This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

I'm glad I didn't feel well last night. That was a screwed up game from the 2nd inning forward. One of those nights.

We get Ubaldo tonight. Why do I get the feeling we're going to get this one?
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Last night we went 12 innings without pushing across 1 run. I don't care of Sandy Koufax is pitching, being relieved by Whitey Ford. That's pitiful, and that's where the blame should lie. Yeah, it's not good to give up the game-winner on a HBP, but if that's all the better we're going to hit, it really doesn't matter how the 'pen gives it up.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Goddammit.

All right. Pass the ketchup.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hey, Rick, the day after the bullpen pulls 12 innings is not the time to put on a dunce cap.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

And if Fat Cabby would have been thrown out there at 2nd, Jimmy should yank him on the spot.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Verlander is on the hill tonight for the Tigers. Lets hope he gets some run support tonight so its not all on his arm.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

4-3 final

3 game lead.

Justin Verlander: 100 career wins.

God, that was fun...

Comment

117 games in the books. 3 games up, 13-12 since the break, broke a 13 game losing streak at Progressive, 3-3 on the road trip. 6-3 won't happen, Camden Yards has been a house of horrors, also. 2 of 3 would be nice, at a minimum I think against a bad baseball team. I have no confidence in Penny, but he's fresh so we'll see. 41 games left on the schedule (plus any makeups)- making it 45 games left-with two big road trips later on. After the next 6 game homestand the Tigers go to Tampa for 4 in what would be their last series against an A.L. contender outside of their own division. Then on to Minn for a 3 gamer. The second big road trip will be in September, a 9 gamer at Chi (3) at Oak (4) and at KC (2). That precedes the 7 game finale at home against Balt (4) and Cleveland (3). Those two trips also finish up any games outside of the division.

I can't say that the Tigers are in better shape than the season they blew a 7 game lead with 21 games to go and lost the playoff game in Minn. BUT, I think they have more offensive punch than that team, and the top half of their rotation has been decent and their bullpen has been good for the most part lately. Finishing on a .500 pace will only get them to 84 wins- so put your seatbelts on- they will have to make a run to secure this thing and have the schedule to do it.
                  Last edited by streaker; 08-12-2011, 07:03 AM.

Comment

No Alburquerque tonight. He got conked on the head during BP and was carted off. Apparently he was hunched over, and a ball beaned him on a bounce.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And Peralta goes GIDP with the bases loaded to kill a rally. Dammit. Those things kill us.

God, that was fun...

Comment

4 LOB in the first two innings, especially with Brad Penny on the mound, is NOT my idea of how to win games.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                          BETEMIT!!!

4-2 Tigers, top 4

God, that was fun...

Comment

Gotta tip your hat to Markakis there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

5-4 this time.

Valverde made it more interesting than he needed to, but I'm not interested in asking too many questions at this point.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Al Alburquerque on the 7-day Disabled List (there's a 7-day DL?) with a concussion. Ryan Perry back up from Toledo.

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Justin Verlander: 100 career wins.
                                That's 100 wins in 191 total games. He is only the 13th player ever to win 100 in 191 games or less. Four of the other 12 are in the hall of fame, 1 or 2 more will be, and another 1 or 2 would have been solid candidates if they hadn't completely ****ed up their lives.

Johnny Allen, Roger Clemens, Bob Feller, Dwight Gooden, Juan Marichal, Denny McLain, Mark Mulder, Mike Mussina, Roy Oswalt, Vic Raschi, Tom Seaver, Dazzy Vance, Justin Verlander.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Working...
                                X