Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010-2011 NHL Season Part II - Concussions Are Serious Business, Savvy?

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Charlottetown!

I love it!
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Isn't obvious that southern expansion hasn't failed? The problem is that it was done in the wrong way, the teams are in the wrong cities! Move Phoenix AND Atlanta to Los Angeles!!!

Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It's going to be funny if Atlanta fails again. Any other cities failed twice?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Isn't obvious that southern expansion hasn't failed? The problem is that it was done in the wrong way, the teams are in the wrong cities! Move Phoenix AND Atlanta to Los Angeles!!!

You should be the commish.

New Orleans! I vote they be in the northwest division.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            How many times has LA failed at the NFL?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by OvahInDovah View Post
              Why can't the Canadiens get guys like this or little Kostitsyn?
              Uh, the Habs drafted Grabovski and didn't want him.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Awesome. So I'm listening to the sports station in ATL that's interviewing the head of the Atlanta Spirit about why he said there was an urgency to finding a local investor to keep the team.

His opening sentence "I don't want to cause panic, but we just need to bring attention to this."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Ottawa has had teams withdraw, quit, and relocate numerous times if I remember correctly.

Oh, and Quebec has failed more than once as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    How many times has LA failed at the NFL?

Scooby:

Milwaukee lost baseball twice.
                    Washington DC lost baseball twice.
                    New York lost two baseball teams at once.
                    Cleveland lost football twice.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      I would like an NHL player to come in and help me with my work. Should I give Brian Burke a ring? One PC grad to another?
                      Maybe he'll send you Wilson!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        Uh, the Habs drafted Grabovski and didn't want him.
                        They also had the other Kostitsyn. You may need to check your sarcasm detector.

Comment

Ottawa came close.

Comment

Ottawa has had teams withdraw, quit, and relocate numerous times if I remember correctly.

Not in the NHL - the Nordiques were the only NHL team in QC. Ottawa's early team was known as the Silver Seven and the Senators before folding in the 30s.

Now the Roughriders, that's another story!

They also had the other Kostitsyn. You may need to check your sarcasm detector.
                            The trip to the dentist today knocked the sarc detector out of sync.

Comment

Wasn't there a team called the Quebec Bulldogs in the VERY early years?

Comment

Wasn't there a team called the Quebec Bulldogs in the VERY early years?
                                Yep, you're right -- just for the 1919-20 season, then five seasons as the Hamilton Tigers. I think that it's safe to say that the early years of the NHL were as fubar as the WHA's existence with teams coming and going.

Comment

Working...
                                X