Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

So this is my grand plan. There will be no season threads going, since news and other interests carry into the offseason and into spring training. We'll keep this one until it hits 1000 posts, and then Volume 2 will start, regardless of the date. I do not plan to start over with every season. If Volume 3 starts in late September, then it carries until we get to 1000 posts, then Volume 4 will start, even if it's next July.

Why Lou Whitaker? It should be obvious, especially once you see the Volume 2 title. And yes, I've got this thought out for the forseeable future. At this point I should mention that I got this idea after watching how the Denver fans do their threads on the D-1 side.

Is this a good idea? Will it work? I have no idea.

Pitchers and catchers report around MLB starting tomorrow. I'm not exactly sure when the Tigers start, but it's close enough for me. I can't wait anymore.

All other things surrounding the Tiger threads that we are used to are still going to be here. The Homer Light, Giant Tiger and the Youtube video of the animated Tiger from the 80's are going to make their customary appearances, and I will still rant and rave like an idiot. It's still the Tigers thread, just a different name.

Let's go.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    So this is my grand plan. There will be no season threads going, since news and other interests carry into the offseason and into spring training. We'll keep this one until it hits 1000 posts, and then Volume 2 will start, regardless of the date. I do not plan to start over with every season. If Volume 3 starts in late September, then it carries until we get to 1000 posts, then Volume 4 will start, even if it's next July.

Why Lou Whitaker? It should be obvious, especially once you see the Volume 2 title. And yes, I've got this thought out for the forseeable future. At this point I should mention that I got this idea after watching how the Denver fans do their threads on the D-1 side.

Is this a good idea? Will it work? I have no idea.

Pitchers and catchers report around MLB starting tomorrow. I'm not exactly sure when the Tigers start, but it's close enough for me. I can't wait anymore.

All other things surrounding the Tiger threads that we are used to are still going to be here. The Homer Light, Giant Tiger and the Youtube video of the animated Tiger from the 80's are going to make their customary appearances, and I will still rant and rave like an idiot. It's still the Tigers thread, just a different name.

Let's go.
    So Vol III will be Alan Trammell, right?

Quick and dirty: The Tigers finish 87-75, 2 games behind the Twins. This will be like 1967- so close, yet so far away.
    This is as optimistic as I can get considering the question marks we still have.

Comment

I'm not quite as optimistic. I think we'll be in the 80's, but one bump in the rotation and I think we're in trouble.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'll add to the post count for this thread, and get the little mark that I posted here.

That, and I keep telling people that winter is ending, since pitchers and catchers are reporting.

Comment

Well, it's supposed to be 50 here on Thursday, so spring is (hopefully) closer than we think.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, it's supposed to be 50 here on Thursday, so spring is (hopefully) closer than we think.
            Yea, but it's also supposed to snow tomorrow....

Comment

I'm not quite as optimistic. I think we'll be in the 80's, but one bump in the rotation and I think we're in trouble.
              If they can't win six more games over last season, then we should quit talking about them, then. I think they improved their lineup and got rid of some dead weight. Now it is time for the guys who are suppose to lead this team to do it this season and for some other guys to step up.

Comment

The season comes down to the same thing is always comes down to. How do you do against your division?

Whoever wins the Head-To-Head (between Det, Min, ChW) is going to most likely win the divison.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I've been hitting the Kool-Aid a bit hard lately, so I'll go with a 90 win season and winning the Central. The hitting should be much improved, and the pitching should still be good. Valverde probably won't repeat the season he had before the injury, but I still think they'll be able to hold the pen together.
                  Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Heard on the radio this morning that Joel Zumaya, who's sporting a full beard, looks good.
                    A witness claimed his arm is attached to it's socket. That's promising !

Comment

I'll go with 87 wins, Tigers lead the division until Justin Morneau decides he's tired of playing baseball for the season, at which point the Twins go on to win the division by 5 games.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                        Heard on the radio this morning that Joel Zumaya, who's sporting a full beard, looks good.
                        A witness claimed his arm is attached to it's socket. That's promising !
                        For the time being, I'm calling that progress.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, this is not how I would have chosen the season to start

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=6131020
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Well, this is not how I would have chosen the season to start

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=6131020
                            I was feeling good right up until I saw this. Without knowing anything else about how this plays out, there goes about 5 wins.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              I was feeling good right up until I saw this. Without knowing anything else about how this plays out, there goes about 5 wins.
                              5-15 wins.

No wonder Florida peddled him cheap, they all knew.

Clearly this will change things when his contract comes up.

Comment

Working...
                              X