Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

[CENTER]*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******

Casper Wells leads off the game with a homer. 1-0 Tigers.

Also, I know the Dodgers are broke, but making them wear a giant 'B' on the caps to signify it seems a bit extreme.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

So, we give Porcello 6 runs, against a lineup with a pitcher at the bottom, and he can't get through 5. That is pitiful. Nate Robertson-esque.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
        KELLY!!!

7-5, top 8

God, that was fun...

Comment

All right, Valverde, this is getting a bit ridiculous.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

7-5 final, as Jackson runs one down deep in center to end it. JFC in a chicken basket.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'll try to be fair about this.... but I am really questioning Leyland's flippant responses to the press regarding the lineup he is fielding. Yes, I know Inge is still out... but resting Magglio, Avila, Jackson and Cabrera...? Really? Don't fans deserve more than a lineup with Wells leading off, Raburn batting second, Kelly, Wilk, Worth, Santiago etc. when they are battling for the division lead? What was that... more like a AAA split squad during spring training. If the Tigers flounder around much longer (the starting pitching sans JV has been terrible lately) and waste a chance to string some wins together during this ten game home stand coming up, then I say that Ilitch takes Leyland's dare and "find someone better". I don't know if this is a case of Leyland just trying to plug holes in the dyke, or whether he has truly lost it. Dombrowski should be feeling the heat, too. The decisions on Polanco, Sizemore, Guillen, Ordonez and Inge are well documented and Leyland's reaction to the lineup questioning was typical of manager that is trying to hide.

Comment

Fox Sports picked Gibby as the "half time" NL Manager of the Year. It gave me a great idea.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Well, you can thank you-know-who for this 3-run (and counting) D-Back inning. We would have been out of it, scoreless, by now if Raburn turns the double play. Instead he lets it roll up his arm. Get this piece of **** off the team.

Lou Whitaker is 54 years old (!!) and he's a better option at 2B right now. Charlie Gehringer would be 108 and he'd be a better fit at the plate.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 06-24-2011, 07:19 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

They better give Sparky a statue on Sunday.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                      WELLS!!!

6-3, bottom 4

God, that was fun...

Comment

Nice piece of lipreading if you were watching Coke a minute ago. He's gone, due partly to the worst everyday player in the American League in the 4th, and partly because after 2 outs he decided to walk the ballpark one inning later. This would be a 6-2 game if numbnuts at 2B could turn a 4-6-3.

2nd straight game where we give a pitcher 6 runs and he can't get through 5. And here comes Ryan Perry. Uh-oh...
                        Last edited by Hammer; 06-24-2011, 07:40 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And Perry promptly throws the 3rd pitch almost into the dugout. 6-6. A 55-footer that hurt his catcher, and might have nuked the DH for the night.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Shamelessly stolen from BYB.

*****http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5230/5806326261_4ab96b2fc1_b.jpg******
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              I'll try to be fair about this.... but I am really questioning Leyland's flippant responses to the press regarding the lineup he is fielding. Yes, I know Inge is still out... but resting Magglio, Avila, Jackson and Cabrera...? Really? Don't fans deserve more than a lineup with Wells leading off, Raburn batting second, Kelly, Wilk, Worth, Santiago etc. when they are battling for the division lead? What was that... more like a AAA split squad during spring training. If the Tigers flounder around much longer (the starting pitching sans JV has been terrible lately) and waste a chance to string some wins together during this ten game home stand coming up, then I say that Ilitch takes Leyland's dare and "find someone better". I don't know if this is a case of Leyland just trying to plug holes in the dyke, or whether he has truly lost it. Dombrowski should be feeling the heat, too. The decisions on Polanco, Sizemore, Guillen, Ordonez and Inge are well documented and Leyland's reaction to the lineup questioning was typical of manager that is trying to hide.
                              Fair criticism at this point in the season.

I would replace Jim Leyland after this season, short of a playoff spot. I would fire Lloyd McClendon immediately and re-hire Larry Herndon. He was the last decent hitting coach we've had, and he's working somewhere in the organization again. Anyone who can get Bobby Higginson to give decent production has to be good.

Some of the personnel moves lately have been head-scratchers. No way in hell would I have given Raburn a multi-year deal after 3 months of a decent season, with no fixed position. I supported giving Magglio one year, and I'll take all heat for that. I do think he made a mistake in not upgrading either SS or 3B. Beltre, while expensive, would have fit our needs nearly perfectly. Brandon Inge is a white Craig Monroe.

I don't know if the Polanco decision was Ilitch or Dombrowski. It was a colossal mistake, regardless. As for Scott Sizemore, I lay that one squarely at McClendon. He was smoking the ball in Toledo, and then I read how immediately upon arrival in Detroit, his swing started getting longer and longer. Ummm, what was Lloyd doing while this was going on, other than eating hot dogs? Apparently not much. Find me two hitters that Lloyd has made better since he's walked in the door. The quicker he's ****canned, the better this organization is.

Regarding Guillen. That was done a few years ago, when Guillen was still a very productive hitter, and the Tigers still had not produced anything in the way of position talent. They kind of had to do that. That one is done after this year, along with Ordonez as well. We can wait those two out.
                              Last edited by Hammer; 06-24-2011, 07:56 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good lord, Bloomquist. That piece of baserunning was Raburn-esque.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X