Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

    Originally posted by dave29 View Post
    Has Kessel lost weight since the all star game?
    Heh, he certainly may have! Whatever he's doing now, it's working. He's always streaky, and right now he's hot. He has more goals than Ovechkin. That's kind of shocking, no?

    Preds traded Andrew Sulzer to Florida and put Sullivan on IR. I think they're going to make another move for a Center; they're really thin down the middle, particularly after losing O'Reilly and Goc for the season in the past 2 weeks.

    Comment


    • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

      Originally posted by OvahInDovah View Post
      Heh, he certainly may have! Whatever he's doing now, it's working. He's always streaky, and right now he's hot. He has more goals than Ovechkin. That's kind of shocking, no?
      All it takes are a few posts which could mean the difference between a cold streak and having hot mitts. Also don't discount the fact that hockey is a team sport. Toronto looked better against boston last go round than they did in any of their losses. If your teammates aren't carrying their weight, even the best goal scorer in the world will struggle.

      Who would have thought lucic would be the bostons #1 goal scorer. Who would have thought Marchand would be one of the top rookies? I give Senguin slack since he is just a kid and isn't given the same opportunity as guys like skinner, hall, or eberle. That said, this is why hockey is one of the better sports. you can't look at a guys previous stats and come to conclusions. A. Daigle kind of showed us that.

      On playoffs, I think some luck is going to be involved with how teams fare. Injuries are really screwing some teams over, so the healthiest team come playoffs might be a favorite regardless of where they are in the standings.
      "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

      -Herodotus

      Comment


      • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

        No Rangers in HD for me tonight, because apparently it's very important for the game to be blacked out on NHL Network even though it's only being shown on MSG2 (which isn't available in HD on my cable, not sure if it is elsewhere) in favor of the Knicks on MSG (OK, I guess maybe that makes sense since they just made a big trade) and the Debbies on MSG+ (what? as if anyone wants to watch that). Thanks, MSG.

        Edit to add: MAN Ovechkin is good.

        Edit again to add: The rest of his team, not so much.
        Last edited by jmh; 02-25-2011, 07:36 PM.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

        Comment


        • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

          The top ten songs that are destroying the atmosphere at sporting events last year:

          http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/550693
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

          BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


          At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

          Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

          Comment


          • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

            Originally posted by jmh View Post
            No Rangers in HD for me tonight, because apparently it's very important for the game to be blacked out on NHL Network even though it's only being shown on MSG2 (which isn't available in HD on my cable, not sure if it is elsewhere) in favor of the Knicks on MSG (OK, I guess maybe that makes sense since they just made a big trade) and the Debbies on MSG+ (what? as if anyone wants to watch that). Thanks, MSG.
            Sooo... now you know how we Leafs fans feel most of the time!

            Tonight, I have to watch the Penguins feed rather than HNIC because we're in the Pens market -- even though we're 3 hours from Pittsburgh.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

            Comment


            • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

              Awesome OT win by the Wild last night. Pierre Marc Bouchard scored on a breakaway with 3 seconds left. Made up for my college team

              I am surprised how everything is coming together for the Wild. Our coaching is looking solid team is playing okay without Koivu and we are in line for a playoff spot. Which I didn't think was going to happen in the fall.
              tUMD Hockey

              "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                Sooo... now you know how we Leafs fans feel most of the time!

                Tonight, I have to watch the Penguins feed rather than HNIC because we're in the Pens market -- even though we're 3 hours from Pittsburgh.
                I've never understood TV territory rights. It seems archaic and arbitrary.

                Although, after seeing the MLB tv map, it makes the hockey one look smart.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                Live Radio from 100.3

                Comment


                • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                  Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  I've never understood TV territory rights. It seems archaic and arbitrary.

                  Although, after seeing the MLB tv map, it makes the hockey one look smart.
                  aparch, thought I'd pass something along...have always associated you as a Thrashers' fan; not sure if that's totally accurate. Anyhow, Rick Dudley was on Montreal's Team 990 yesterday. I listened to the interview, he said he thought that Ben Maxwell will be up sooner than later. He also said that Bogosian is not in play, but qualified it by saying, "If Wayne Gretzky can be traded, anyone can be traded".

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                    In more recent news, the Minnesota Wild have not made a trade.

                    Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Awesome OT win by the Wild last night. Pierre Marc Bouchard scored on a breakaway with 3 seconds left. Made up for my college team

                    I am surprised how everything is coming together for the Wild. Our coaching is looking solid team is playing okay without Koivu and we are in line for a playoff spot. Which I didn't think was going to happen in the fall.
                    While I am somewhat smitten with their chances, no one should be happy that it took 2 breakaway goals and 40+ saves to win that game. That's not going to get many wins in the playoffs should they even get that far.

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                      Some player movement today:

                      Bryan McCabe to the Rangers for a 3rd and Tim Kennedy.

                      Marco Sturm claimed by the Capitals.

                      Nick Boytnon claimed by the Flyers.

                      Craig Rivet claimed by Cowlumbus.

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                        Hudler pulls the Wings even with the EAG with :58 left.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


                        God, that was fun...

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                          And Hudler buries the Sabres in the shootout, off of Ryan Miller.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


                          God, that was fun...

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                            Bruins and Canucks in a great game right now.


                            Lucic gets the Game Winner and the B's come from behind to win 3-1.

                            4-0 on the road trip and looking great.
                            Last edited by UNH GH; 02-26-2011, 11:46 PM.
                            UNH Wildcat Hockey

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                              Man, the Rangers just cannot beat the Florida teams.

                              Liking McCabe's work on the power play though.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

                                Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
                                Bruins and Canucks in a great game right now.


                                Lucic gets the Game Winner and the B's come from behind to win 3-1.

                                4-0 on the road trip and looking great.
                                This team looks great with Kelly, Kabs and Pavs.
                                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

                                Born a Black Bear
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

                                A NMU Wildcat for Life
                                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

                                NMU Hockey
                                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                                2008-2009: 18-16-5


                                1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X