Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Keep in mind that Dombrowski's contract is up at the end of this year as well.

Since June 1, Brandon Inge is hitting .082 (4-49) with an impressive OBP of .135. Ray Oyler think this sucks.
    I'm still a fan of the "20 home runs, .204 batting average since the 2009 all-star break."
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Well, it must be getting to him- heard a sound bite on XYT "Fans just need to get off of my back." His days are numbered and it's not because of the excuses he is making- it's about playing bad baseball. If it wasn't for his goodwill gestures in the community and his fat contract, he would have been gone a year ago.

70 games remain. 49 wins right now. .500 ball gets them to 84. If they can't do that, then the fire Leyland signs should start popping up. The most I can hope for is Verlander reaching 20 wins. The division means nothing but an opportunity for one of the central teams to get swept in the playoffs.

Comment

Jon Morosi tweeted that he got confirmation the Tigers are interested in Carlos Beltran, if they can first trade for a starting pitcher.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

And just what in the hell are we going to do with Carlos Beltran and his one good knee? And what are we going to give for him? Any answer that includes the words "Jacob Turner" should be met with the words "Go Jump in the Hudson River".

The holes we have at 2B and 3B are big enough to drive a Buick through. Let's fix a position of need, shall we, boys?
          Last edited by Hammer; 07-14-2011, 05:25 PM.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

And just what in the hell are we going to do with Carlos Beltran and his one good knee? And what are we going to give for him? Any answer that includes the words "Jacob Turner" should be met with the words "Go Jump in the Hudson River".

The holes we have at 2B and 3B are big enough to drive a Buick through. Let's fix a position of need, shall we, boys?
            A buick?? I would have said that crawling tank thing that they move the Space Shuttle around on could get thru that hole. Hell, I would just settle for having 1 of the Double Trouble Twins gone.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I agree. I wouldn't touch Beltran unless it was a bargain of a deal. The problem is that if you want to add a bat, which the Tigers seem to, it's going to be very hard to find that at the 2B or 3B position. Jamey Carroll or Jeff Keppinger are hitting for decent average and could be had as rentals, but there are quite a few teams lining up to improve their middle infield.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
                CABRERA!!!

4-2 CWS, bottom 4.

Cabrera goes ka-bam after Magglio took 1st on a 3rd strike that went to the backstop.

Verlander had a really bad 3rd inning.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Per Wojo, Danny Worth and Ryan Perry have been sent back to Toledo, and Al Albuquerque and..........wait for it..........Carlos Guillen have been activated from the DL.

I think we sent the wrong 2B to Toledo. You-know-who has an option left.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hey. We get Josh Lewis and Rod Allen on today's game. Quite a bit of hometown feel here this afternoon.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hey. We get Josh Lewis and Rod Allen on today's game. Quite a bit of hometown feel here this afternoon.
                      And now I have to post this again.

Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

5-0 CWS. We aren't hitting, and when the White Sox get on base, they might as well go straight to 3rd base because our pitchers are too busy pulling their puds to hold a runner on base.

The 2nd half skid is here, right on schedule.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Per Wojo, Danny Worth and Ryan Perry have been sent back to Toledo, and Al Albuquerque and..........wait for it..........Carlos Guillen have been activated from the DL.

I think we sent the wrong 2B to Toledo. You-know-who has an option left.
                          Because I'm a nerd, whenever any one says "You-know-who" I automatically think Voldemort.

Then I thought some more and realized that a 70+ year old twice dead wizard might be an upgrade at 2nd base.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

71 year old Dick McAuliffe would be an upgrade at 2B over Raburn.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's absolutely pathetic to let Edwin Jackson get through 9 innings on just 101 pitches. He's barely a notch above Dontrelle Willis in the control department. Take a freaking pitch or two rather than swinging at everything he tosses near the plate.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Why is Juan Pierre killing us?
                                Originally posted by Jon
                                You call everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X