Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

    Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    Carrie Underwood hates Canada, as Mike Fisher gets traded to Nashville.
    Unlike Janet Jones though, she actually has a career.

    Comment


    • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

      Not all that surprised that Fisher winds up here in Nashville. He's been on record that he could see himself playing with the Preds at some point in his career.

      Too bad this didn't happen a week ago. Each year the Preds have an annual charitable event; this year it is tonight and the theme is "GnashVegas" (basically, playing different casino games and what not). I wouldn't mind seeing Carrie Underwood up close and personal!

      Comment


      • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

        I just saw the clip of Rick DiPietro getting floored by Brent Johnson for the first time. That. Was. AWESOME.

        Anyone know if there's an animated GIF of that floating around anywhere? I'm looking Google but all the links are to worthless Twitter archive garbage.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

        Comment


        • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

          Originally posted by OvahInDovah View Post
          That's an interesting point of view; I guess I didn't see it that way (4 years of bad blood). After Montreal blew up the team (summer of '09), the cast of characters is completely different than the last time this rivalry had any sizzle. What's happened in the last two seasons of any consequence between the two teams? Mostly a lot of tedious, defense first games. I get Lucic pounding down Komisarek in '08; that was blood lust, and a long time in the making. But Thornton and Boychuck grabbing Spacek and Hamrlik? Not sure what that was all about.
          True, but I think there are enough Bruins around who remember the events of 2008 and 2009 to hold a grudge. And you have a fanbase who remembers the futility of playing the Habs last year and the various playoff frustrations between 1971 and 2008 - I think that bloodlust does play into it. i'm sure some of the players picked up on that. And 90% of Hockey East would still enjoy seeing Brian Gionta squashed like a bug or maybe that's just me.

          Incidentally, OverinDovah is one of the more reasonable people here. Just saying...

          I thought between Steve Sommers and jmh, someone would have an animation of DiPietro getting nailed. Sigh...

          "I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

          2008 POTY

          Comment


          • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

            Originally posted by jmh View Post
            I just saw the clip of Rick DiPietro getting floored by Brent Johnson for the first time. That. Was. AWESOME.
            Agree!!!

            Comment


            • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

              Originally posted by Jon View Post
              True, but I think there are enough Bruins around who remember the events of 2008 and 2009 to hold a grudge. And you have a fanbase who remembers the futility of playing the Habs last year and the various playoff frustrations between 1971 and 2008 - I think that bloodlust does play into it. i'm sure some of the players picked up on that. And 90% of Hockey East would still enjoy seeing Brian Gionta squashed like a bug or maybe that's just me.

              Incidentally, OverinDovah is one of the more reasonable people here. Just saying...

              I thought between Steve Sommers and jmh, someone would have an animation of DiPietro getting nailed. Sigh...
              Well thanks. And your poinbt is well taken on the Bruins who have been around. I guess the Spaceks and Hamrliks of the world have to pay for the transgressions of the Komisareks and Lapierres.

              At the end of the day, it's two points lost, and that's what's disappointing. Scoring 6 times on Thomas should be enough...especially when your 2nd line morphs into Darche-Desharnais-Pouliot.

              As for Gionta...hated him when he was at BC. I had just finished grad school and was going to lots of games at UNH with my Dad (who used to post here many moons ago). It was very hard for me to stomach him going to the Habs...but he won me over with his play.

              As an aside - it's always interesting to see someone reviled in one place celebrated in another. Such is the nature of sports. It kills me watching the younger Kostitsyn tear it up here in Nashville this year. I guarantee you that Andrei will do the same wherever he winds up next year too. The league is filled with younger ex-Canadiens' talent doing well (D'Agostini in St. Louis, O'Byrne in Colorado, Chipchura in Anaheim, Grabovski in Toronto, the aformentioned little Kostitsyn). That's a bit worrisome.

              Comment


              • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                Sketchy rumors that the 'Hawks are in discussions with the Sabres to deal Kane and Turco in exchange for...

                ...Ryan Miller.

                Take the rumor for what it's worth.

                Comment


                • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                  Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Sketchy rumors that the 'Hawks are in discussions with the Sabres to deal Kane and Turco in exchange for...

                  ...Ryan Miller.

                  Take the rumor for what it's worth.
                  Please tell me not from Eklund.

                  That being said - that would be a major coup for Buffalo's new ownership group to bring home Kane. Buffalo does have a decent prospect in Enroth.

                  Aside: One of the reason's hockey in Nashville can be tough to take seriously...the Tennessean headline is, "Predators obtain Mike Fisher, Carrie Underwood's husband".

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Sketchy rumors that the 'Hawks are in discussions with the Sabres to deal Kane and Turco in exchange for...

                    ...Ryan Miller.

                    Take the rumor for what it's worth.
                    Bwahahaha! That would be hilarious.


                    Sidenote: I thought Kane was part of their "core?"
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                    Live Radio from 100.3

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                      i didnt think chicago was struggling in net. crawford is putting up some good numbers
                      "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

                      -Herodotus

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                        Originally posted by OvahInDovah View Post
                        Aside: One of the reason's hockey in Nashville can be tough to take seriously...the Tennessean headline is, "Predators obtain Mike Fisher, Carrie Underwood's husband".
                        My next question, and I'm not trying to lead an anti-Southern expansion witchhunt (I'm just curious) - what would you say is the average attendance at a regular season Preds game not involving the Wings or the 'Hawks?

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                          Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          My next question, and I'm not trying to lead an anti-Southern expansion witchhunt (I'm just curious) - what would you say is the average attendance at a regular season Preds game not involving the Wings or the 'Hawks?
                          12000
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                            Originally posted by OvahInDovah View Post
                            Well thanks. And your poinbt is well taken on the Bruins who have been around. I guess the Spaceks and Hamrliks of the world have to pay for the transgressions of the Komisareks and Lapierres.
                            I don't even think it's this complicated. At the end of an already intense game, Travis Moen went after Ference and really set everything in motion.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Unlike Janet Jones though, she actually has a career.
                              What, exactly, are you implying about the Police Academy movies?

                              And honestly, did anyone really know who Mike Fisher was before he started seeing Carrie Underwood?
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

                              Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

                              Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

                              Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                                Well, that was unexpected. Of course, the tables will probably be turned at the Joe.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X