Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

So.........this is Marlboro Jimmy's idea of getting Avila more rest, huh?
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
      BOESCH!!!

3-1 CWS, bottom 4.

God, that was fun...

Comment

A couple clutch hits and some defensive "help" from Chicago's RF has put us up 4-3 in the 6th.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

4-3 final.

God, that was fun...

Comment

That sixth inning was crazy. Did you know that if you don't swing at four pitches that are outside of the strike zone, they let you walk to first base? And that helps you score runs, even if you just get a base hit? The Tigers should try that strategy more often.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

You know, I'd heard that rumor before. What an interesting concept.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                That sixth inning was crazy. Did you know that if you don't swing at four pitches that are outside of the strike zone, they let you walk to first base? And that helps you score runs, even if you just get a base hit? The Tigers should try that strategy more often.
                Inge and Jackson are confused by this statement.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Inge and Jackson are confused by this statement.
                  In one at-bat today, Inge got six straight pitches outside the strike zone and still managed to turn it into a strikeout.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

So are the Tigers even trying to win games? How do you lose a series to Chicago?

See you Thursday!
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      So are the Tigers even trying to win games? How do you lose a series to Chicago?

See you Thursday!
                      By not scoring runs-see dumb AB comments below. By checking out mentally already. By having your ace get racked for the first time in two months. By having your pitching staff sport an ERA above 4.50 sans your ace.

50-45 a game behind the lead in the Central, though after the Twins get swept by the Indians at home in a DH. 67 games to go. 33-34 record gets them to 83 wins, with most games left against the Central. Anything else would be a bonus with the AAA act they have at 3b and 2b. AND, a closer now that needs 30 pitches to end games each outing. All things considered, they have a legit shot at winning as long as certain other division teams don't get hot. (43) Games against the Central: Minn (13)- 6H 7A, CWS (9)-3H 6A, Cleve (12) 6H 6A, KC (8) 3H 5A, plus 1 make up game against someone. (24) Games left against non Central foes: Oak (2), LAA (4), Texas (3), @Balt (3), @TB (4), @Oak (4), Balt (4).

I would think they could win at least 24 of their remaining 32 games at home. Shoot for 9 wins out of 35 road games. Figure at least 11 games against contenders from other divisions will be difficult, even if 7/11 are at home.
                      Last edited by streaker; 07-19-2011, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Shannon Hogan's got a nice rack.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Porcello's gonna mess around and throw one into right field pretty soon.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Okay. None of us are overly happy that Sizemore got traded. But that doesn't mean that we have to hit him in the chops when he's trying to bunt.

God, that was fun...

Comment

When did Guillen come back? I thought he was still on the perpetual 60 day DL with Zumaya.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

He came back on Saturday, I believe. And he got through a DP without a joint or bone exploding. Progress, I suppose.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X