Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Leave it to Twitch to find a video of a cartoon cat attached to a Pop Tart.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Leave it to Twitch to find a video of a cartoon cat attached to a Pop Tart.
      Need the Monte Python Giant Foot to squash it, too.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Austin Jackson isnt in Toledo by the end of the week.

And Verlander's over 120 pitches in the 6th inning with 1 out.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
          AVILA - 2!

3-3, bottom 7

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sure, we just gunned down Granderson at 2nd, but Valverde is off a notch tonight, so this is going to get bumpy yet.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yep. Valverde's hurt again. He's missing the same way he was the 2nd half of last year.

EDIT: He's not going to make it out of this inning.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Okay, let's see how many runs Valverde is going to give up before MJ comes and gets him. He might throw 40 pitches this inning.

God, that was fun...

Comment

7 straight losses. Tough way to lose this one. Verlander throws about 166 pitches in 6 innings, and then Valverde blows it in the 9th, and I'm convinced he's hurt again.

Ugh.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Seven in a row and we're going against CC tomorrow. Shoot me now.
                    Originally posted by Jon
                    You call everything.

Comment

They're going to have to make at least two moves this week. Martinez comes off the DL, and we're going to have to do something with Austin Jackson, defense or no defense. We can't have a CF hitting .188 on the 2nd of May.

And we're going to have to have that conversation about Magglio. You know which one I'm talking about. He's down to .151 with absolutely no production whatsoever this season.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sizemore (hitting .400-plus at Toledo) has already been called up, according to Bless You Boys.
                        Originally posted by Jon
                        You call everything.

Comment

Apparently Scott Sizemore was taken out of the Mud Hens' lineup prior to tonight's game................

EDIT: Beat me to it.

This is double-edged. Yeah, he's earned this promotion, but he's quickly approaching gun-to-his-head time in his Tiger career. If he comes up and hits .220 again, that's going to speak volumes about where he's headed.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Rhymes to Toledo for the other half of that move.

I'm fishing for the moment. Humor me. God knows I need it after watching this team. I wonder....... since they've moved Ryan Strieby back to 1B in Toledo, and he continues to hit, and Brandon Inge continues to hit a resounding .210 (he's at .207 right now), any chance Cabrera moves to 3B to make room for Strieby? Or would they consider playing Strieby at 3rd? They're both about the same size. And just how far buried would we have to be for the Tigers to consider such a move?

I do think we're going to see Andy Dirks in Detroit by the end of the week in place of Jackson.

By my count, we've got the 5th worst record in baseball right now, and we're only 2 games ahead of the Twins for the worst.
                            Last edited by Hammer; 05-02-2011, 10:42 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't think that Cabrera would move back to 3B. Too much chance of injury for him playing there. If Miguel is gone then the season is done - as opposed to already close to done now...

Jackson, Inge, and Magglio should all be on the hot seat. Hopefully Jackson has a quick fix in Toledo. Magglio's hurt still. Sit him until he's healthy, since he isn't doing jack right now. Inge is what he's always been. Above average defense, and a below average bat. That's not going to change. I'd ditch Inge, but there isn't anything to replace him.

So...Martinez replaces Maggs, Clete Thomas replaces Jackson? Inge remains Inge.

So my lineup would be...

Thomas
                              Sizemore
                              Boesch
                              Cabrera
                              Martinez
                              Avila - surpisingly good, btw.
                              Peralta
                              Raburn
                              Inge
                              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Eight games out in the first week of May.

I say this in all seriocity: will Leyland resign by August (as I predicted) or will he be fired at the end of the season?
                                Don't count Jackson out yet. They fixed Granderson in Toledo. Even more when the Yanks got a hold of him. He's the least of the problems. How's that trade looking now?

Other than that, the lineup holes are as we all feared: 2b, SS, 3B. Boesch is teetering even with a .300 average and no power in RF; Magglio is done IMO, Raburn is an auto E-7 in LF. The pitching is gah! which is a surprise considering the quality potential, at least the starters. Benoit and Papa Grandbelly are crashing. Getting Martinez back may help, and Avila appears to be in a nice stretch. It's enough to make Cabrera hit the bottle again.

So, besides those things, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Comment

Working...
                                X