Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    And the Rangers tie up their game with the Indians with a two-run homer on their final out. Very interesting.
    The Rangers ended up winning pushing the division lead to 4 games. 50 games to go for the Tigers. I'm thinking 24 to 25 wins gives them a pretty solid shot at winning the division.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      The Rangers ended up winning pushing the division lead to 4 games. 50 games to go for the Tigers. I'm thinking 24 to 25 wins gives them a pretty solid shot at winning the division.
      85 wins? Division title? I don't know. I still think it will take 88 wins, even though the Indians and Sox seem to be just as apathetic about making a run. BUT, 85 wins is right where I thought they'd end up. Have to feel good about JV and Sherz going the next two games. Get to see Ubaldo in Cleveland and Baltimore always gives us fits out there.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        85 wins? Division title? I don't know. I still think it will take 88 wins, even though the Indians and Sox seem to be just as apathetic about making a run. BUT, 85 wins is right where I thought they'd end up. Have to feel good about JV and Sherz going the next two games. Get to see Ubaldo in Cleveland and Baltimore always gives us fits out there.
        Who in this division is getting to 87 wins? That would mean 55-55 Cleveland finishing 32-20, 53-58 Chicago finishing 34-17, 51-61 Minnesota going 36-14, and Kansas City being the only remaining team after a bizarre series of plane accidents. The schedule is pretty back-loaded with divisional games which will make things interesting, but odds are it's not going to take much to win the division.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

What the hell, Verlander? Stop channeling Grilli.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Streaker!!!!

I love how Mario and Rod handle those situations.

It always begins with a close up of a player, followed by an awkward silence, and then one of them will finally speak up and say "Sorry folks, someone out there is acting dumb, we'll get back to the game shortly", followed by some more awkward silence.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Martinez tries to score on a grounder to 2nd and wipes out his knee. Great.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Martinez tries to score on a grounder to 2nd and wipes out his knee. Great.
                Sounds like it's nothing serious.

Tigers pull out another one-run win. Cleveland jumped out to a 3-run lead in the 7th against Texas and then gacked it up in the bottom half of the inning.

Comment

If the Tigers do win the division, they had better find a way to get those guys in from 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Verlanders shoulders are big, but not that big.
                  No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I don't know how in the world an MLB hitter can be behind on an 82 mph fastball, but Jackson managed to do so, striking out to open today's proceedings.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Bruce Chen strikes out the side to open the game.

I think I'm going to go get groceries and mow. I don't like where this is headed.

God, that was fun...

Comment

You know, if Cabrera ran the ****ing bases hard, he would have been safe at 2nd.

God, that was fun...

Comment

They may not make it through this half-inning. It's getting downright evil out there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Weather delay, and one of the grounds crew almost got run over by the tarp. Twice.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Just one of those games where we needed better pitching. V-mart's absence is painfully obvious to the lineup, the man has been money this season. I also think they rally in the 8th inning if Peralta isn't thrown out at third on a perfect play. They are 8-4 this season against KC, with 9 or 10 of those games being settled by one run.

Comment

Dombrowski extended through 2015, Leyland through next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X