X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    You know, if he was a horse, he most likely would be retired and put out to stud by now.
    ....it's more likely that he would have been put down.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
      ....it's more likely that he would have been put down.
      His problem isn't in his legs or feet. The reason why they put Barbaro down wasn't because of his shattered leg, it was because he kept having problems with his other feet that he was putting his weight on.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

You know, if he was a horse, he most likely would be retired and put out to stud by now.
        If he was a horse they would have shot him on the mound last year after his elbow exploded.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          If he was a horse they would have shot him on the mound last year after his elbow exploded.
          No, they would have still tried to save him if he was a horse. You forget about the money they can make in breeding fees. Hell, thats where a lot of people in horse racing really make their long greens at. Of course, if he was a like a horse, we would be seeing a lot more pitchers in the future who have rocket arms, but are prone to injuries just like Zumaya's.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

If we're shooting Zumaya then I'd hate to see what would have become of Laird.
            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
              If we're shooting Zumaya then I'd hate to see what would have become of Laird.
              Both cases would be considered mercy killings.

Comment

No, they would have still tried to save him if he was a horse. You forget about the money they can make in breeding fees. Hell, thats where a lot of people in horse racing really make their long greens at. Of course, if he was a like a horse, we would be seeing a lot more pitchers in the future who have rocket arms, but are prone to injuries just like Zumaya's.
                Strasburg...that guy over on the Reds who throws 105...they're starting already.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Yankees - 3 runs on 10 hits
                  Tigers - 6 runs on 4 hits.
                  I don't mind some sloppy fielding giving us a lift right now.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I think you all ought to give ordonez a break. He is always bad early when it's cold and then he hits 350 the rest of the year.
                    Personally I love albuquerque. That slider is awesome! IMHO the bull pen is much better than last year and starting pitching is too so don't give up yet.
                    Oh,and beating the yankees is really gratifying.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I think you all ought to give ordonez a break.
                      He's getting millions- and until this series wasn't batting his weight and hadn't hit any HR's. He led the team in grounding into dp's. He was a the equivalent of Laird without the ability to run or throw. He was struggling to hit the ball out of the infield. We'll see how warm weather does for him- but my guess is that he's finished except for an occasional spurt.

Comment

It's the 6th of May, and up until a couple days ago, Magglio was hitting .151 with 1 RBI. We've got every right in the world to be unhappy.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I understand running on contact with 2 outs, and being aggressive on the basepaths and all that. For the most part I'm all for it. But good grief, even with an off-target throw there, Boesch was still out by 30 feet.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Nice snag by Inge, but he short-dicks the throw to Cabby. That's gonna cost us a run, I bet.

EDIT: Nope, Coker strikes him out to get out of the 2nd. We still can't give them 4 outs an inning, especially on a throw like that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And then Inge K's to open the 3rd. Hitting under .200 for the season with 5 errors already.

Tell me again why we didn't............never mind. That horse is dead already.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                And then Inge K's to open the 3rd. Hitting under .200 for the season with 5 errors already.

Tell me again why we didn't............never mind. That horse is dead already.
                                No wonder why there is talk (pleading...begging..) for the Tigers to go after David Wright.

Comment

Working...
                                X