X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    You ain't gonna believe this, but.............

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
    RABURN!!!

GRAND SLAM!!!

6-2, top 4
    and to think I was out of town... no .25 coneys for me!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      At least you won't lose any ground on Cleveland. Regardless of how badly the umps wanted otherwise.
      Heh. 1.5 games out now. Cleveland has lost, what, 7 straight? All this with Inge out and the Mudhens in the lineup.

Comment

Is Inge out of the lineup really that much of a blow?
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Some may call it an improvement.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            It depends. The first two Sox runs on Sunday were the result of plays that I think Inge would have made and Worth didn't. Worth made a couple nice plays in the field later in the game though. It's probably a wash at the plate though.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Are you remembering that he doesn't have knees anymore when you're factoring his fielding in?
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Inge is an above average-to-very good fielder. That does not do enough to offset the fact that he is an absolute train wreck with a bat in his hands.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

He was. Every advanced stat has him around average now. Throw in his bat, and he's negative overall.

Comment

8 R, 20 H, 0 E. I like it.
                    ...and staying within 1.5
                    Last edited by geezer; 06-07-2011, 10:21 PM.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

8-1 final.

21 runs the past 2 nights. We could have used a few of these earlier. That series in Cleveland comes to mind.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Usually it's at Comerica, but something about playing Texas brings out the best in the Tigers' bats.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Inge is an above average-to-very good fielder. That does not do enough to offset the fact that he is an absolute train wreck with a bat in his hands.
                          You could leave Inge out of the statement and Tiger fans of old would think of guys like Don Wert and Aurelio Rodriguez.

Oh- and these are quality wins over Texas. Decent pitching and timely hitting (even for .200 Raburn last night) can beat anybody, but Texas can be downright scary, even if their pitching seems to be somewhat average these days.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            You could leave Inge out of the statement and Tiger fans of old would think of guys like Don Wert and Aurelio Rodriguez.
                            Don't forget Ed Brinkman:
                            http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...rinked01.shtml

Finished 9th in the 1972 AL MVP voting, despite hitting .203 (!)

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Oh- and these are quality wins over Texas. Decent pitching and timely hitting (even for .200 Raburn last night) can beat anybody, but Texas can be downright scary, even if their pitching seems to be somewhat average these days.
                              huge wins. HUGE. I'm getting fired up to play Cleveland with a division lead at stake.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

How we got to the World Series in 1968 with Don Wert hitting .200 and Ray Oyler hitting .135 borderlines on beyond belief. And that was the left side of our infield more often than not. Oyler actually went 0-for-August, and SLUGGED .186 for the season.
                                Last edited by Hammer; 06-08-2011, 05:09 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X