This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Miguel will not be in camp for a few days, per Dombrowski.

Apparently he was driving a car that he was going to ship to Venezuela, presumably to family back home. The radiator blew, the car was pulled to the side of the road. Somewhere in there Miguel got liquored up, and was wandering into traffic while the cops were there.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Miguel will not be in camp for a few days, per Dombrowski.

Apparently he was driving a car that he was going to ship to Venezuela, presumably to family back home. The radiator blew, the car was pulled to the side of the road. Somewhere in there Miguel got liquored up, and was wandering into traffic while the cops were there.
      Mea Culpa, eh, espanol.

I'll spit if the 40k fans at the Copa give him a standing ovation come opening day.

Comment

You better be ready to cough one up, then. That's the most predictable thing the fans will do that day, short of booing the mayor and/or the guv.

In other related news, Paul Carey is recovering from a heart attack.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Apparently Cabrera is in camp at 270 pounds, and it's muscle, not fat.

Ummmm.......okay.

God, that was fun...

Comment

So the Tigers won their spring debut against Florida Southern College, 17-5. Of course they gave up all 5 in the 9th!

Oliveros was the pitcher in the 9th.

Yes I know its like the 5th day of spring, but I couldn't wait to talk baseball!
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Lester Oliveros is a few years away from the majors at this point. *shrug*

God, that was fun...

Comment

Apparently Cabrera is in camp at 270 pounds, and it's muscle, not fat.

Ummmm.......okay.
                You think he's been doing the Herbal??
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                  So, yeah about that 90 game win prediction...

Everyone has basically said what I'm thinking, but I'd think that Miggy is certainly worth the time to rehab if its possible. Hopefully it is, because if not the Tigers are F'ed.
                  Yeah... what he said.
                  Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                  ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                  Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                  Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                  NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

You better be ready to cough one up, then. That's the most predictable thing the fans will do that day, short of booing the mayor and/or the guv.

In other related news, Paul Carey is recovering from a heart attack.
                    Easier than paying up a pitcher of suds.

And, no, I don't expect bleeding heart fans to understand what I'm talking about. But, let's keep enabling these guys.

Comment

Tigers are now 2-0 this spring. Clearly my last comment was complete over-reaction.
                      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

We have an early nominee for quote of the spring. From Jim Leyland today:

Jim Leyland, after being asked by the New York media about Phil Coke: "He has an oar out of the water sometimes. He'll drive me wacky being on the bench between starts.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Tigers vs Braves on ESPN at 1pm tomorrow - if you haven't set your DVR yet. Of course, I'm sure the only thing worth watching is the first inning, but baseball is on TV. Hooray!
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Aaaaaaaand it starts. Zumaya has his elbow looked at.

Those of you who had March 7th in the pool, come collect your free Whopper coupons at Customer Service.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                              Heard on the radio this morning that Joel Zumaya, who's sporting a full beard, looks good.
                              A witness claimed his arm is attached to it's socket. That's promising !
                              This is the closest thing to any predictions I saw on the new thread. Have to check the old one.

Comment

So far nothing new since the Cabrera meltdown. He's looking to lose some weight, appears to be a bit chubby. Don't talk about him or his problems, though or the Skip may yell.

Pitching seems to be coming along except for the Zumaya saga.

Guillen apparently won't be ready for the start of the season. Color me surprised.

Two weeks to go before we find out if this team is serious about a good April start.

Comment

Working...
                                X