Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Originally posted by MoFan View Post
    I was looking at that last night while watching the Stars/Flames game. Interesting dynamic but I'd bet at least one of my AAA players that all five don't make the playoffs. The goal differential stats are telling. Anyone think that one of these teams is a serious Stanley Cup contender (even factoring in Vancouver's annual choke)?
    If you assume Vancouver's choke and Detroit's Howard-ness in net, it feels like a year where the 7 seed wins the Western Conference.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The Blues are trying the greatest marketing promotion in the NHL. And this time, they've taken a page from the college hockey world.

The Blues unveil the NHL version of the "Student" section.
      http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/54...yer_Lesser.pdf

BLUENATICS CODE OF CONDUCT
      1. Must commit to being the loudest section of Blues fans in Scottrade Center
      2. Must be at a 12 when all other Blues fans are at a 10
      3. Must live and die with every pass, shot, fight, and goal
      4. Must literally Bleed BLUE!
      5. Must be both cheering and standing for minimum 17 minutes each period
      6. Must be willing to participate in original and memorable chants to push the Blues to victory
      7. No fans from opposing team will be allowed
      8. Face paint, wigs and Blues flair are strongly encouraged

To purchase your Bluenatics tickets today call Jeff Lesser at 314.589.5962!

$20 to $30 Mezzanine tickets, first come, first serve basis.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        If you assume Vancouver's choke and Detroit's Howard-ness in net, it feels like a year where the 7 seed wins the Western Conference.
        Perhaps, but I think that teams like Calgary might be that team if they continue to play well (they have played 2-3 games more than other Western teams so they still may be 4-6 points out of the playoffs at this point). Of the 5 Pacific teams, Anaheim intrigues me if Hiller is healthy and back to his old self soon, and Los Angeles if they get any goaltending and Jack MF Johnson remembers to play defense. The other 3 seem flawed to me.
        Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
        I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Paul Mara's beard was traded back to Montreal last night for the 5th rounder the Habs got from Anaheim in the Lapierre trade.

Kaberle to Boston expected to go down tomorrow, after the Bruins clear cap room by trading out Blake Wheeler today.

Comment

Originally posted by OvahInDovah View Post
            Paul Mara's beard was traded back to Montreal last night for the 5th rounder the Habs got from Anaheim in the Lapierre trade.

Kaberle to Boston expected to go down tomorrow, after the Bruins clear cap room by trading out Blake Wheeler today.
            Burke suddenly needs a goalie.

The Toronto Maple Leafs general manager needs to bring in at least one goaltender after a rash of injuries hit the organization in recent days.

"(We're) working on it," he said Thursday via email. "Need at least one, and maybe two."

The latest to go down was J.S. Giguere, who suffered a lower-body injury during Toronto's 2-1 win in Buffalo on Wednesday. The veteran battled groin injuries earlier in the season and wasn't sure if the ailment was related to his past.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Oh thank God. I am so sick of hearing Kaberle's name.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Oh c'mon, he's not THAT bad...

...is he?

I'm more worried about our D. They've done their fair share of hanging Howard out with the morning laundry.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Oh c'mon, he's not THAT bad...

...is he?

I'm more worried about our D. They've done their fair share of hanging Howard out with the morning laundry.
                  I think he's just like Osbad. A .500/.600 goalie playing behind an amazing team. Well, a little less amazing for Howard than they were in front of Osbad. Were *ANY* Red Wings goalie amazing during their Stanley Cup runs?

Speaking of Ozzie, my Fathead from Sunday's game against the Bruins is hanging on my wall. Gaping 5-hole and all.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    I think he's just like Osbad. A .500/.600 goalie playing behind an amazing team. Well, a little less amazing for Howard than they were in front of Osbad. Were *ANY* Red Wings goalie amazing during their Stanley Cup runs?
                    Oh I dunno, that Vernon guy wasn't half bad. Good enough for some kind of MVP award I hear.

Also, it's "Nogood".

Comment

We always went with "Isbad".
                      Cornell University Men's Hockey
                      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

According to Comcast New England's Joe Haggerty, the Bruins will send Blake Wheeler and a draft pick to Toronto for Kaberle, and also deal Mark Stuart to Chicago in a cap clearing move (though Stuart had played sparingly over the past month).

Comment

According to Comcast New England's Joe Haggerty, the Bruins will send Blake Wheeler and a draft pick to Toronto for Kaberle, and also deal Mark Stuart to Chicago in a cap clearing move (though Stuart had played sparingly over the past month).
                          I like that deal. As long as they arent shipping a 1st rounder to Toronto.
                          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                          2006-2007: 15-24-2
                          2007-2008: 20-20-4
                          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                            I like that deal. As long as they arent shipping a 1st rounder to Toronto.
                            It certainly will not be the one they received from Toronto in the Kessel deal, according to Bob McKenzie. I think that picking up a PMD really makes Boston a formidable challenger in the East. Hard not to say Philly and Boston are the two best teams in that conference, IMHO.

Wheeler just scored for Boston on a pretty wretched display of goaltending by Lawson.

Comment

...a pretty wretched display of goaltending by Lawson.
                              I'm still amazed that he ever made to the show.

Jarkko Ruutu to Anahack for a 6th rounder. Good place for him.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I'm still amazed that he ever made to the show.

Jarkko Ruutu to Anahack for a 6th rounder. Good place for him.
                                If you make it to the NHL with the Islanders, does it really count?
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X