jr. Wrecks in practice today and will have to go to the backup car for Sunday and start in the back of the pack.
        Nascars worst nightmare
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Have it and no 48 fans allowed in this thread!
          Oh come on...everyone hates a winner

The 48 is a great champion. He says and does the right things. The only reason why people hate him is because he wins.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Not a good start to the season for Jr.
            Or maybe it is? He gets all the bad luck out of the way early!

I'd love to see Jr turn his career around and this may be his last chance. He's not his father but I think he can run with the best of 'em. If not him, then I wouldn't mind seeing RCR take another championship.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I understand the ruling, but I feel like he's being penalized by being locked in which doesn't seem right.
              This space for sale.

Comment

I think this went away with 2nd and 3rd round qualifying at Daytona, but couldn't Jr. withdraw the wrecked racecar and enter the backup? That should put him back of the Twin, but still eligible to start the 500 based on the Twin finish... I know drivers have done that when they couldn't get a car up to speed...

Probably can't do that however since the backup car never saw a practice lap on the track...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  I think this went away with 2nd and 3rd round qualifying at Daytona, but couldn't Jr. withdraw the wrecked racecar and enter the backup? That should put him back of the Twin, but still eligible to start the 500 based on the Twin finish... I know drivers have done that when they couldn't get a car up to speed...

Probably can't do that however since the backup car never saw a practice lap on the track...
                  It's possible but not likely that that would happen. I don't think that track position is important enough to screw around with withdrawing a car and entering another one. He's already got the first pit stall selection by virtue of the pole. If anything, they'll just take the 150 and run it in race trim not caring where they finish since it'll provide the best learning experience on the new surface prior to the 500 and they're locked in.
                  This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Oh come on...everyone hates a winner

The 48 is a great champion. He says and does the right things. The only reason why people hate him is because he wins.
                    Yep. Just like any other sport. If you are a fan of the 48 right now then life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                      If anything, they'll just take the 150 and run it in race trim not caring where they finish since it'll provide the best learning experience on the new surface prior to the 500 and they're locked in.
                      If they're smart that's what they'll do. Even if he goes out and runs away with the qualifier he can't better his position for Sunday. Take your lumps and get the car the best it can be for race day. And stay out of trouble this afternoon!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

that got outta hand quickly...
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nice wreck, got both Gordon and Johnson, if Only Kyle would have gotten it
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Nice wreck, got both Gordon and Johnson, if Only Kyle would have gotten it
                            Yep, stupid drivers (Michael Waltrip) taking out people that weren't engaged in the stupidity. Gotta love NASCAR!

the state of hockey is good

Comment

New surface + new style of drafting = most cautions ever at Daytona. Pretty dumb.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                              X