X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

DD and Iron Lung gets extensions.

I don't mind either. Dombrowski is likely better than anything they could find to replace him with, and Leyland likely comes along with the package.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
      DD and Iron Lung gets extensions.

I don't mind either. Dombrowski is likely better than anything they could find to replace him with, and Leyland likely comes along with the package.
      We are missing the Hammer meltdown post.

DD isn't part of a Leyland package, IMO- or Leyland would have gotten a multi year deal.

I am not a big Leyland advocate- I think there is talent out there that can manage today's game better and get more out of his players. DD has to decide after next year who that may be and act on it or this franchise will be stuck in the same gear. Leyland hasn't proven a thing past 2006 (and choked away the division title then too.) I do think he is hamstrung by the limited personnel he has or will have (Guillen, Ordonez, Raburn and Inge will all be memories after this season maybe) and the talent pool he has in the minors. If DD doesn't make a splash in FA or trades in the off season, look for more slightly above .500 ball from this franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        We are missing the Hammer meltdown post.

DD isn't part of a Leyland package, IMO- or Leyland would have gotten a multi year deal.

I am not a big Leyland advocate- I think there is talent out there that can manage today's game better and get more out of his players. DD has to decide after next year who that may be and act on it or this franchise will be stuck in the same gear. Leyland hasn't proven a thing past 2006 (and choked away the division title then too.) I do think he is hamstrung by the limited personnel he has or will have (Guillen, Ordonez, Raburn and Inge will all be memories after this season maybe) and the talent pool he has in the minors. If DD doesn't make a splash in FA or trades in the off season, look for more slightly above .500 ball from this franchise.
        I think Leyland is probably done after next season - as in retirement.

I agree that some of Leyland's moves make me scream (like keeping the order the same when giving a normal starter a day off), but they do play well, and fundamentally are sound for what players we have. I'm sure there's some managers out there that would be better, but like Dombrowski, I'm happy with the devil I know.

Now, of course, if the Tigers **** the bed against Cleveland, then the extensions would be terrible.
        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

If it were more than a 1 year deal for Marlboro Jimmy, I'd have a real problem. But this isn't too bad. They had to extend Dombrowski. His work has warranted it, even given the issues that he has failed to resolve the past two seasons.

Bronco pretty much sums up my feelings. I think Jimmy is done after next season.

Rain delay in Cleveland. They showed a shot of the video board during the delay, and they're showing the Bugs Bunny cartoon where they show the conga line around the bases. Nice.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            If it were more than a 1 year deal for Marlboro Jimmy, I'd have a real problem. But this isn't too bad. They had to extend Dombrowski. His work has warranted it, even given the issues that he has failed to resolve the past two seasons.

Bronco pretty much sums up my feelings. I think Jimmy is done after next season.

Rain delay in Cleveland. They showed a shot of the video board during the delay, and they're showing the Bugs Bunny cartoon where they show the conga line around the bases. Nice.
            Gotta love the classics!
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Fister Roboto vs. Masterton becomes Below vs. Durbin. Probably not a terrible for the Tigers.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

It would be nice if we didn't leave our bats in the clubhouse.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It would have been nice if Santiago had left his bat in the clubhouse.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Apparently we're not potty-trained either. We've whizzed in our shorts nearly every time we've had opportunities.

Someone from the Tribe is about to get tossed. They do not like his low strike zone.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Anyone remember those Snickers "Not going anywhere for a while?" commercials?

Comment

The girl dancing behind home plate is starting to urk me. Maybe it's just past my bedtime.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          The girl dancing behind home plate is starting to urk me. Maybe it's just past my bedtime.
                          Aaaaaaaaaaaand she's a trending topic on Twitter(only in Detroit, apparently, but still). Is there some sort of Chinese word that means both annoying and hilarious? Because that's her.
                          Last edited by MaizeRage; 08-09-2011, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Unbelievable. Guillen gets an inning-ending double play ball hit right at him and can't make the play, and then Pauley plunks home the winning run.

Comment

Ugh. That was...screw it, too tired.

Comment

After all that drama, it came down to a walk, a single (Guillen isn't exactly Lou Whitaker), an intentional walk and plunking a guy that so far had proved he couldn't hit the ball? This was like losing two games. Let's hope the Tigers don't play like their tripping over their own schwartz today. Kudos to the bullpen, except the last act.

I also found the girlbehindtheplate annoying, but not as much as the field mike picking up the guy heckling the Tiger sitting in the on-deck circle, or the guy with the OSU shirt on behind the dugout.

Comment

Working...
                                X