Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 1 - The Lou Whitaker version

Coke to the DL with a bone bruise. Andy Oliver will take Coke's turn in the rotation. In the meantime, Adam Wilk's contract has been purchased from Toledo. Robbie Weinhart has been DFA'd to make room for Wilk on the 40-man. So, for purposes of keeping score, in order:

Coke to DL
    Weinahrt DFA'd
    Wilk's contract purchased, and he is now a Tiger
    On Saturday, Oliver will take Coke's next turn in the rotation. I'm assuming Wilk will then head back to Toledo

Charlie Furbush stays in Detroit for the duration.
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-24-2011, 05:43 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
      CABRERA!!!

3-run bomb.

4-3 Tigers, bottom 5.

He's back.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And... V can't hold it. Plus, kicking the ball around (or throwing it around) four times didn't help.

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******
          AVILA - 2!!!

7-6 Tigers, bottom 8.

It's up to Valverde now.

God, that was fun...

Comment

All right. Let's see which Benoit we get tonight.

God, that was fun...

Comment

funny pictures

7-6 Final.

We're going to need to string a few of these together, because Cleveland isn't going away anytime soon.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Looks like the rain is going to cost the Tigers an early lead today.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  Looks like the rain is going to cost the Tigers an early lead today.
                  Anybody up for putting together an Ark??
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

It rained too early yesterday and too late today.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Scott Sizemore is dealt to Oakland for David Purcey (LHP) from Oakland, and Danny Worth has been recalled from Toledo.

Huh. Maybe they could trade for a 2nd basemen that doesn't commit errors and can be put in the #2 spot. Like, I dunno, Placido Polanco?
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Well, we get Danny Worth instead.

There's another move to come. Sizemore was traded for a pitcher, and then we called up Worth. When everyone gets settled, that's one too many on our roster. Plus, we've got to make yet another move to get Andy Oliver here tomorrow.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Time to pound on our boy Lynn Henning some more. Thursday morning's column produced this gem regarding Sizemore:

But a feeling within the organization, based on his profile and swing, is that he will hit.
                          Not 36 hours later, his latest column opens with this gem:

Friday's not-so-shocking trade, which sent Scott Sizemore to the A's and delivered David Purcey to the Tigers bullpen, essentially was made during spring camp.
                          So, the organization is so convinced that he's going to hit that they ship him clear across the country for a lefty who's been traded twice this year. Uh-huh. He's going to hit, but it's not-so-shocking that he got dealt.

Lynn Henning has about a much business writing about this team as Stevie Wonder does driving the pace car for the Indy 500.
                          Last edited by Hammer; 05-28-2011, 07:42 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Tigers rained out again today for the fourth time in two weeks, and the best part is that because the game has been rescheduled for Sunday night at 7, only ESPN is allowed to televise MLB during that time period. So, if you want to see Verlander and Beckett, you better have tickets or a really fancy radio.
                            Originally posted by Jon
                            You call everything.

Comment

Am I reading this correctly in that Ryan freaking Raburn is our new 2nd baseman?
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Oh, boy. This might get out of hand before the Tigers get to bat.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X