Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Sweet Jesus, that was an awful call.
    Originally posted by Jon
    You call everything.

Comment

Yep.

Even if the first guy sticking his hand out didn't touch the ball (and I don't think he did), the ball hit a guy right at the corner there, and then hit his kid in the neck. 99% of the time they award the customary two bases and be done with it.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It probably was an awful call, but if it's that much of a given that Peralta wouldn't have scored, then Young should have just made the play and taken away any discussion rather than waddling his fat *** over there and throwing his hands up in the air. That's the risk you take when you leave it up to the umps.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Rule 3.16 Comment: There is a difference between a ball which has been thrown or batted into the stands, touching a spectator thereby being out of play even though it rebounds onto the field and a spectator going onto the field or reaching over, under or through a barrier and touching a ball in play or touching or otherwise interfering with a player. In the latter case it is clearly intentional and shall be dealt with as intentional interference as in Rule 3.15. Batter and runners shall be placed where in the umpire’s judgment they would have been had the interference not occurred.

I think this is their alibi.
          Originally posted by Jon
          You call everything.

Comment

Rule 6.09(e) - A fair ball, after touching the ground, bounds into the stands, or passes through,
            over or under a fence, or through or under a scoreboard, or through or under
            shrubbery, or vines on the fence, in which case the batter and the runners shall be
            entitled to advance two bases;

If you saw the split screen, you would have seen Parralta pass 2nd base PRIOR to the ball going into the stands. Therefore he gets 2 bases, Third and Home.
            No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ryan Raburn: Useless both in the field and in the batter's box. At least Gump Laird had some kind of idea what to do with that piece of leather on his hand.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Does Jackson hitting into a doule play constitute an improvement to just striking out??
                No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                  If you saw the split screen, you would have seen Parralta pass 2nd base PRIOR to the ball going into the stands. Therefore he gets 2 bases, Third and Home.
                  That is what happens with nearly every ground rule double hit into one of the gaps, but alas that guy is still at third.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

I think Scherzer might be hurt. I've seen the look on his face after the last two pitches, and I don't like it one bit.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I didn't realize Raburn was also playing short for the Twins. That was about 3 kinds of stupid there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Miggy, please don't do that. You're not nearly the baserunner that you are a hitter.

EDIT: See, big boy? You cost us a run there.
                        Last edited by Hammer; 05-31-2011, 07:39 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, have fun. I'm going to go drink now.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Well, we've got a manager that got the bright idea to bat Raburn and Inge back-to-back in the order. We're far from being in the clear.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Thank God I didn't see that bomb, or I would have erupted one way or another.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Don't worry, this is the 2011 Twins. Tigers are still going to win the game.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X