This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Did Rod just call Valverde the Baked Potato? Or was that a figment of my imagination?
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The weather might bite us in the 'cheeks yet.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

6-5 final.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
          AVILA!!!

4-3, bottom 6

Let's see if Fister knows what to do with run support.

God, that was fun...

Comment

AVILA!!!

That's why I hated the idea of taking the bat out of Avila's hand to give Wilson Betemit an RBI opportunity. 4-3 Tigers. Fister Roboto seems okay so far.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Let's see how long it takes Benoit to do his 3 Wise Men imitation tonight.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Raburn hit a bomb in the bottom of the 8th, and thank God he did, or Valverde would have just blown his first save.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

5-4 this time

God, that was fun...

Comment

I got a special one to put up here tonight.

DONTRELLE WILLIS!!!

Dude hit a bomb to right field tonight. And here's the kicker: he didn't go out to start the next inning. They left him in to hit, knowing he was done pitching. The hell with the mound. Send him out to play right field. Sorry, I always liked the guy.

Oh, and Hawk Harrelson is doing his "ARRGHGHGH! A WHITE SOX HITTER HIT A BOMB!!! WE'RE ONLY DOWN BY 7 RUNS!! THAT WAS THE GREATEST HOMERUN EVAAR!! SLURP, SLURP, GURGLE, GURGLE!!!!" act. Someone needs to remove his vocal chords without the use of anesthetic.
                    Last edited by Hammer; 08-03-2011, 09:10 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      I got a special one to put up here tonight.

DONTRELLE WILLIS!!!

Dude hit a bomb to right field tonight. And here's the kicker: he didn't go out to start the next inning. They left him in to hit, knowing he was done pitching. The hell with the mound. Send him out to play right field. Sorry, I always liked the guy.

Oh, and Hawk Harrelson is doing his "ARRGHGHGH! A WHITE SOX HITTER HIT A BOMB!!! WE'RE ONLY DOWN BY 7 RUNS!! THAT WAS THE GREATEST HOMERUN EVAAR!! SLURP, SLURP, GURGLE, GURGLE!!!!" act. Someone needs to remove his vocal chords without the use of anesthetic.
                      another gem post.

In other news, Leyland looked completely content throwing in the towel yesterday against Texas. An AAA lineup against an all star pitcher, Brad freaking softball throwin Penny. Predictable result.... which is why this team will struggle to climb 10 games over .500 when they should run away with the division. Why the hell not pull up Porcello in the rotation? Why rest Peralta after he just sat him two games ago? I guess he was just happy beating Texas 6 times this season instead of going for the jugular.

Oh well... now the nine game road trip- 3 in KC, 3 in Cleveland, 3 in Baltimore. If they come home 6-3 I'll be thrilled, with the Twins and Indians coming into town for three games each. Time to make hay if they really want to win this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        Oh well... now the nine game road trip- 3 in KC, 3 in Cleveland, 3 in Baltimore. If they come home 6-3 I'll be thrilled, with the Twins and Indians coming into town for three games each. Time to make hay if they really want to win this thing.
                        I was listening to TKA on the way home for some strange reason, and one of the magpies on there said they have to go 6-3 to open up this division. I tend to agree, although 5-4 would probably get us there, provided that 2 of those come from Cleveland. Frankly, there's no reason we shouldn't go 6-3 on this trip. Baltimore is sliding again and KC is not that good. We can't get swept in Cleveland, regardless of what happens the other two series. I think Brad Penny is only pitching once on this trip, since he "pitched" yesterday.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Back to back triples to open the game. I don't think I've seen that before. What do you want to bet they strand Boesch at 3rd?
                          Last edited by Hammer; 08-05-2011, 07:19 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, Magglio got him in, but we did less than nothing after that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

AVILA!!!

3-0, top 5

Ye gods and little fishes. That ball was launched.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                AVILA!!!

3-0, top 5

Ye gods and little fishes. That ball was launched.
                                **** near landed in Missouri.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X