Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Some ******* on the Kings' minor league affiliate stepped on the back of Stalock's knee and severed a nerve. Out for the season.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Some ******* on the Kings' minor league affiliate stepped on the back of Stalock's knee and severed a nerve. Out for the season.
      Was he a former Gopher?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Was he a former Gopher?
        Obviously a former Sioux player...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Obviously a former Sioux player...
          No, the Sioux are goons while the Gophers cut goalies.

Comment

Matt Cooke being his usual self:

Comment

So what's the deal with Forsberg signing with the Avs today? Will he also have to clear waivers, a la Nabokov?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Matt Cooke being his usual self:

Matt Cooke, or Max Cooke to the Idiot Commentators, is by far the cheapest player in the NHL, if not in all of pro hockey. Sorry Pens fans. And I know I'm saying something considering Chris Pronger and Sean Avery are still playing... not to mention Daniel Carcillo.

The media, completely forgetting about the fact that the Pens seem to have been functioning perfectly fine without Malkin and Crosby immediately reverted to explaining this loss to the Caps as being due to the injuries to key Penguins players.

Pens fans should rue reality because if you listened to the NHL media, the Pens should never lose a game when 87 and 71 are on the ice.
                Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Avery is an agitator. He doesn't try to intentionally injure guys like Cooke does. He's not the same type of player...he definitely has his dirty moments but he's never been suspended for an on ice event.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by OvahInDovah View Post
                    So what's the deal with Forsberg signing with the Avs today? Will he also have to clear waivers, a la Nabokov?
                    My understanding is no because he has not played this year at all for anyone. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Forsberg will not have to clear waivers.

Comment

The Pens/Caps rivalry is fun to watch but some of the hits being dished out lately are concerning. Ovechkin on Gonchar from a couple of years ago, Steckel on Crosby and today with Cooke on Ovechkin. I am not a fan of either of these hits and hopefully we won't see anything reach the level of McSorley or Bertuzzi. Anyway, tune in on February 21st. I am sure someone on the Caps will go after Cooke.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                          Did he play golf that morning with Kim Jong Il?
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl...ory?id=6096136

Savvy to miss the rest of the year.
                            UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Time for Kessel to go! Not to mention Burke and Wilson.

Phil Kessel of the Toronto Maple Leafs was dropped down to a line with Darryl Boyce and Joey Crabb in practice on Sunday, as Coach Ron Wilson moved center Tyler Bozak to a line with Kris Versteeg and Colby Armstrong.

Combine that with a 10-game goal-less streak -- oh, and the dignity of being the last pick in an exhibition game fantasy draft -- and they're frustrating times for Kessel.

From the National Post:

"I don't really know what to say about that any more," Kessel said of his slump. "I'm trying. Obviously, it's not going right. It might not be working out here. What are you going to do?"

Kessel was asked about the line change: "I don't know," he said. "Maybe it's just not working out, I guess. Who knows? I didn't get anything going. Maybe it's time for a change or something. Who knows?"

Said Wilson, via the Toronto Sun:

"He doesn't want to talk about it or even work on it in practice, it's kind of a touch thing," Wilson said. "He comes and goes with cold streak and hot streaks. Just be patient and change up the line. This is a different look, it makes you think a little bit. At the end of the day, he's getting the chances (averaging more than four shots per game) and he has to figure a way to put he puck in the net. But a scoring chance that fails, should not shut you down the next five or six minutes."
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

I still can't get over the Lebda signing. That remains one of the worst FA contracts last summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X