Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
    Another clutch goal by Lucic as Boston beats Tampa 2-1 for their 7th straight win. This team is hitting their stride at the right time, and are 3 points behind Philly for #1 in the east!
    Leafs helped Boston with a huge 3-2 win in Philly. Just 3 back of the Rangers.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      Liz Claman on FBN talking about Molson Canadian becoming the official beer of the NHL -- and she's holding a bottle of my favorite brewski. It don't get better than this!!!!

Take the poll on FBN:

NHL vs. NFL Sponsorship: Who buys more beer?

Football is winning -- we can't have that!!!

*****http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/files/original/liz%20claman.jpg******

The NFL has the Packers fanbase. Good luck with that.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        The NFL has the Packers fanbase. Good luck with that.
        You're telling me you don't have to be perpetually drunk to live in Edmonton and be an Oilers fan for most of the last twenty years? I think most of them cracked a beer when Gretzky was dealt and haven't stopped since.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          You're telling me you don't have to be perpetually drunk to live in Edmonton and be an Oilers fan for most of the last twenty years? I think most of them cracked a beer when Gretzky was dealt and haven't stopped since.
          You aren't familiar with WI. Lucky you.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I nearly cracked a joke about Edmonton and what else is there to do in Central Alberta and all, but then I realized Brent was right.

Comment

The Rangers are dead. They've won twice in regulation in the past 16 games. They're not making the playoffs with or without Gaborik.

Comment

Somehow, I knew Brent would sig that.

Comment

Gillies gets 10 more games.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Gillies gets 10 more games.
                    So that's what...maybe 15 minutes of total ice time?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      So that's what...maybe 15 minutes of total ice time?
                      Less, probably. He's gotten 19 games from his last 4 minutes of ice time. The NHL is trolling Gilles, too, since his first game back after this one is April 8th vs. the Penguins. Probably hoping he'll get his third strike.

Comment

Less, probably. He's gotten 19 games from his last 4 minutes of ice time. The NHL is trolling Gilles, too, since his first game back after this one is April 8th vs. the Penguins. Probably hoping he'll get his third strike.
                        That could wind up being a very ugly mistake. He doesn't strike me as one to listen to Campbell & Co.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          That could wind up being a very ugly mistake. He doesn't strike me as one to listen to Campbell & Co.
                          No, but after he starts a line brawl in the 1st period, they'll drag him back up to Toronto and tack on a 30-40 game Chris Simon penalty on him. "He's committed suspension worthy acts in his last three NHL games."

His NHL career will basically be over at that point.

Comment

Henrik Lundqvist is the best goalie in the NHL. If you think otherwise, I'm sorry but you're wrong.
                            Cornell University Men's Hockey
                            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

How does a 1 goal effort vs. an awful Ottawa team cause that kind of reaction? I mean, it's not even an NHL opponent.

Comment

How does a 1 goal effort vs. an awful Ottawa team cause that kind of reaction? I mean, it's not even an NHL opponent.
                                Well, I mean, I felt that way already anyway. He made a couple of really great saves in that game though.
                                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Working...
                                X