Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Don't forget the part where Cleveland and Kansas City win 65% of their games vs. Detroit.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

This might be fun.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Hammer's going to be all over this one !

Gerald Laird, home runs with Cardinals: 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          a worthless chickenshit. Like Hammer said, it'll come out. Why say crap like that without owning it?
          I'm 99% sure that Jim Leyland agrees with my word choice:
          “To me that’s a gutless (jerk) that doesn’t put his name to it,” Leyland said. “If somebody would have said, ‘Hey, this is Jim Leyland and this is what I say, he should do this or this, then that’s fine.
          “But when you (another expletive) hide behind somebody else’s expense, that’s chicken (expletive) to me. But you guys know your business more than me. Maybe that’s ethical, I don’t really know. But I’d be (extremely irritated) if I was Cabrera.”
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by northernlite View Post
            hammer's going to be all over this one !

Gerald laird, home runs with cardinals: 4.5
            Under!!!!!
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Somehow I think Marlboro Jimmy likes that word even more than I do.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I think it's going to take more than 90 wins to take the wildcard. In 2006 the Tigers got the wildcard with 95 wins. I've got to believe that both New York and Boston are over 90 wins. Baltimore is still going to be bad, Buck Showalter or otherwise, Toronto certainly isn't going to contend (and Bautista sure as hell isn't hitting another 54 bombs), and Tampa lost quite a chunk this offseason, including their set-up man and closer, the closer going to the Yankees. The AL East is seriously top-heavy.
                I'm giving the Orioles much more than you are I think. They did finish last season on a tear, and I think the can continue a path to about .500. The Yanks and Sox split their season, and the Sox have a mildly tougher interleague schedule. I'm also calling on the NL to finally not **** the bed against the AL in interleague play. The Jays will be their typical almost .500. It is a stretch to get the AL Wildcard at 89 games, but I'll hop on that limb and take the tumble if necessary.
                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

I'm not sold on Baltimore's pitching, which, given the lineups in the top half of the AL East, is a disaster waiting to happen.

Okay. Tomorrow is Opening Day already. Time to get our toys out. Now, due to the calendar and what I do for a living, posting may be very limited for me the next three weeks, and even after that, during the day in general. So, I leave to you guys to use in the event I am away from the board:

The Hammer Homer Light:
                  *****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                  CABRERA!

Giant Tiger:
                  funny pictures
                  moar funny pictures

and.........a new edition for this season:

TIGER SWEEP:
                  Last edited by Hammer; 03-30-2011, 08:00 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Guess who, in today's Det News:

Minus: Comerica Park, with its unnecessarily vast power alleys, will rob Martinez of more home runs than any other Tiger.
                    God, this writer's a puss.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Some random observations from Opening Day.
                      -Verlander looked good. Yeah, he gave up the dinger but compare that to his previous starts and it's an improvement. Have JV pitch against anyone else in the AL (save Boston) and he gets a nice dominant win.
                      -Hitting looked pretty good with an admittingly small sample size.
                      -Hooray baseball.

++ To Hammer for the vid. Let's hope we get to use it early and often.
                      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

I thought you found it in the first place. I also found the other half where the Tiger has the ice pack over his head and is whimpering. I'd prefer not to use that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

6 runs allowed yesterday. 10 more on the board today. We've scored 9 total.

You'll have to pardon me for being non-plussed about Verlander's ~30 pitch first inning yesterday. That took at least an inning off of his outing. I've seen that too many times in his career for as much talent as he has.

Brad Penny, OTOH, was dog**** today, no two ways around it. When you serve up 6 in the first two innings, you're taking your team out of the game before they can get going. Dickerson and Price mentioned on the air that at one point in the 4th, Penny had been on a roll since Teixeira's bomb in the 2nd. Great. The fire department did a nice job pouring water on the ashes 2 days after the house burned to the ground, too.

Time to panic? Of course not. But we're not off to a good start at all. I'm not giving the offense a free pass, but we were out of today's game midway through the bottom of the 2nd.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            6 runs allowed yesterday. 10 more on the board today. We've scored 9 total.

You'll have to pardon me for being non-plussed about Verlander's ~30 pitch first inning yesterday. That took at least an inning off of his outing. I've seen that too many times in his career for as much talent as he has.

Brad Penny, OTOH, was dog**** today, no two ways around it. When you serve up 6 in the first two innings, you're taking your team out of the game before they can get going. Dickerson and Price mentioned on the air that at one point in the 4th, Penny had been on a roll since Teixeira's bomb in the 2nd. Great. The fire department did a nice job pouring water on the ashes 2 days after the house burned to the ground, too.

Time to panic? Of course not. But we're not off to a good start at all. I'm not giving the offense a free pass, but we were out of today's game midway through the bottom of the 2nd.
                            Perspective here. It's the Yankees, it's early and I'm not frettin' until teams like Baltimore, KC and Cleveland use our pitching like toilet paper. No, not a good start especially with all of the high aspirations, but we've got 160 games left. We knew we still had holes to fill, but unfortunately starting pitching wasn't suppose to be one of them.

Comment

CABRERA!

CABRERA!

BOESCH!

funny pictures
                              moar funny pictures
                              Originally posted by Jon
                              You call everything.

Comment

I'll take the win, but giving up 23 runs in three games isn't going to take you very far.

Comment

Working...
                                X